Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  how do i remove this interior part without breaking it? (pillar trim)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

how do i remove this interior part without breaking it? (pillar trim) by extinct
Started on: 04-25-2007 08:54 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Whuffo on 04-26-2007 02:32 AM
extinct

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for extinctSend a Private Message to extinctDirect Link to This Post
I am installing a stock sub system and need to remove this trim from the dash up and over to the rear pillar. I have the black push pin thing out and the lower lock tab that attaches it to the lower floor trim part. What is holding it from coming out? I don't want to force anything and break it. Thanks.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
There's a tab at the top that slides in under the ceiling. I'd ask stephsformula for pointers, I broke mine when I took it out, and she sent me a nice new one. I broke mine when I was redoing the headliner and putting in a stock sub system.

Notice there's two of those black push things on the pillar. I *THINK* you have to take the B-pillar off too, since it goes under it a ways?

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

[This message has been edited by RWDPLZ (edited 04-25-2007).]

Whuffo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post
You have to take the B pillar trim out first. Then, release the part of the A pillar trim along the top of the door: while standing outside, pull the outer edge of the trim down then pull it towards you. That'll release that section.

The clips that hold it along the A pillar are a bigger problem. They pull straight out - very, very carefully. You'll either break the clip or the A Pillar trim; try to break the clips. New clips can be had from the Fiero Store.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock