Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  V5 compressor + r134a = intermittent AC?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

V5 compressor + r134a = intermittent AC? by USFiero
Started on: 04-25-2007 11:12 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: tjm4fun on 04-25-2007 05:52 PM
USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'll keep it short, since I spent the morning looking through tech. Summer's comin' on, ya know. last year, I replaced my AC compressor with a rebuilt one. The sock one had electrical connectors, looks like all the replacements don't anymore (?). I flushed the system, replaced the O-rings and the filter tube. A shop evacuated and filled the system for me, and I had to ground one connector for the compressor for the thing to kick on when I turn on the AC. I had the exhaust system spring a significant leak which among other things melted the throttle cable. Now the AC only kicks in at High RPMs, and only runs for a little while. I thought maybe the freon had gotten low, but I can't get the compressor to kick in at idle.
Anyone got any idea of what I need to do (besides paying some shop big bucks?)???
I looked in Ogre's cave, and wonder if I need to jumper the compressor somehow to get the clutch to engage? These newer compressors have some type mechanical internal pressure switch maybe? Maybe too much oil in the system?

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 04-25-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tjm4fun

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funDirect Link to This Post
well, it;s too late now, but you were supposed to transfer the switches from your old compressor to the replacement.
you probably are low on freon. there are 2 versions of compressors, the older style like you have I beleive has internal over/under pressure, the only way is to be sure you pressure levels are correct.
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock