Started on: 03-24-2007 07:22 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: kinboyatuwo on 03-25-2007 12:49 PM
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
I have an 87 and one of the rear caliper bolts is stripped out and I usualy would weld somethin to it but i have no welder so i was wondering if there where any other ideas to get a striped torx bolt out??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I'm missing something but if you remove the rubber part over the head doens't some of the head of the bolt still stock out? Couldn't you just grab the head with vice-grips? Since the Torx is stripped why not try an allen head socket in its place
kinboyatuwo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kinboyatuwoSend a Private Message to kinboyatuwoDirect Link to This Post
I would think that something like this would work. http://www.sears.com/sr/jav...6000&vertical=Sears&

There are like 10 different ones, if you go to a parts store I am sure that for $30 you can get something like it that will work fine. I have a set that has pulled just about anything. I think the one in the link is more for screws, I just quicky searched.

Chris

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock