Started on: 03-23-2007 10:31 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: rogergarrison on 03-24-2007 04:46 PM
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2007 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
I was wondering where a good place to get presureized oil from on a 2.8. Anybody know a good place to get those plates that go in between the oil filter and the block??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2007 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
Jegs and Summit have the oil filter adapters.

I am going to use a T fitting from the oil pressure sending unit hole since I have a remote oil filter and cooler already in place.

Have you picked a return line location in your oil pan? There is not much room considering the transmission takes up one side.
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2007 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
not yet I just got a amazing deal on a brand new SRT-4 neon turbo and complete exhaust for almost free so i got to thinking about it and did a search but didnt get many answeres. where did u get the remote mount filter from? there are so many places its hard to make sure its quality.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2007 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
Mine came from Jegs. It is a Perma-Cool Remote Oil Filter Mount Kit. $47 plus shipping. The single filter kit. I only have about 200 miles on the 3.4L swap so I cannot vouch for its long-term health. I also got a Perma-Cool oil cooler that seems to work just fine.

I welded a 3/4 inch 45 degree steel black pipe to my oil pan for the return line. It is located just in front of the engine shock absorber thingy. I do not have A/C, so it was an easy place to hook a big return line without getting in the way of other things. You could use other places, but that seemed best for my needs even though that spot is furthest away from a turbo.
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
You can just go to home depot and get an 1/8" NPT T fitting and mount it right off the block. You can then run the feed from one side and the stock guage into the other (reusing the stock 1/8" to 1/4" adapter)
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
I have another ? about my turbo. Its of a 2005 srt-4 neon. the exhaust housing of the turbo is cast into the manifold. it there any way to get a new exhaust housing or could I just cut the manifold and weld flange onto it?? Or are there other ways around this without buying a new turbo as this unit is brnd new with only 49 miles on it.
Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
Turboguy327 - Sounds like you found a great deal. Just a few thoughts. The oil return fitting on the oil pan is supposed to be placed 1" below the top of the pan, normally on the rear side, but as noted above, either side is OK. The gravity flow return has to enter the oil pan above the oil level in the pan. The standard return fitting is a -10AN fitting, which you can get at any speed shop. There are two types, the bolt through kind and the kind that has to be welded in place. Welding is better, bolt through is easier, but if the inside bolt ever loosens because of vibration, you are kind of screwed. Also, do not use rubber oil lines, buy the braided stainless lines at the speed shop. And get the "FACTORY" manufactured ones specific to the length you need.If you make your own, you may spring a leak; really messy.
I think you are better off cutting the exhaust connection to the manifold and having a good welding shop do the work for you. Ed

------------------

[This message has been edited by Firefighter (edited 03-24-2007).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
On mine, the pressure line was just a pipe ' T ' fitting at the oil pressure sender and low pressure side was just a fitting screwed into the oil pan.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock