Started on: 03-07-2007 10:21 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: AutoTech on 03-08-2007 11:40 PM
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
would anybody know hwo I could hook up a turbo timer from my supra to work on the fiero. My car is an 87. Or would it be posible to program something into the pcm like my buddy did with my supra??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
I'll be putting one on my 87 turbo car this weekend if it shows up. I may be able to give you a few pointers when Im done.
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
that would be sweet cuz its kinda annoying sittin there for a minute letting it idle
BillS

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BillSSend a Private Message to BillSDirect Link to This Post
Why not just use a pressure fed oiler for the turbo bearing?
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
never heard of that. can you go into more detail?? is it better than a timer?? will it get cooler oil to the bearings of the turbo? this is my first car that came non-turbo and I would like to make it the best i can.
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
I got the timer today and put it in after work. Pretty simple really. One B+ constant wire, one key on, one acc, a ground and another e-brake ground. I had to drop the column to splice into the constant (red) and acc. (pink) wires. Hooked up the ground to one of the cluster bolts, and ran the e-brake safety ground wire to the e-brake switch.

It called to run one wire to hot-in-run, and one to acc. I didnt see a need for this and ran them both of them to the pink HIR wire. Everything works great, and this was a $25 cheap-o eBay timer. Also has a warm-up timer which is nice for the winter.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock