Started on: 12-04-2006 08:35 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: 3800superfast on 12-11-2006 03:58 AM
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
OK I was sent these parts to replace the oil pressure sending unit currently on the motor.

Is this where it is supposed to go? This is on the adapter where the oil filter attaches.

My other question is if this is where it goes...what is the Brass T for? And there are 2 wires on the one currently on the motor (1 black and the other is white or yellow, can't tell). The parts sent to me have a 1 wire attached to it and it says it goes to the C203 connector. Does that mean the I will just eliminate the other 2 wires?

Edit to add... This is a 99 Grand prix GTP motor if that helps.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 12-04-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
"My other question is if this is where it goes...what is the Brass T for?"

You got a turbo? T maybe to hook up an oil feed line. It might also serve to place the sensor in a better place as it looks bigger than the pictured one.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
There is no turbo. It is supercharged.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post

lol, Ima dumba$$. The thread is for an SC and I missed it. My apologies.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

lol, Ima dumba$$. The thread is for an SC and I missed it. My apologies.

No worries
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Well as I said on the phone, either hook both up or just screw in the new guy, totally up to you. It actually all depends on what oil idiot light he hooked up, there is a low oil level and a low oil pressure light. If the oil warning light is ment to be triggered by level sensor (which is how mine is hooked up), then I wouldnt worry about leaving in the grand prix oil pressure sensor.

The gtp one is just a simple switch. you can actually use the stock fiero 3 wire oil sensor the same way that the gtp one works, as there is a pressure sensing switch on that too. It is designed to kill the fuel pump when it detects loss of oil pressure, but you could just have it cue the idiot light instead.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 12-05-2006).]

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Well as I said on the phone, either hook both up or just screw in the new guy, totally up to you. It actually all depends on what oil idiot light he hooked up, there is a low oil level and a low oil pressure light. If the oil warning light is ment to be triggered by level sensor (which is how mine is hooked up), then I wouldnt worry about leaving in the grand prix oil pressure sensor.

The gtp one is just a simple switch. you can actually use the stock fiero 3 wire oil sensor the same way that the gtp one works, as there is a pressure sensing switch on that too. It is designed to kill the fuel pump when it detects loss of oil pressure, but you could just have it cue the idiot light instead.

The pressure switch doesn't kill the FP on oil pressure loss , it's a backup incase the FP relay dies. If the relay dies and you have no oil pressure then the FP will quit

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

3 wire? The one I was sent is a single wire.
Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
On a Fiero sender there are 3 wires - one wire is for the gauge and the other two are the FP backup switch
3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
Depending on your oil adaptor set-up, you can probally take the --T-- off and plug it strait in. Then run the blue wire to E--C203 . IIRC Jr does away with the FP relay, he usually sets it up so the fuel pressure will stop. but you`ll need to double check with him to be 100% certain.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

On a Fiero sender there are 3 wires - one wire is for the gauge and the other two are the FP backup switch

If the fiero sender has 3 wires then what the hell sender do I have? JR says its a Fiero sender!
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
not a fiero sender I have ever seen. possibly off a similar motor that does not use the fuel pump relay stye setup.

This one wire one you have will work great, and I am pretty sure that it is "fiero style", but it is for sure not like any fiero one I have seen before.

My guess is that he is trying to hide the secret motor that came with that 1 wire style sender
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3800superfast:

Depending on your oil adaptor set-up, you can probally take the --T-- off and plug it strait in. Then run the blue wire to E--C203 . IIRC Jr does away with the FP relay, he usually sets it up so the fuel pressure will stop. but you`ll need to double check with him to be 100% certain.

Well I have been trying to get ahold of JR since saturday with no response so I went ahead and hooked it up the way you described. It works but it pegs at 80!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
3800Superfast you have a PM
3800superfast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:
Well I have been trying to get ahold of JR since saturday with no response so I went ahead and hooked it up the way you described. It works but it pegs at 80!

How long did you run the engine after it pegged at 80 ? It takes a little longer to drop on the 3800SC , than it does on the old 2.8 Fiero. See if taking it for a 15 minute drive will help that out any. It usually comes down slowly and doesn`t drop as fast or as much as the old 2.8 .
Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Normal oil pressure on a SC3800 is around 80 PSI at driving RPM and at idle around 40 PSI
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2006 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
My 4speed swap does the peg at 80 thing. it sometimes drops to like 70, but it doesnt really seem to go with the engine rpm like I would expect.
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2006 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
I guess I am a little confused. Why arent tou just using the v6 Fiero oil sender unit as is and leave it hooked up as is?

Im not being critical .....just confused

Pm sent
------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

[This message has been edited by ohio86se (edited 12-10-2006).]

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2006 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Ohio, I'm running the fiero sending unit as is too.
3800superfast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2006 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohio86se:
I guess I am a little confused. Why arent tou just using the v6 Fiero oil sender unit as is and leave it hooked up as is?Im not being critical .....just confusedPm sent

Somone else did 80% of the wiring harness , and is trying to walk him through the rest of it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock