Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Just Completed My Turbo 3.4 L DOHC 4T80E with Paddle Shifters and Power Steering (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Just Completed My Turbo 3.4 L DOHC 4T80E with Paddle Shifters and Power Steering by D2Turbo3.4DOHC
Started on: 09-25-2006 12:02 AM
Replies: 46
Last post by: pavo_roddy on 12-14-2006 12:38 AM
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
David, are you going to bring this car to the BBQ on Saturday at WCF?
IP: Logged
D2Turbo3.4DOHC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2Turbo3.4DOHCClick Here to visit D2Turbo3.4DOHC's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2Turbo3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
I hope to bring it.
4-mulaGT
From: Somewhere beetween raisin' hell... and saving grace. oh... and MN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4-mulaGTSend a Private Message to 4-mulaGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D2Turbo3.4DOHC:

Why a 4T80E?

I guess it is because nobody has done this one and maybe there is a small block Chevy in the wings?

Also, we had it; why not use it?

Regards,

David

I call dibs on the 3.4 when he goes SBC
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2006 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scurvy:

What about the new 6sp auto GM has to for the G6 and the Aura. Isn't the 3.6 caddy a 60 degree v6? Now that would be awesome with proper paddle shifters instead of the silly TAPShift layout.

HI all,

Is this 6spd auto available in new cars NOW?? Or is GM still playing the waiting game? OH!! BOY, if you don't post a build thread i'll just have to come down to cali and thump you up a bit......

edit: grammar
------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 12-01-2006).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2006 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
The TAPshift buttons on a gtp are silly, because the idea is just silly. GM knew it was a quite useless idea, as why they never implemented it in the past, but they did it for a few reasons. Other car manufacturs have been doing things like this. They knew that alot of the gtp owners would of liked a manual transmission option. And it was just a really simple thing to do to fetch an extra few thousand out of their car. It really took no more than a few feet of wiring and a modified PCM file to get the tapshift working.

Its the same transmission on a non-tapshift gtp, and there really is absolutely no point for tapshifiting a low rpm motor that makes tons of power over a HUGE power band. If somehow the tapshift cured the lack of power in the beginning of second gear, then I would totally understand the idea, but there is just no extra gear there to shift into to keep the rpms up. I could slightly understand the tapshift idea with the TDC motor, even more with the turblows, but it is still in essence a 3 speed transmission that already knows how to shift and keep the motor in the powerband anyway. I have a feeling that this car has problems in second gear also, and i also doubt that the tapshift does nothing to solve this problem.

I this case, the tap shift was just a simple as putting a steering wheel adapter on, and adding a few wires to the aftermarket controller. But in the case where loyde did the 04 compg gtp swap, there was an extensive amount of work that went into it for just the result of downshifting with the steering wheel instead of the gas pedal.
D2Turbo3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2006 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for D2Turbo3.4DOHCClick Here to visit D2Turbo3.4DOHC's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2Turbo3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Well, I was not able to make the barbeque; but would like to post photos of it on our website.

Regards,

David
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all,

Is there still a build thread planned? *hoping* there is.......hehe....

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock