Started on: 03-27-2006 11:02 AM
Replies: 86
Last post by: vallen11 on 09-18-2006 11:04 AM
86GT3.4DOHC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Well I took it in and had some tips put on it and it runs a ton better. I guess some of it was lack of backpressure, as the exaust is 3" mandrel to a flowmaster 80 dual 2.5 out. I just had it hanging there as I was going to take it in to have tips put on. I didnt like how loud and loose it sounded so I had them use dual 2.25 pipe to muffle it more. It sounds a hundred time better and more importantly runs a lot better.
IP: Logged
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
It will take a bit for the PCM to learn the motor and how it runs. After driving it for about a week, it will have learned the motor abd run even better. Good to hear its up and running, now time to work out the bugs.
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2006 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Got my SC belt jumping problem fixed, it was just too long, dropped .5" and its fixed.

Had a chance to try it out too took an olds 442. We were nearing a merge at about 35 and I heard him gun it, I was just going to slowly creep past him and merge in front. But when I heard this, and as it was going out into the remote country, I nailed it, took him pretty easily and hit 80 before I made it to the merge. I pulled out ahead and tried to keep some distance as I wasnt really out to run, and I didnt want him to get behind me and start something. Well a little ways into the country I see him flying up on me so what the hell, I steped on it from 55 and took it to 110 pretty easily before I decided to call it off, Im not familiar with this car above 100 yet so Id rather find out in more controled circumstances, anyway he never got close. We stopped off on a side road a little ways down and I told him about the local track and told him to hit me up if he saw me there.

As far as whether its as fast as the turbo 3.4DOHC, Id say no way at 12psi, but when Ive got the DOHC at 6, it might be interesting but I dont know about it being close. The DOHC has much more off the line, on the verge of uncontrolable with a boosted launch, this is more of a nice power. But I havent driven it much so I dunno for sure yet, it sure gets up there around 100+ without any effort.

The main thing I dont like about it is it definitely reminds me why I hate slushboxes. In the odd chance you can get it into 1st at over 15mph it takes forever, and it often likes to take its sweet old time figuring out what gear it wants, but mainly it just wont go into 1st

That and Ive popped the right inner CV boot for the second time in as many days. No one around here sells real CV boot clamps in the right size, and judging from the horrible noise I heard going around a fast hard corner, the head of the hose clamp Im using hit the cradle and popped it off.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2006 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
yea, my boot just came off my pass side axle, really quite pissed this wont work, thinking of maybe spacing the outer joint a bit to get by for a few days.

I will probley just throw together a better axle,meh.

You really need to get that thing tuned and a 3.4 put on it. If you buy a pulley, you can come up this way somtime, and get it put on and your pcm flashed with some very very nice transmission mods.
vallen11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vallen11Send a Private Message to vallen11Direct Link to This Post
So you guys are not using the Underhood Fuse/Relay box from the donor vehicles? Just using the stock Fiero fuse panel, and wiring straight to the donor PCM? Also, which connector is the C500? Thanks.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
c500 is next to the battery, uses a small bolt to hold it in.

Instead of using the 40+ fuses and relays in the gtp box, I just spliced the 2 fused injector wires running through the c203 connector to power all my engine and trans sensors. The only thing that sucks real power is the igntion coil and possibly the trans/TCC.

I have a 5amp in one and a 10 amp in the other and havent seen a problem yet. The fiero wiring is quite overkill in gauge so I honestly wouldnt hesitate to run everthing but the igntion off one of the 5 amp TBI injection lines.
vallen11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vallen11Send a Private Message to vallen11Direct Link to This Post
A few more questions for you guys, if you don't mind. I have my wiring schematics for the 99 Buick, and it shows that there are 2 oxygen sensors, but on the Fiero there is just one. For the second o2 sensor, do you just not hook up the wires, or do you splice the wires for the second o2 sensor into the single o2 sensor? Then there is the powering of the sensors and ignition module. I see you run 3 injectors and a couple sensors off each pink line from the c203 connector. Also hook the o2 sensor power into one of these? For my ignition module, there was a pink wire feeding into the harness, where should I hook this pink wire too? I imagine this wire uses quite a bit of electric. Isn't there a wire from the c500 block to use? There was also a white wire off the ignition module. Was toward the middle of the ignition module. Is that a power wire, or a sensor wire? A white wire from the c500 connector was spliced into it, and I believe it went onto one of the sensors by the crank.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock