Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  trunk weatherstripping alternatives (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
trunk weatherstripping alternatives by Doc-
Started on: 01-26-2006 01:37 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: Tha Driver on 10-27-2006 03:11 AM
typhoon

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from the zone. Metro weatherstrip new part number MW00100 and *utozone part number 344859. It is also listed on the zone's website under Metro's old part number LM 100-A.
Page 2 !!!

[This message has been edited by typhoon (edited 07-27-2006).]

IP: Logged
Toaster_Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster_ManSend a Private Message to Toaster_ManDirect Link to This Post
Fiero-in-Paradise: When I installed my I just put it on dry. It has a metal core that lets it clamp onto the lip, and it has about 4 or 5 fingers in the part that goes around the flange that help hold it on. My trunk has been dry after 5 months with this seal installed.

tmur115: I've seen too many people take things to wrong way to comfortably consider something a given. These days its just so much easier to cover your ass than listen to somebody ***** about something I said, whether I meant it or not. But between you and me, I felt it was a given
under8ted

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2006 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedDirect Link to This Post
I just found out yesterday I have the same trunk issue.

I'm going to try a slightly different idea (and its not spending 150 bucks on a piece of rubber ;-) I'm getting a roll of the square-profile adhesive-back weatherstripping and applying that to the inside of the deck lid, so the seal will be from both the top and the bottom of the opening. I'm hoping it works, but if it doesnt I've only lost about 10 bucks.

It'll go on sometime this weekend and I'll do a hose test and let everybody know how it turns out.
perry rhodan

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2006 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for perry rhodanClick Here to visit perry rhodan's HomePageSend a Private Message to perry rhodanDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone here have a picture of this weather strip sold by Autozone (from Metro) ?

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=C001&UserAction=loadPage

I wonder if this strip have the 2 inchs exterior horizontal lip that overlap body part all around the trunk and the internal lower lip that overlap the trunk carpet.

I've found here a wheater strip like the one used here by the two other members (RogCon58 and KeithGT) that have posted picture of their trunk seal, but it lack these two lips....

[This message has been edited by perry rhodan (edited 08-12-2006).]

Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2006 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
OR:
You can use the original trunk gasket (or 2 of them) for a notch & just cut the corners at a 45 degree - like the original GT squared-off gasket. It's a little tricky to cut since it's soft rubber w/metal imbedded in the lip, so practice by making the peices too long. Probably best to use a combination of razor blade & die grinder w/cutoof blade (or Dremel tool). You may want to use 2 (of the original gaskets)
'cause the rounded ends do not like to flatten out when straightened. Glue the corners together with 3M weatherstrip adhesive (comes in black). The result gives you a more factory look, with the lip that covers the edge of the fiberglass.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

If your girlfriend demands that you take her out to some place expensive...................
take her to a gas station!!!!

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 10-27-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock