Heads Up Display by Firefighter
Started on: 02-02-2006 08:53 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: FieroMaster88 on 02-04-2006 03:06 AM
Firefighter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
Although not a great photo, here is my HUD. The photo taken through the front windshield shows a three digit projection unit, I guess I can actually go 999 mph in my Fiero? In the forefront, at the front edge of the speaker cover is a small blackened piece of glass, 1 1/4" x 1/2". the projection unit throws the digital speed to the blackened glass which reflects the speed back at eye level. The glass piece can be angled to reflect back at anyone's eye level. The unit is bright, especially at night, but like many HUD set ups, washes out in direct sunlight.
For those of you who do not need the three digits showing (slow pokes), just use a smaller piece of blackened glass, perhaps 7/8" x 1/2" Ed
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
Well, here is a larger photo.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
My HUD just reflects off my windshield. Its a little high on the display but as my arm is always in the way of seeing my speedo, It works great. Mine only goes to 199MPH, but it also does turn signals, high beam indicator, check engine, and low fuel if I had a light hook up for it. Now all I need is a HUD tach.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!!
http://www.lasvegasfieroclub.com/

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Thats cool! I have been wanting to get one for my 86.

How hard was it to put in?

Scott

------------------

TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post
Firefighter: Does the blackened glass solve the double image reflection problem that I have with the same unit?

sardonyx247: What HUD are you using? I didn't see anything on it in your build thread, did you do a write up on it?

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
Where do you guys get these kits, or are they homemade? I am very intrigued by these and want to looking furhter into them.
TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post
Riceburner98 sells a kit like the one pictured here. read about it at http://www.fieros.de/en/projects/hud.html
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
Mines not a kit, it is kinda homemade. I have not done a write up on it. My build up thread was for my 3.4L swap, since no one made a good 3.4L thread with good pics. I get the double image too, but will be fixing that when I get around to it. (I kinda got used to it)

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!!
http://www.lasvegasfieroclub.com/

Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
Guys - TG Orief 8891 is correct. I got the kit from Riceburner. I did this over a year ago and didn't know until now that the manufacturer was Riceburner, I only knew his real name. He's still out there - Great! Ed
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
I have the same one! Here's a picture of where I installed mine and of it's reflection on my windshield.

------------------
88 Coupe: Modded 4.9L V8 5 speed
http://www.geocities.com/fast88fiero

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock