Started on: 01-24-2006 01:38 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: 30+mpg on 02-24-2006 01:49 PM
USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3atsH0ndas:

After reading this thread last night I hopped in the car('87 GT) and cruised down to the gas station. I topped it off at 11.55 gallons.3atsH0ndas

I think you are getting ripped off by that station.
Would adding the 88 expansion tank to an earlier Fiero make it better (less canister contamination, faster fills, less fuel neck puke)?
I wonder if the vent tube can be bent or angled to give a little more 'breathing room'? I have the needle on my Fiero hit red when it is down to a quarter tank (hmm, 10.5 gallons spec divide by 4 = about 2.6 gallons, currently 22.6 MPG cause I can't do 55 so about 48 miles...) I tend to fill up when my trip odometer gets close to 200 miles.
Pretty cool to see the inside of that tank.

IP: Logged
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
I used the pause & pump method after the pump kicked off. Imagine the air slowly squeezing thru the restrictor.

130 miles and I'm still above 3/4 of a tank. I rezeroed the fuel gauge needle about 4 years ago by removing it and reglueing so it runs out a little past E instead of at 1/8 of a tank.

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:
Epoxy an L shaped tube into the vent tube that is to the right of the filler tube.
Position the top of the L close to the top of the tank.
This raises the vent point, decreases the size of the trapped air chamber & speeds filling.
More air would exit via the air vent on the filler neck instead of trying to squeeze thru the vent restrictor.

That sounds logical enough. Is there a reason they didn't take this approach in the first place?

30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
335.5 miles and I pumped in 10.702 gallons of 87 octane into a 10.3 tank in my 86 2M4.

Plus I have a 1 gallon reserve can in the trunk.

So I should be able to go 365 miles between gas sation stops if I had to.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock