Started on: 01-17-2006 01:58 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: whadeduck on 01-18-2006 05:18 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
A small corner of my fastback clip is broken and wants to come off. It's a small section no bigger than a dime where the fastback roof section, the door and the rear quarter meet. Any ideas how I can fix such a small section? Also, has anyone removed the quarter windows from a fastback section without breaking them? Thanks in advance.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Your Corvette SMC Panel Adhesive is the stuff. It has a hardner you mix in and goes on like auto glaze.

BTW, are you sure your fastback isn't a notchy/fastback conversion? The only fastvbacks I've seen with that problem are the conversions. Best check your ownership.

Arn

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Also, has anyone removed the quarter windows from a fastback section without breaking them?

I have. Pulled out a set on an 86. I used a very small diamiter wire and cut it out. You use the same procedure as pulling a windshield.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
I bought the fastback clip from someone at Ed Park's swap meet. The damage looks like it happened either getting it to or from the swap meet. Got the deck lid too. I'll take a picture tonight and post it so you can see. Where can I get that adhesive? Thanks for the info.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

whadeduck

8907 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Cool. Want to see if I can salvage the ones I have on there. They seem to be in pretty good shape for now. It ain't broke, so why fix it? I need to pull them off to do the body and paint work.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2006 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

whadeduck

8907 posts
Member since Jul 2004
This is the piece I was talking about. Right about door handle level just behind the passenger side door.

I need to keep that from falling off or there'll be a big small hole in the side of my car.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Bump. So someone can see the picture of what I'm talking about.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Any body shop supply store will have the SMC filler. I dont know if any stores like Autozone carry stuff that specific. It should say somewhere that its suitable for body repair to later (C4-C6) Corvettes. Make sure you grind off all traces of paint and primer where you fix it. It wont hurt if that 'chip' even comes completely off.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2006 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to get with you later Roger about instructing on how to paint my car. Never done it before but I do have a rented shop to work in and I'm an extremely quick learner. Thanks for the info. on the patch.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock