Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Exhaust on 4.9 with a 5spd Manifolds and ??

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Exhaust on 4.9 with a 5spd Manifolds and ?? by Capt Fiero
Started on: 05-20-2005 12:10 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: GT on 05-25-2005 10:26 AM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
OK I need to know what my options are.

Are all 4.x motors the same heads. Can I use the manifolds from any 4.x motor and use it.

I am going to get a custom Y-Pipe bent up but I need get a set of manifolds that are going to point me in the right direction first.

According to Ed the 91-93 Deville is perfect. But around here that is like finding a needle in a hay stack. I know I saw a lot of 4.1 and 4.5 motors in cars at a yard about 30miles east of here and I might go and check there.

But what other cars can I use from.

Pics would be Cool. Please.

------------------
85GT 5spd MSD Everything,4.9 With Nitrous. Comming Soon! www.captfiero.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
I have the manifolds you need. Too bad you did not pick them up when you were down here getting your motor.
I use them to hold down a tarp.

------------------

87 notchback 4.9L swap in progress
Custom LED Notchback Tail Lights

collinwestphal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for collinwestphalSend a Private Message to collinwestphalDirect Link to This Post
I made a thread called" 4.9L information thread" or something that has ALL the different cadillac manifolds listed, and pics of some too. The older 4.5 manifolds are smaller, and would significantly hurt your performance. I have a set in the basement, but they are just too small in diameter. I use the 91' deville cast iron manifolds with felpro gaskets. These old things can leak if you don't use a gasket.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

I have the manifolds you need. Too bad you did not pick them up when you were down here getting your motor.
I use them to hold down a tarp.

Hmm well it was costing me like 70 bucks round trip each time I went down. I wonder how much it would be in a smaller car when I dont need to pay for gas for a TRUCK.

Now lets weigh in the costs of buying them up here.

Man you got a P.M.

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
I used 2 front side: SeVille/94 DeVille/Eldorado manifolds with mine. Had a really hard time at finding them as no one seemed to want to part out the motor. One was from a 94 DeVille that someone was parting out from his home out in Edson, the other had to come from Florida

CentralFloridaFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CentralFloridaFierosClick Here to visit CentralFloridaFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to CentralFloridaFierosDirect Link to This Post
I used a Pair of 93 Edlo Manifolds as seen in this image to make true duals

Exhaust look like this:
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2005 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well I traded my Eldorado's manifolds to fourpoint9 and got his deville manifolds. I had the big hole welded over yesterday. I need to see if anyone has any pics of a cross over pipe used with the Isuzu 5spd and the Deville manifolds. I am planning on using the stock V6 Exhaust system, in an effort to keep the exhaust note semi quite.

I am going to be running 3 different muffles. I am replacing the cat/test pipe section with a bottle muffler then having it route through the stock muffler and exit through Monza Tips. This should give it a nice quite deep tone but the Monza should give it an almost exotic sound. I can't wait.

------------------
85GT 5spd MSD Everything,4.9 With Nitrous. Comming Soon! www.captfiero.com

GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2005 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTSend a Private Message to GTDirect Link to This Post
What I'm doing (and there's a picture on Rockcrawls site http://www.fieroaddiction.com/caddy49f.html -second exhaust system from the bottom) is running the front pipe down and right and then going under the front of the oil pan. Then connect the two at the rear where it comes off the rear manifold and into a cat and muffler and out the back. The beauty of this setup is that there is no ugly crosover pipe on top of the tranny.

Edit to add, the rear manifold outlet will face the passenger side so that it can connect to the pipe coming up from under the oil pan.

Edit again, Just noticed the picture Mickey_Moose posted has the setup I'm talking about.

------------------
-Rick Stewart
85GT 5.0CaddyV8/Getrag 5-spd in progress...
www.V8Fiero.com

[This message has been edited by GT (edited 05-25-2005).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock