Started on: 02-02-2005 12:54 AM
Replies: 54
Last post by: watts on 10-26-2005 02:29 AM
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2005 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Installed yet..??

------------------

Choptopped WideBody GT 1 of 1

IP: Logged
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2005 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Installed yet..??

Yes, it's in. I have quite a few items to complete before it runs.
I'll post a photo tonight.

Also I'm working on custom LED tail lights.

How's your Smooooth GT 4.9 swap coming? and is the choptop done now?
We need to get you a digital camera so you can share with the rest of us.

How are the other things going? Did you get your car moved so the heat was off you?
How's your Mom?

------------------
fourpoint9
87 notchback 4.9L swap in progress

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post

------------------
fourpoint9

GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTSend a Private Message to GTDirect Link to This Post
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2005 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
WOW, I sure hope you will have this car at the Arlington Meet and promise to take me for a spin in it. (that is assuming I dont have a 4.9 in mine by then. I am in Surrey B.C. about 20min East of Vanvouver. If you ever make it up here, look us up I would love to meet you.

After killing my 4th 2.8 V6 in 11 years it is time for a better motor and the 4.9 looks like it will be it.

------------------
85GT 4spd MSD Everything, Big Cam and Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2005 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Sure, if all goes well I should have it at the Arlington Meet and would be happy to give you a ride.
It will not look like much on the outside (yet). But I should have it running by then.
When it's all done and painted it would be cool to take it for a cruise and come up to your neck of the woods.
Thanks for the invite!

http://www.arlington.westcoastfieros.com/
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/049760.html

------------------
fourpoint9

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 04-15-2005).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2005 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Ok everything is hooked up. Ed Parks harness, Rockcrawl chip, New Radiator, Norm's Battery Tray upfront.

I can start it and it runs with Ether. It pops (timing?)
It has a new fuel pump (I used one for a 4.9 DeVille) It has fuel pressure.
Maybe my injectors need cleaning? The motor sat for a long time.
I have not pulled any spark plugs yet.

Can I clean the injectors myself or should I have them done?
This place is near me: http://www.carburetion.com/fuel.htm

Any advice?

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 04-30-2005).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2005 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post

fourpoint9

1058 posts
Member since Feb 2004
Bump
for Help!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2005 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Someone help him please.

I want to ride in his car next month.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 05-13-2005).]

paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2005 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
If it's an ether bunny than it a fuel delivery problem. Mine sat for a long time but the injectors only had a few hundred miles on them at the time. I changed out my fuel pump, rebuilt my distributor and a host of other things because I refused to believe it could have been the injectors. I had a pro come over and have a go at it and guess what he found to be the problem? If you guessed the injectors, you win the prize. Just the little bit that I ran them previously was enough to gum them up from sitting for a year.

You can try soaking them in some parts cleaner or if you have access to an ultasonic cleaner that would be better but the nice thing about having them done professionally is that they flow test them so the output matches on all of them.

neverendingproject

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2005 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neverendingprojectSend a Private Message to neverendingprojectDirect Link to This Post
Did you check your fuses? I don't know how Ed wires his harness but if a fuse is missing/blown some of your injectors might not be getting power. I'd call Ed and make sure he knows if your car was a 6 or 4 cylinder.

------------------
Alan Frazier
'88 coupe auto 74k miles for sale
'86 GT-'92 3.4 TDC 5 speed(sold)
'84 2m4 daily driver

PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2005 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Just want to add, I saw this car in Person at around midnight last night. It sounded AWESOME!!!!!!! If my car sounds half as good I am going to be in heaven.

------------------
85GT 5spd MSD Everything,4.9 With Nitrous. Comming Soon! www.captfiero.com

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Ah Steve Help

You have two idlers ???

I think I have one.

I just bought the 94 Camaro Tensioner today. Drop me an MSN when you get home and I will call you,.

David

I need to get this belt routing taken care of.

------------------
85GT 5spd MSD Everything,4.9 With Nitrous. Comming Soon! www.captfiero.com

Bubba G 1987 FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bubba G 1987 FieroGTClick Here to visit Bubba G 1987 FieroGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bubba G 1987 FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a diagram for the bracket that holds the pulley next to the water pump? Also, is your other diagrams for the belt tensioner pulley current... after you modifyed the bracket for the belt to line up correctly? Please email me the diagrams.. PLEASE! Do you have diagrams for the engine and trans mounts?

Sorry for all the ?'s but I need these mounts so I can do my swap..... won't be near as nice as yours, but will have the 87 Fiero GT back on the road where she belongs!

Thanks,

Bubba

watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:
The Air Cleaner is from ebay for a Yukon but I replaced the blue rubber connector with a 3" connector from the plumbing section at Home Depot
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7953390312&cate gory=38634

Just to follow up this part of the thread, as the above link is now dead and gone...

Here's a "fresh" link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-GMC-350-305-TAHOE-SIERRA-YUKON-88-95-AIR-INTAKE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQitemZ8009599065QQrdZ1

Also - note the year range. 88-95 Yukon. For whatever reason I had '99 on the brain and couldn't find a new link!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock