4.9 Exhaust by Jeff Smith
Started on: 03-06-2005 06:49 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: OldBob on 04-14-2005 06:28 PM
Jeff Smith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2005 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff SmithSend a Private Message to Jeff SmithDirect Link to This Post
I was cruising about looking at 4.9 swap stuff and came across some interesting exhaust pics yesterday. I was being stupid and did not bookmark the photo's and have been searching in the archives and other groups online and have been unable to find them again.

I am interested in exhausts that people have put together without cutting out the trunk. I found a picture of Ed Park's exhaust setup and thought that was an interesting setup but can't find it again, can anyone help with posting a pic of that one also?

Thanks,
Jeff

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2005 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jeff Smith:

I was cruising about looking at 4.9 swap stuff and came across some interesting exhaust pics yesterday. I was being stupid and did not bookmark the photo's and have been searching in the archives and other groups online and have been unable to find them again.

I am interested in exhausts that people have put together without cutting out the trunk. I found a picture of Ed Park's exhaust setup and thought that was an interesting setup but can't find it again, can anyone help with posting a pic of that one also?

Thanks,
Jeff

Hopefully PBJ will Chime in he's doena couple (mine and Jscotts) without cutting the trunk

Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingDirect Link to This Post
This is how I did mine without having to cut the trunk

From the front of the engine

Closeup of the rear of the engine

I use 2 front El Dorado manifolds to build this system the car sounds great and people know you are coming!!

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE 2.8 - beater coupe-
86 SE 3.4 -in progress 3800 II SC -
88 Formula GT 4.9 5 speed beast
Enough parts outside for another one
-And a 3.4 push rod for sale in the mall Go and look-

jeffndebrus

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffndebrusSend a Private Message to jeffndebrusDirect Link to This Post

Obviously not completed at this point but you get the idea----using the caddy stock cross over.

------------------
Proud Member of the DOWN SOUTH SUNNY WINTER drive your Fiero Naked Coalition.

85 4.9SE 4T60E Parks harness/ Rockcrawl chip-- No I do not want to race!

Jeff Smith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff SmithSend a Private Message to Jeff SmithDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies, but my problem is that I need to have a cat installed to be able to pass the visual on the emission testing.

I am leaning toward a modified V6 style exhaust but I saw what i thought was a picture of Ed Park's exhaust as he or one of his guys described on the Yahoo Cadero Owners Group, and I wanted to see it again for reference.

jeff

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
Check Bubba's site: http://members.fortunecity.com/bubbajoexx/id17.htm (scroll down about 1/2 ways)

He has a picture of a modified cross over pipe similar to the Fiero V6 that would allow you to use a similar to stock exhaust set up.

Tim

jeffndebrus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffndebrusSend a Private Message to jeffndebrusDirect Link to This Post
There are some excellent pics here from Rockcrawl with cats

http://fieroaddiction.com/caddy49f.html

------------------
Proud Member of the DOWN SOUTH SUNNY WINTER drive your Fiero Naked Coalition.

85 4.9SE 4T60E Parks harness/ Rockcrawl chip-- No I do not want to race!

PBJ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2005 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, our computer is in the shop, msn virus took it out, so we are on the laptop for a wee bit. Jscott's car has the exhaust routing the same as stock V6 using a cat and a muffler. You can find his many page build thread with some exhaust pics in the General area.

Pete

------------------

opm2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post

This is either Tom Hill's or George Ryan's at Wheatstock. But looks like no cat and the trunk is out.

David Breeze

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2005 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Hey jeff, how are you supporting your moofler?Just standard supports, or anything special? Also, has anyone shortened a Flowmaster muffler? Can I just cut it, and reweld the end back on?

Eric

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2005 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
...welll, here is a the way I have mine done (no cat)

...some more pictures can be found here (not resized and are large): http://members.shaw.ca/edmontonfieros/4.9%20Exhaust/

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 04-14-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2005 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
Here is my web page that shows my install. About half way down it shows the exhaust system (if you need a higher res picture I think I can fine one). I use a cat from the exhaust to a turbo tube. It makes for a clean looking system and sounds great.

http://webserv.absolute-net.com/jgunsett/EngineSwap.html

Jack

------------------
If you can not run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2005 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
You guys that are using the rear dump. What kind of bends are you using to make the U for the pipe to hit the muffler? I had a shop today bend me one up, just to see how things would fit, and it looks like it will be waaaaay to low. Are there any tricks to tucking the muffler up in there as high as possible, and still run decent pipes from the manifold to the muffler?

Eric

OldBob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2005 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldBobSend a Private Message to OldBobDirect Link to This Post
Take a look at:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/059905-2.html

Towards the end of the page 2 messages.

No trunk cutout and true duals. The mufflers are where the cat and stock muffler were.

Bob

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock