Started on: 08-03-2004 04:32 PM
Replies: 54
Last post by: crzyone on 10-07-2004 07:17 PM
donk316

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-06-2004 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
Ooohhhhh.....now i see what your doing....very cool.

And I own page 2 yo!

[This message has been edited by donk316 (edited 08-06-2004).]

IP: Logged
caddyrocket

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for caddyrocketSend a Private Message to caddyrocketDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nocutt:

Caddy rocket...I know who you are (from the f-body board/clubgp under a different banner...lol) and "the self prophesized guru" remark isn't directed towards you but rather a generalization...

Anywayz, a video is still only that a video...a graph will show the minimal band I believe this HUGEmongous turbos (ppl have started to claim is the "right turbo") will generate...the 3.4DOHC "might" benefit from a big hairdrier, but there are other issues associated with running them...and also a 3.4 pushrod will not produce 373 Ft/lb TQ with 5psi on that turbo anywayz (maybe with a lil squeeze?), I am sorry the math doesn't work out for me!! Like I said No flame just MY OWN logical standpoint...I will stand corrected when I see a connection ...

Not sure what you mean by "different banner". KBS Turbo has always been my company. The other banners you might be refering to might be the other companies I've developed turbo kits for. They both sell kits I've developed solely or in conjuntion with them. Perhaps banner refers to user name (unfortunately my chosen name of Speed isn't always available). caddyrocket comes from the northstar build I was doing and Turbocharged seemed logical on ClubGP because Speed was already taken.

As far as the power at 5psi, I don't want to fill this guys thread up with debate and you are very much entitled to your opinion. There was no nitrous that I know of on the car when he pulled it. In anycase, someone started another thread out there for this so it can be something to be discussed there. You won't get too much from me however as I've been down this road a few times before. I'll just say that if you want to confirm it, get with Tiago, inspect his car, then go to the dyno .

InDeX420

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InDeX420Click Here to visit InDeX420's HomePageSend a Private Message to InDeX420Direct Link to This Post
Not exactly on topic here..but it is turbo related...
I was reading this in chevy HP mag...and it really gives me some idears...

www.ststurbo.com

for those of u who want to know before u click...its a turbo mounted where a muffler would be, remote mount if u will...I wonder if this would work in a fiero, maybe make a little room around the muffler and put on there?

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by caddyrocket:

As far as the power at 5psi, I don't want to fill this guys thread up with debate and you are very much entitled to your opinion. There was no nitrous that I know of on the car when he pulled it. In anycase, someone started another thread out there for this so it can be something to be discussed there. You won't get too much from me however as I've been down this road a few times before. I'll just say that if you want to confirm it, get with Tiago, inspect his car, then go to the dyno .

Very cool way to handle the potentially volatile comment.

Having just purchased a 3.4 DOHC motor, I, too, am interested in what needs to be done to turbo the motor. I'd really like to get rid if the huge intake and replace it with a "boosted" system.

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show @ Pontiac, Mich - 7/2003
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 8th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2004

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!!
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
A custom intake would be ideal for a turbo application. On my 94 intake the throttle body is part of the casting so it is not upgradable. This intake however looks to flow much better than a camaro or fiero 60* V-6. Under boost maybe the stock intake will perform well enough for what I need? Hope so!
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
This is a shot of the custom intake on Chris West's Turbo 3.4 DOHC.

[This message has been edited by Fastback 86 (edited 08-09-2004).]

caddyrocket

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for caddyrocketSend a Private Message to caddyrocketDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

Very cool way to handle the potentially volatile comment.

Having just purchased a 3.4 DOHC motor, I, too, am interested in what needs to be done to turbo the motor. I'd really like to get rid if the huge intake and replace it with a "boosted" system.

Thanks! And VERY cool way to swap interiors as well. Your build up is definately inspiration for an attempt at a swap down the road.

In anycase, I'm more than happy to map out a turbocharger for you guys and can sell you a good turbo at a good price. As far as custom intakes and such, I'm going to build one for my 3.8 swap but producing them might be a PITA. I've only got one TIG and two hands lol. The Chris West one above looks very good. It sounds like he might have some input on the thread if he reads the board.

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
I believe Chris used a 2.8 throttle body on his 3.4 turbo. Not sure why, my 3.4 throttle body looks a good 50% larger than a 2.8.
fieroman87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Direct Link to This Post
has anyone sugested using garrett GT32s? (a pair) that would support power till over 8k rpm and start making power at around 2200 rpm (just about right for cruising down the highway and passing w/o out downshifting)

------------------
- Why you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking, NERF HERDER!!!
- Who's scruffy lookin'?

Arty: a.k.a. FestYboy or Fieroman87
'87 GT 5 spd.
'88 Festiva 5 spd.
Yahoo messanger: AMAbonus
AIM: FestYboy88L

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

I believe Chris used a 2.8 throttle body on his 3.4 turbo. Not sure why, my 3.4 throttle body looks a good 50% larger than a 2.8.

I too am running my chromed 2.8 throttle body on my 3.4 DOHC Turbo, which is fine for around 400hp under boost so you don't need that big ugly one from the 3.4.. my intake is the same as Chris'

------------------

still plays with cars..

PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know if Chris West will sell the custom intakes?

Sour

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by caddyrocket:

On the L36 Grand Prix...
Yup, the MAF works on it just fine. We were running a mini-AFC with 36lb L67 injectors to modify the MAF signal so the car would idle ok. It is an L36 which originally came with 22lb injectors if I recall. Without the maf and on smaller injectors with less boost It made in the 260 range but I can't remember the details on that.

Here is the video of that run.

http://www.kbsturbo.com/l36grandprix/videos/turbogtdyno1.wmv

If you are looking for a turbo system for a 3.8 fiero, LMK. When I finish mine, I will have something to mock up parts off of and could sell you some peices to make it easier.

so you used a AFC --- couldn't you use the L67 pcm and injectors on the L36 with a turbo? or is that like taking an L67 and putting an L36 intake and turbo on it?

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 08-10-2004).]

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Just a bump to put this thread back on the map. Any progress?

Roy

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
well, I'm less than a week away from having the car on the road, naturally aspirated.

I will start buying parts for the turbo swap soon. I've decided to go with a T61 turbo, will easily support 400hp. I'll be looking for deals on e-bay for bov, intercooler, water injection, and some sort of aftermarket engine management, havn't decided what to use yet.

Huge wishlist, hopefully I will have everything I need by spring so I can get it started.

------------------

Buy a fiero, become a mechanic

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock