Started on: 05-29-2004 05:14 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: GARY TUCKER on 06-02-2004 10:09 PM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2004 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I got another one of my small projects out of the way today. I installed my stainless steel decklid panels. Ok, here is how it is done.
1: Make sure the surfaces you are going to mount them to are completely clean. I used this stuff from the Eastwood company that leaves no residue and removes all oils and silicones. Make sure you clean the stainless steel panels too.

2: Next apply some double sided tape and silicone adhesive. Make sure to make it a pretty thick bead. The double sided tape is needed because the silicone adhesive will take 24 hours to be fully cured.

3: Press the panels into place and make sure that you work them all the way around so the adhesive makes contact. I also banged down the area where the ground wire clips on, you can clip the ground to the panel directly. You're almost done.

4: Remove the protective covering and admire your work, you're done and now you can see the reflection of your clean engine.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 05-30-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2004 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
WOW i love that mod!!! Can you tell me where i can get a set of those panel so i can do that to my gt. Thanks daniel

------------------
fast and reckless

daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2004 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post

daniel87fierogt

1793 posts
Member since Oct 2003
And oh yeah i forgot something. Where did you get that EGR valve on the y-pipe? I see those on quite a few fieros and since mine needs replacing i want to get that one.

------------------
fast and reckless

2000RagTop

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2004 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2000RagTopSend a Private Message to 2000RagTopDirect Link to This Post
"Nice"

------------------
88GT/Auto/Beechwood Leather/SunRoof/Wing/Sub-Woofer/w-EQ/225/45/17 Michelin Pilots/All Opts Ex.T-Tops

<<< <<< <<< <<< < Pix of my GT /-
-/ Pix of my Vettes> >>> >>> >>> >>>
*** *** *** *** *** * "If you appreciate my contribution,..please rate me, Thanks"* *** *** *** *** ***

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2004 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
You can order the stainless steel panels from Chris Berry. His email is CBTAZ1@aol.com or you can call him at 630-539-4012. The cost for my GT was $80 plus $15 for shipping. He takes checks and money orders. I bought the cover for the EGR off Ebay. They show up now and then. You might be able to find one in the junkyard, they just pop on.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 05-29-2004).]

daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2004 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Allright thanks Avengandor for the info and price on the stainless panels and the egr cover. I will definitely check into getting both since they look so good. + for you.

------------------
fast and reckless

Fierokid87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2004 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

Allright thanks Avengandor for the info and price on the stainless panels and the egr cover. I will definitely check into getting both since they look so good. + for you.

I might have an extra EGR cover. Ill look for it. Let me know what your address is and send me shipping money and you can have it. I already have one on my Fiero.

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Bump for those that missed this.
daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fierokid im definetely interested in that cover if you can find it. PM me when you find it and tell me how much you want for it and then ill send you a money order and my address. Thanks daniel

------------------
fast and reckless

daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2004 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Hey Avengador where did you get that chrome pipe that goes from the air cleaner canister to the throttle body? I really like the stainless steel panels and the chrome intake pipe.

------------------
fast and reckless

stuartlowery

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
User Banned

Report this Post05-31-2004 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stuartloweryClick Here to visit stuartlowery's HomePageSend a Private Message to stuartloweryDirect Link to This Post
intake pipe is a CRX Cold Air Intake usually found on Ebay as well.
PFF
System Bot
daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2004 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Well i saw the long chrome tube in the CRX cold air intake kit but i also saw the shorter tube in the kit as well. Do you have to buy the whole cold air kit just to get the Short piece of tubing. I want to keep the stock aircleaner canister but i want to get rid of that ugly rubber tube thats come stock.

------------------
fast and reckless

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2004 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
The chrome intake pipe is not a CRX one. Mine connects to the stock air filter housing. I bought it from the Fiero store a couple of years ago and I think it was the last one they sold, as they don't carry it no more. It even came with a braided stainless steel hose, to connect to the metal pipe, that goes to the front valve cover. You might be able to see it better in these pictures.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 05-31-2004).]

daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
OH i see avengador. I really wish someone sold that chome pipe because that is really sharp looking. Thanks for the pics. Hey fierokid did you get my PM on that EGR valve cover?

------------------
fast and reckless

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
As far as the stainless steel panels, another method is to use hi-temp RTV, or hi-temp Silicone in a tube. Run a bead around the outside about 1 inch from the edge and place some 'hersey drop' globs on the interior of the panel about 6 inches apart from each other. Work fairly quickly, then place panel in position, secure panel in place with masking tape, and let set over-night.

Just thought I'd throw this in, the double back tapes must be for hi-temp (engine compartment) applications, where temps can reach 400 degree F.

------------------

0 to 75 Audio http://www.cartsys.com/fiero/cal-engine.wav

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
The double sided tape is only needed to help hold the panels up, while the adhesive set up. The instructions said it would take 24 hours to be fully cured. As I mentioned above, you need to make sure that all the surfaces are clean before attempting this. I used a cleaner called PRE from the Eastwood company. It cleans all oils, greases and silicon without leaving any residue. You might even want to rough up the surfaces a bit to ensure you get a good grip with the adhesive.
GARY TUCKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GARY TUCKERSend a Private Message to GARY TUCKERDirect Link to This Post
There's that dirty engine again !

------------------
1988 Gary Tucker (GT)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock