Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Dunb Q # 97 * * * Wipers won't turn off ??

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Dunb Q # 97 * * * Wipers won't turn off ?? by 2000RagTop
Started on: 05-22-2004 06:23 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: 2000RagTop on 05-23-2004 06:11 PM
2000RagTop

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2000RagTopSend a Private Message to 2000RagTopDirect Link to This Post
Dumb Question # 97...... Windshield Wipers won’t turn off ???

I was working on the car today, cleaning under the hood. After finishing, I got in the car started it and noticed
the wipers would not shut off.

Even with the switch in the off postion the wipers still run intermittent (slow speed)

I don't know if i hit something ?? Or........"Is it just a Fiero thing?"

Any Ideas……..LOL LOL LOL ??? Heck, I knows it's rainin' alot here in Wisconsin.......But??

------------------
88GT/Auto/Beechwood Leather/SunRoof/Wing/Sub-Woofer/w-EQ/225/45/17 Michelin Pilots/All Opts Ex.T-Tops

<<< <<< <<< <<< < Pix of my GT /-
-/ Pix of my Vettes> >>> >>> >>> >>>
*** *** *** *** *** * "If you appreciate my contribution,..please rate me, Thanks"* *** *** *** *** ***

[This message has been edited by 2000RagTop (edited 05-22-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mattm

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattmSend a Private Message to mattmDirect Link to This Post
My 86 GT was doing the same thing when i bought it. I ended up replacing the switch inside the steering column.

Matt

------------------
85 GT
86 GT
86 SE
Must buy many more:D

spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
Sounds like you got some water in the wiper motor circuit board. If you did, take off the plastic cover (held by a 1/4" hex screw), remove the board and pour some rubbing alcohol (90%) on it. Then air dry the board and it should be o.k.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
If you want to isolate the switch from the system, you can unplug the connector for the switch under the dash. If the wipers are still working, the problem is the circuit board. If it stops, the problem is the switch in the column.

Good luck

2000RagTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2000RagTopSend a Private Message to 2000RagTopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

Sounds like you got some water in the wiper motor circuit board. If you did, take off the plastic cover (held by a 1/4" hex screw), remove the board and pour some rubbing alcohol (90%) on it. Then air dry the board and it should be o.k.

This is what I was thinking/hoping. It was working fine before the cleaning. I did use water from the hose.
I will look at this..........tomorrow

2000RagTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2000RagTopSend a Private Message to 2000RagTopDirect Link to This Post
Well........"cross my fingers" I believe it's fixed.........

Today, I did pull the board, it wasn't wet ?? But as long as I had it out I sprayed
it with a Electrial Cleaner , all the connects. put it back in..... It appears to be working.

-Michael

"live an learn"

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock