Started on: 05-05-2004 07:52 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Jeremiah on 05-07-2004 07:34 PM
Jeremiah

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post
Is it generally a better idea to lengthen the wires in the wire harness or pull the harness out and move it over to the side? What other caveats do you think i should look out for before doing this swap? Suggestions, please!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jeremiah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2004 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post
Man, nothing?
Elenor84

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2004 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Elenor84Click Here to visit Elenor84's HomePageSend a Private Message to Elenor84Direct Link to This Post
Get your v6 from a parts car and just use the wiring harness from the v6 as it goes over to the battery.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2004 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elenor84:

Get your v6 from a parts car and just use the wiring harness from the v6 as it goes over to the battery.

I hate to say this but it's not that easy.................................this has to be one of the hardest swaps I have ever done.
Nothing but a freakin nightmare chasing electrical problems, and wound having to swap out all of the interior wiring cause nothing would match up.

Honestly after doing one of these I wouldnt wish it upon my worst enemy.

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2004 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
I still say it shouldnt be that hard
Jeremiah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2004 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

I still say it shouldnt be that hard

dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2004 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jeremiah:

Is it generally a better idea to lengthen the wires in the wire harness or pull the harness out and move it over to the side? What other caveats do you think i should look out for before doing this swap? Suggestions, please!

Either get the engine compartment harness with the donor motor, or lengthen the wires so that you can move C500 (the firewall connector on the '84) over to the location near the battery which the later years used.

...unless of course you like melting wiring connectors with the V6 exhaust manifold.

Maetrix66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2004 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Maetrix66Click Here to visit Maetrix66's HomePageSend a Private Message to Maetrix66Direct Link to This Post
Anyone near Maine want to find out if an excessive amount of heat
shielding can keep the c500 connector safe from a 3100 manifold in a 84 se, they can
swing by my familys shop this weekend, as I am firing mine up for the first time since the swap.
I have a good 2 inches from the heat shielding over the connectors to the heat shielding on the manifold.
I'd say bring some marshmallows in anticipation, but electrical fire tends to make
the marshmallows taste nasty. LOL
Jeremiah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2004 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post
I wont be able to make it, but make sure you let us in on the results.
Jeremiah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2004 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post

Jeremiah

2265 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Actually, how did you run the harness? Did you just leave it in place or did you replace it and move it over?

Originally posted by Maetrix66:

Anyone near Maine want to find out if an excessive amount of heat
shielding can keep the c500 connector safe from a 3100 manifold in a 84 se, they can
swing by my familys shop this weekend, as I am firing mine up for the first time since the swap.
I have a good 2 inches from the heat shielding over the connectors to the heat shielding on the manifold.
I'd say bring some marshmallows in anticipation, but electrical fire tends to make
the marshmallows taste nasty. LOL

Jeremiah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2004 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post

Jeremiah

2265 posts
Member since Jul 2003
?
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave