Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  taking my gauge cluster apart, anyone need pics? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
taking my gauge cluster apart, anyone need pics? by buddycraigg
Started on: 01-26-2004 08:34 PM
Replies: 60
Last post by: buddycraigg on 04-07-2004 01:07 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2004 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
hmmm, isn't there that very reflective saftey paint stuff? or maybe I'm just imagining things?

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

IP: Logged
84se-Stock

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2004 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
They cut back my hours at work next week so I'll be spending most of my time out in the garage working on some minor mods and general cleanup. I finally managed to get my camera working and took about 30 pictures of my car yesterday but when I tried taking a picture of the gauges it just barely shows an outline of the gauges doing them no justice. I'll tinker around with them some more over the next week or so and get around to posting some progress pics.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2004 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i drove to work this morning with the gauge cluster in the passenger seat.
how's that for an excuse for getting out of a speeding ticket.

"Boy, do you know how fast you were going?"
"No sir, I really dont..."

i discovered that the trunk release does not work with the gauge cluster unplugged. i tried it with the car running with the E break on and with the car off. i wonder what it grounds though

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2004 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
it's finally done... and bright enough to see.
Stinkin_V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2004 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Direct Link to This Post
Pics of a green-lit cluster would be awesome..
thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2004 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comDirect Link to This Post
I bet there isn't any photos because it all done, but it's orange. No really I know for a fact Buddy has put some serious time and funds into this one.

------------------
That Todd guy

Need parts? Email me at todd@thefierofarm.com
www.thefierofarm.com
Bates City, MO

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2004 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thefierofarm.com:
I bet there isn't any photos because it all done, but it's orange.

[ sarcasm] HA HA [/ sarcasm]

i'll be right back.

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2004 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

buddycraigg

13597 posts
Member since Jul 2002
ok, so my camera cant take a pic of it. but it's green damn it.
Darin_85SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2004 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darin_85SESend a Private Message to Darin_85SEDirect Link to This Post
You're a trip, Buddy; you crack me up!:

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

that green "thingie" still freaks me out for some reason.

i'ts very disturbing.

and
FIRST, there are two "G"s in my last name
say it with me...
buddy
craigg
LMAO So, how do you like it? And was that Julia or Ling? (can't 'member)

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2004 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i did it to julia, she has a cd player with green lights the heater controls and the deck switch shouldn't be anywhere near as hard as the gauges were.
Darin_85SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2004 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darin_85SESend a Private Message to Darin_85SEDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Are you happy with how it turned out? Did you manage to keep a straight face when the cop asked that question?! lol And did he?
PFF
System Bot
billybob403

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2004 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billybob403Send a Private Message to billybob403Direct Link to This Post
You have to remember that blue is one of the most dimly lit colors there are, and green is not far behind.

I have to wonder if there'd be decent color transfer if you used a chrome paint base, then used a color type clear coat.

or, since the color green you used did not look much like a fluorescent green, you could likely find the fluorescent blue paint, then try using bright amber bulbs. Yellow light with reflective blue might yield just the brightness and color green you are searching for. Of course, if it is close to what you want now, I would consider picking up a new faceplate off ebay so you could at least return to here easily enough.

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
I used floresent green paint. and it didn't reflect much.
i used green chrome paint on white but it needs a silver chrome base coat
so i added more clear bulbs.

it's just as bright as the ornge was but now so i'm happy with it. it's just not bright enough to take a pic.

cjgable

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cjgableSend a Private Message to cjgableDirect Link to This Post
I tried the same as you did basically, painting over all the orange with fluorescent blue, but white first. So you eventually tried the chrome green? I would like to try again, with green to match the stereo in there now. I now have backlit gauges though. Anyone done this with backlit? Should be a bit brighter, you think?

Buddy, you thought about pulling the air conditioner faceplate off (it just sticks on) and doing it to match? I had planned to do that also if the blue had worked for me. I already pulled the plastic and was gonna scan it and reproduce it with another color scheme. I think it would look sweet. I put the plastic back on when I wasn't satisfied with the original plan.

Chris

------------------
'87 2.8v6 5spd

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Go ahead and try to post the pic's and WE can judge how it look's...

------------------

Steve....
SmoothGT......
Custom Built W I D E B O D Y ~ GT!!

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
my camera doesn't see anything at all, it goes to infard mode so everything is green.

i added 3 bulbs and 2 bright LEDs, i can show you where i put those. i started makeing a diagram i just need to finish it.

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2004 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Buddy..

What about the Oil/Volt gauges..??
Where do I paint on those..?? Buddy..?? Anyone that has done this can help..??
I got the chrome paint and some Neon Blue...

Steve

ps. I am off the rest of the week, so I would like to get this done while I can...

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2004 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i'll see what i can do tomorrow night.
i'm suppose to be finishing up a tranny swap in a honda tomorrow
so we'll see how it goes.
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2004 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
tttt
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2004 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

NotAFieroAnyLonger

4413 posts
Member since Dec 2003
Hey Buddy....

What did you do about the HVAC Control's..??
I have mine torn COMPLETELY apart and don't see how I could change the color on it..??

How did you do your's..??
I assume you did your's aswell, I don't see you ldoing the dash, etc. and NOT doing the HVAC....

Steve

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2004 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i haven't done the hvac or the trunk release yet.
that's going to be a project too.

i may not find the time to remove and take apart my gauges tonight. i really kinda do need to finish up that tranny.

but keep reminding me.

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay