Started on: 12-24-2003 06:00 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: LS1swap on 01-04-2004 05:26 PM
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2003 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
How is it possible to open them without breaking anything? Can a locksmith make a key to work?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2003 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Totally easy to get off without a key.

there are a couple ways you can do this.

the first one is to get someone you know or a forum member to send you a copy of their T-Top lock key. Then, insert the key into your own T-Top lock, and shake rattle and roll, untill it unlocks. Sounds a bit medival, but it works. The T-Top locks are not very high quality, and nearly all T-Top keys will work when used like this.

the second way it a little more dangerous, but if done with care will work without damage. the 1/4 inch long pin that protrudes from the lock to keep the top from opening is visible through the cracks around the handle. What you can do is lodge a small screw driver in the area around the handle and "Gently" pry the crome lock bar up and over the lock pin.

I have used both of these methods with success. the first is my prefered way since it is less invassive.

If you need a key, i can get you one to use method # 1 on.

Good luck

------------------
-Monkey

LS1swap

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2003 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post
Huh.... Fiero monkey is right. I just tried the key from a spare set of t-top locks I bought off of ebay, and they worked old my ones on the car. If you like I could see if I can get a copy made and mail one to you.

------------------
LS1 v8 T-Top 87 GT

http://www.acxunlimited.com/ls1swap.htm

cadaver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2003 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadaverSend a Private Message to cadaverDirect Link to This Post
And once you get them open you can order a set of new locks and keys from me. Just a thought.
SCCA FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2003 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info Monkey and LS1.

LS1 or Monkey, I'll take you up on that offer. If it's not too much trouble.

Tom, you'll hear from me soon.

[This message has been edited by SCCA FIERO (edited 12-25-2003).]

LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2003 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post
sure I will try and get a copy made tomorrow
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2003 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I have found that the keys used on the locking rear glass on many aftermarket fiberglass truck toppers will work, too.
Panama Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2003 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Panama JackSend a Private Message to Panama JackDirect Link to This Post
I took mine to a locksmith and he had it open in about 2 minutes. Then made 2 keys for it (total cost - $8)
LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2003 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post
I just had a key made up at ace. shoot me a pm with your address, and I will try and get it in the mail today
SCCA FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2003 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
Cool! You got a PM and a big fat +.
SCCA FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post

I got them unlocked! Thanks to LS1 Swap!
PFF
System Bot
LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post
You are welcome..... Glad I could help. I guess I am one closer to making my bar show the question is what color will it be LOL

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock