Started on: 08-04-2003 10:44 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Graudefas on 08-04-2003 01:58 PM
watts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post
Ok, there's been many a heated debate (ok, a few conversations.. whatever ) over the weight difference between the two bodies.

Some people are saying (I hope they were kidding!) that the fastbacks weigh like 100+lbs more. Well, here's the raw data.

Notch F/B
Clip: 31.5 35.0
Lid: 30.0 31.0
Lights: 2.0 10.5

13lbs heavier. Whoopdeedoo.

Oh, all these numbers were measured by me on my "certified digital bathroom scale ", and were each taken 3 times & were added to my body weight for accuracy.

The lights threw me for a loop the most!

------------------
87/88 V6 5spd Notchback Hybrid (coming very soon - Fastback conversion into a "FormulaGT")

My page: http://www.fieroclub.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
The published number say about 100 pounds total. My fiero book says an 85 gt = 2572 to a 2696 for an 86 gt. I use the 85 gt because the wieght reflects the fact that there has to be a V6 in there. with the se wieghts I am not sure. BTW the real question is, how did you get a rear clip on a bathroom scale?
virii01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for virii01Send a Private Message to virii01Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RacinRob:

The published number say about 100 pounds total. My fiero book says an 85 gt = 2572 to a 2696 for an 86 gt. I use the 85 gt because the wieght reflects the fact that there has to be a V6 in there. with the se wieghts I am not sure. BTW the real question is, how did you get a rear clip on a bathroom scale?

Are there any other things to consider though, like the 85 GT had 14" wheels while the 86 GT had 15"s correct?

watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RacinRob:
BTW the real question is, how did you get a rear clip on a bathroom scale?

If you talk to them REAL nice they'll stand still long enough to do it

Notice that I said it was added to my body weight for accuracy -- I weighed myself, stepped off, then stepped back on while holding it. I also did each operation 3 times to check for variances (so 6 weighings for each item). Yes, I had some free time to kill.

stuartlowery

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
User Banned

Report this Post08-04-2003 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stuartloweryClick Here to visit stuartlowery's HomePageSend a Private Message to stuartloweryDirect Link to This Post
The lights threw you cause you forgot to deduct for the swet dripping from youand the bathroom break.
Graudefas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraudefasSend a Private Message to GraudefasDirect Link to This Post
Comical picture that; you hopping on and off the scale with a plastic fastback tutu...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock