Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  I'm not toot'n my horn but, make it stop!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

I'm not toot'n my horn but, make it stop! by madcurl
Started on: 08-26-2003 08:06 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: 87V6GT on 08-27-2003 07:37 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2003 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Okay I've done my homework for the location of the horn and relay switch. My problems started after I hit a bump(s) in the road(darn Interstate hwy) and the horn was just blowing away. I pulled the fuse for the radio and it stopped. I later reconnected the fuse and the horn wouldn't work. later at home I disconected the horns and notice that they smelled burnt. I took-off the horns and connected them to a battery charger and seem to be working okay, despite the smell. My guess? the fuse box or maybe the after market horn button? I never had this problem before or after the new steering wheel and there are no loose wires hanging around either. What are your thoughts guys/girls? The relay #25523702 (white)w/three prongs is what the picture show in archives post 4/22/02.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2003 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Not sure what the problem is but I loved your title for the thread.

free bump

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
History of Skitimes Car UPDATED 8-11-03

Dangerkitty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2003 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DangerkittySend a Private Message to DangerkittyDirect Link to This Post
Here is a bump because I like the title of the post.
Double check the horn button.

------------------
Dangerkitty "on the prowl"
Maroon 87 GT automatic, loaded, now with "sparkle wheels"

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2003 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
problems in aftermarket steering wheels are very common. A bad/weak aftermarket button wouldn't surprise me at all.

A bump is unlikely to make the relay close even if it is bad. If there is something loose inside the relay would be the only way that could do it.

The only other posibility I can think of is a screw or something got loose inside the top of the column itself.

------------------
No good ever came from dark and spooky. Norville "Shaggy" Rogers

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2003 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hey, thanks for your quick respones. I will check out the horn assembly. And I better hurry, the car has so far caused nearly 4 or 5 near misses by rubber-necker(s)running into other rubber-necker(s) while tring to look...I blame that on V8Archie..darn choptop! Ha, ha.
curl

------------------

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post08-27-2003 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
If you are using a after market steering and adapterthe live wire that connects to the horn button is touching a ground some where,take the button out and see if it stops it should if it don't the horn relay wiper is frozen shut which is very rare hope this helps.

------------------
Tuners of the Quickest 4.9
12.51@118 mph

87V6GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2003 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87V6GTClick Here to visit 87V6GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87V6GTDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like it is the after market assembly, but I would change the relay. We had one that stoped working,and the relay was bent closed. I took the relay apart and bent it so it would work. I guess it bunt out the hone some how.Then we went out and got a new hone. Alls ok now.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock