Custom aluminum V-6 plenum (pics) by sluppy123
Started on: 08-16-2003 10:34 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: Mac on 08-20-2003 08:22 AM
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2003 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post

I haven't done any performance testing yet, but it should flow a ton more air than the stock plenum. I'll post #'s when I have a chance to test it.

------------------
-Brian, Toolmaker
Lincoln, NE
Silver 87' GT- Turbo Charged/intercooled, Modified 2.8- 235 HP w/ 8 psi Boost, 11.25" brakes.
Maroon 87' GT- 355 TPI V8, 5-speed

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Parde_GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2003 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Parde_GTSend a Private Message to Parde_GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey Brian - I'm in Lincoln too and I would love to see your cars - especially the 355 tpi set-up. I was buying parts for a GMZZ4 and tpi but we are buying a house at the moment so I holding off a little. Send me a pm. Thanks.

Also - nice looking plenum.

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2003 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Parde_GT, you should drive up to Gretna next weekend (Aug.24th) for the big Pontiac show at the Nebraska Crossing Outlet Mall. Brian and I, along with a BUNCH of other Fieros and their owners, will be there. You can find more info here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/031936.html

I'm from Fremont, by the way...

------------------

Mike...86 GT 4 Speed
"Sucks to be me..."

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2003 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

litespd

8128 posts
Member since Aug 99
Got so busy typing about the show, I forgot to comment on the intake, Brian...looks great! Have you done any "seat of the pants" testing with it yet? I like the engraving...it really turned out nice. Looking forward to seeing it, and talking to you, at Gretna next weekend.
gtsonly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtsonlySend a Private Message to gtsonlyDirect Link to This Post
Sweet looking. Nice job!!

------------------

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Wow, That is impressive!
Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cooter:

Wow, That is impressive!

Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post

Phil86SE

1476 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by Cooter:

Wow, That is impressive!

Impressive?!?
thats f*cking awsome!

great job!

-Phil

------------------

86 SE V6 under constuction
Rate me if i am of assitance please, thank you...

HYPTNOTiSE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2003 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HYPTNOTiSEClick Here to visit HYPTNOTiSE's HomePageSend a Private Message to HYPTNOTiSEDirect Link to This Post
How much boost did you lose after putting that on? That should give an idea of performance increase/decrease. Or a before and after of intake temps from one plenum to the other would have told a good story too

------------------
Mike LeCompte
86 Fiero GT 3.2L w/ Nitrous

SAVE THE SHAUN

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Man that looks really cool Brian! You do some great work man.

-Amir

------------------

Maroon 1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
Ferrari Red 1988 Formula 5 spd: 3800 Series II Supercharged In Progress.....

My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Maaaan!
That looks great!
I've been thinking about something similar, but for a N/A 3.4, with a bit larger TB. Is that a stock TB? Would you care to share construction techniques?

------------------
Raydar

88 3.4 coupe. 17s, cut springs 'n all.

PFF
System Bot
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post
I havent had a chance to even start the car yet, let alone drive it. I've been busy with other things. I don't plan on loosing any boost just by bolting on the intake, Lag my be a bit bigger due to the increased volume. My turbo will have no problem making more boost if I need it. Off idle power should be increased due to the increased volume, most important is that it looks better than the stock plenum!!
Parde_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Parde_GTSend a Private Message to Parde_GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info litespd! I'll make it a point to try to be there.
87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!

------------------
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HYPTNOTiSE:
How much boost did you lose after putting that on? ...

Originally posted by sluppy123:

... I don't plan on loosing any boost just by bolting on the intake....

what he means is when a intake flows better, your boost goes down.

OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post
Any chance to get a detailed write up on how you made that including I/D volume as well as any photos of the Plenum off the car?
Looks like you just made a new upper portion of the plenium, am I right? If so what other modifications did you do to the middle and lower, just old fashioned porting?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Did you modify the middle and lower intakes? That plenum can't flow more than the weakest link downstream. But it should help hi rpms a lot, since you've effectively shortened the runner length. Looks really good.

If you've ported out the lower manifolds, it should really scream!

virii01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for virii01Send a Private Message to virii01Direct Link to This Post
Hey guys I just moved to Lincoln saturday, hopefully I'll see you at the show this weekend at Gretna.
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
It seems that you'll have a noticeable increase in lag with that new airbox. I'm curious to see how it effects power though, I'd love to see a before and after dyno run!

Hey, if nothing else, it looks cool for the shows.

Bryce
88 GT

1985FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Try 2 throttle bodies, and turn up the boost pressure if possible.
Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2003 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
It does look cool.

I would be curious to see the inside of it or a design drawing.

Slumpy, did you actually dyno 235hp or is that an estimate?

PFF
System Bot
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Howard_Sacks:

Slumpy, did you actually dyno 235hp or is that an estimate?

The name is Sluppy not slumpy!! And yes on 8lbs boost before the intercooler and the 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, I used a G-tech Pro and got 235hp at the rear wheels. I've gotten as high as 245 with the intercooler.

The inside is open with bell-mouthed opening leading into the ported intermediate intake.

I did start the car and drive it, no noticeable increase in lag. Off idle power felt way better, pulled harder in the upper rpm's. Numbers will tell the story.

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
so when are we going to see the first production models?

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

Mac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MacClick Here to visit Mac's HomePageSend a Private Message to MacDirect Link to This Post

Looks awesome Sluppy!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock