Calling 4.9ppl, 4.9 Questions by Psychosis39
Started on: 06-29-2003 03:14 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Dragon1 on 07-19-2003 01:30 PM
Psychosis39

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2003 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Psychosis39Send a Private Message to Psychosis39Direct Link to This Post
I have a 4.9 out of a 1992 Seville STS, I notice my exhuast manifolds are different then the ones used in your swaps. Once I get the 4.9L in the car and everything; would I be able to take that car to the exhuast shop and have them bend me a custom exhuast? Would it fit with the seville manifolds??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
scrabblegod

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2003 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrabblegodSend a Private Message to scrabblegodDirect Link to This Post
The Seville manifolds use a y pipe under the motor instead of the crossover that you are seeing on the other 4.9's.
With the manifolds you have, it is possible to do a true dual exhaust or use a muffler with dual inlets. It will be tighter than the crossover route, but I personaly think it will flow better and free up a little more power.

I just purchased a set like you have for just that reason.

Gene

87 4.9 5spd in the works (mine)
87 SE 3.4 DOHC auto coming soon (the wifes)

PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2003 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
I have the deville crossover and I know Rockcrawl has done both types. Here is a link to his site with pics of both.
http://www.fieroaddiction.com/caddy49f.html

------------------

Elenor84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2003 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Elenor84Click Here to visit Elenor84's HomePageSend a Private Message to Elenor84Direct Link to This Post
Ok this could be really really good. PBJ are you telling me that the 94 deville crossover pipe will fit nicely in the fiero cradle? If so I will go back to the scrapyard and get it. Is that what this picture is of?

Thx!

Dragon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2003 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Direct Link to This Post
that picture is of the Seville exhaust manifolds on Rockcrawls newest motor with custom piping. Seville exhaust goes under the motor.
Deville exhaust manifolds have a connection pipe or crossover pipe that goes over the transmission on the drivers side of the car and the exhaust exits at the middle of the rear manifold.

Dragon1/Brian

Dragon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2003 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Direct Link to This Post

Dragon1

888 posts
Member since Sep 2002
this is Rockcrawls Deville exhaust setup, notice the hook up flange is in the middle of the system and would hook up to the rear manifold. You also need to cut off the trunk bottom to run this system.
Psychosis39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2003 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Psychosis39Send a Private Message to Psychosis39Direct Link to This Post
My rear manifold looks almost like the front but it juts out to the right and faces a tiny bit down. It looks nothing like rockcrawl's rear manifold.
Dragon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2003 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Direct Link to This Post
If I remember right Rockcrawl may have used two rear manifolds or two front manifolds.You'd have to find the post where he introduces his new motor.
Anyway here are pictures of the Deville manifolds and crossover pipe.
I myself an going to use the Deville manifolds with the crossover, cut off the trunk bottom and run something like in this first picture

Here is the Deville setup,exhaust above mounts to this setup.

Dragon1/Brian

[This message has been edited by Dragon1 (edited 07-19-2003).]

Dragon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2003 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Direct Link to This Post

Dragon1

888 posts
Member since Sep 2002
If I remember right Rockcrawl may have used two rear manifolds or two front manifolds.You'd have to find the post where he introduces his new motor.
Anyway here are oictures of the Deville manifolds and crossover pipe.
I myself an going to usw the Deville manifolds with the crossover, cut off the trunk bottom and run something like in the fisrt picture

Here is the Deville setup,exhaust above mounts to this setup.

Psychosis39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2003 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Psychosis39Send a Private Message to Psychosis39Direct Link to This Post
Hmmmm this kind of leaves me at a stalemate. I am hoping to use elenor's engine as a model since the manifolds are the same, btw I am cutting out the trunk so I might need to cut out more then just the bottom. you guys are great at answering my questions.

Thank you
Jim

Dragon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2003 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Direct Link to This Post
Rockcrawl and PBJ suggest when you cut the bottom of the trunk away to leave the rear trunk pannel to protect the tailights, wiring from the heat generated by the cat and muffler.
I used a 4" right angle grinder to cut thru the trunk metal, tok about 45 minutes.

Dragon1/Brian

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock