Floor Pan Cover Plate by avlonfrg
Started on: 06-06-2003 09:23 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: ct on 06-08-2003 05:51 PM
avlonfrg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2003 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avlonfrgSend a Private Message to avlonfrgDirect Link to This Post
On my 88GT, there is a plate covering an opening in the floor pan to the rear of both seats. One of mine has rusted and virtually disintegrated, as if it never had the galvanized plating evident on the other plate.

The Fiero Parts Manual does not show this as being a separate part. I can make something that will adequately cover the opening, but would rather have the correct part. Does anyone have a plate I could purchase?
--
John White
88GT Baltimore

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2003 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Are you talking about the drain hole covers? Couple of inches across. Sorta rounded corners?

------------------

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2003 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
I cut and bent my own plugs outta sheet metal... just trace the general shape out and leave some lenngth for the tabs, bend the tabs and seal with silicone.
Songman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2003 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I think these should be the same between model years. Any U-Pull yard should sell them to you for a quarter a piece or something
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2003 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
They are available new from GM. I ordered a complete set a couple years ago, and am fairly certain they are still available. I'll look for part numbers for you, and post if I can find them....
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2003 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post

Fformula88

7891 posts
Member since Mar 2000
A HA! I found my old thread. Here is the details:

The plugs under the floorpans are two sizes... small and large ones.

The part numbers are as follows (from GM)

Large Plug Part # 1021-5806
Small Plug Part # 2057 9955

I even have some pics of the new plugs... they came with the rubber "gaskets" on them, and just snap into the floorpan. I only had one that was starting to get rusty, so I only replaced one so far. Figure I will only replace them as needed, but bought a complete set to have on hand. I think for the six of them it was $20 or $25 with tax. Not all that expensive.

Also, no guarantees they are still available, but its worth a shot.

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 06-06-2003).]

ct

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ctSend a Private Message to ctDirect Link to This Post
I ran the numbers Fformula88 posted through GMPartsDirect.com, and both are listed as available:

GM PART # 10215806
PACK QTY: 1
GM LIST: $4.91
OUR PRICE: $2.80
DESCRIPTION: COVER ASM

GM PART # 20579955
PACK QTY: 1
GM LIST: $4.31
OUR PRICE: $2.54
DESCRIPTION: COVER

All times are ET (US)