Started on: 12-10-2002 07:36 PM
Replies: 85
Last post by: stevenrossi on 06-28-2003 07:03 PM
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2003 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
I just got done doing one of these on Brian's V8 84 Fiero using a toyota MR2's electronic power steering pump because we didn't have room for the mechanical one on his V8 engine.

I must say that his car needed power steering. Probably because his front tires are so big. I just got new dunlops for my 87 and steering is very easy, compared to what it used to be.

I put the electric p/s pump on a relay so it would only turn on when the car was in gear, and the transmission was in rev, 1st, or 2nd. I even added a provision so if he choosed, he could have the pump stay on in 3rd as well. This way, the p/s pump is not running when you are going down the road at considerable speed.

In the future, we plan to figure out how we can get the toyota steering wheel position sensor and control module to work so we will have full speed sensitve and feedback steering enabled as it was intended to be on the 89 Fiero, if it would have come out.

------------------
Fiero-related Conversions Performed:

1985 SE 3800 Series 1 SC 4T60-E
1987 Coupe 3800 Series II 4T60-E
1987 SE 3.4 TDC 5-speed
1984 Coupe SBC V8 non-OD to 4T60 OD swap
1985 Coupe 3800 Series II Supercharged (under construction)

http://dtcc.cz28.com

IP: Logged
wilson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2003 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wilsonClick Here to visit wilson's HomePageSend a Private Message to wilsonDirect Link to This Post
Any news on this? From the thread it seems bwayne and Darth Fiero installed a merkur rack with an MR-2 pump.
But what about the people, RBeaubien and tesmith66, who were going to try Chevette racks? Does the Chevette rack require less modification?

I took a look at my Corvette C5 rack and i dont think it's a good fit. It's 5 or 6 inches longer and mounts with tabs from below. In other words, it's mounted above the cross member.

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2003 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Could you post pics of that? I have not had time to do anything with mine. I haven't even finished the V8 swap yet.

------------------

wilson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2003 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wilsonClick Here to visit wilson's HomePageSend a Private Message to wilsonDirect Link to This Post
C5 pics, from below since you cant see anything from above.

Passenger side:

Driver side:

Looking forward thru wheel well at pinion:

[This message has been edited by wilson (edited 04-16-2003).]

[This message has been edited by wilson (edited 04-16-2003).]

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2003 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
^^^
stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2003 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiDirect Link to This Post
Brian (bwayne) ...you've got a PM!

Steven Rossi

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay