Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Back-Up Lights Where The Reflectors Are!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Back-Up Lights Where The Reflectors Are! by Quickster
Started on: 05-08-2003 12:25 AM
Replies: 22
Last post by: Jefrysuko on 05-12-2003 10:40 PM
Quickster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2003 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QuicksterSend a Private Message to QuicksterDirect Link to This Post
Lots of y'all have put "Back-Up-Lights" where the reflectors are in GT's. What kind or brand did you use?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
seadog

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2003 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seadogSend a Private Message to seadogDirect Link to This Post
Pilot model PL250 55 watt halogen back up lights, Discount Auto stores has them.
fierogsmith

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2003 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogsmithSend a Private Message to fierogsmithDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seadog:

Pilot model PL250 55 watt halogen back up lights, Discount Auto stores has them.

There's a new part number for the Pilot Brand Lights. Old part # PL-250 ,
New Part # NV-803. They are called Pilot Navigator Lights .

Hope this helps .

Galen Smith
Red '85 Sport Coupe
Founder of Suncoast Fiero Club
Florida Fiero Council

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2003 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
any pic's?

------------------
Rich
white 86 se, 2" drop, coil overs, KYB's. CRX intake, ported manifolds

Quickster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2003 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuicksterSend a Private Message to QuicksterDirect Link to This Post
Thank Yew!
fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2003 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post
I installed them on my old 86 GT, and they help quite a bit. I was going to spray the lenses with some Nite Shades, but never got around to it. If you want the installation to go a lot easier, remove the rear bumper cover. I didn't, and ended up feeding the wiring with a coat hanger. It was quite a pain, but they turned out good.
Quickster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2003 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QuicksterSend a Private Message to QuicksterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fropuff:

I installed them on my old 86 GT, and they help quite a bit. I was going to spray the lenses with some Nite Shades, but never got around to it. If you want the installation to go a lot easier, remove the rear bumper cover. I didn't, and ended up feeding the wiring with a coat hanger. It was quite a pain, but they turned out good.

That's a nice story,.......but dosen't give me an answer to my QUESTION!

fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2003 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post

I used the Pilot Navigator NV-803. Actually, I got to buy them twice when I dropped one of the lenses. I think they were $35 for a set. Any other questions?

Comealongway

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2003 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ComealongwaySend a Private Message to ComealongwayDirect Link to This Post
Yah i got one more question does anyone know if those lights are availalbe i canada if not where could i get them.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2003 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2003 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
You do realize that with no reflectors on the back some idiot is liable to run into the rear if its parked at nite.........
PFF
System Bot
Comealongway

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2003 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ComealongwaySend a Private Message to ComealongwayDirect Link to This Post
MinnGreenGT that address you posted is great but they don't ship to canada, Man why do you guys get everything.

Does anyone no where i could get them shipped to canada from.

[This message has been edited by Comealongway (edited 05-09-2003).]

fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2003 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm/partfamilyid/29/CategoryID/26/SubCategoryID/114

They would get quite spendy after all the extra charges, however. I got mine at a customizing shop that installs window tint, etc.

Tweek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2003 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweekSend a Private Message to TweekDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

You do realize that with no reflectors on the back some idiot is liable to run into the rear if its parked at nite.........

Perhaps the solution would be to find a good place to apply some reflective red vinyl. Not sure where... but with some creative thinking I'm sure someone could come up with a good spot.

Rob Ernst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2003 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rob ErnstClick Here to visit Rob Ernst's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rob ErnstDirect Link to This Post
I've seen RUSTANGS with reflective

R U S T A N G

in the rear bumper cover. Maybe OLE442 (I think that's his AIM Screen Name) can do something like that for you.

I'm trying to figure out a way to adapt these to the front some place to have subtler driving lights....

Rob

seadog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2003 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seadogSend a Private Message to seadogDirect Link to This Post
Galen, Ive seen a number of the #250s on the shelves around here, saw a couple of sets this morning in the Brandon store. Hey when are you gonna get with us again? Wed pm? drop me a line
cheers Richard
fierogsmith

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2003 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogsmithSend a Private Message to fierogsmithDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seadog:

Galen, Ive seen a number of the #250s on the shelves around here, saw a couple of sets this morning in the Brandon store. Hey when are you gonna get with us again? Wed pm? drop me a line
cheers Richard

Hey Rich , Plan on makeing the meeting on Wednesday . I'll see if Gary wants to ride shot gun in my little red coupe.

Galen

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2003 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
I've considered putting these lights in the reflector section of the bumper cover, but I don't like the lack of reflectors on a black vehicle! I think the best solution would be finding a license plate frame with reflector material built into it. What do you guys think?

Bryce
88 GT

Quickster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2003 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuicksterSend a Private Message to QuicksterDirect Link to This Post
How about the built-in reflectors of Corvette Tail Lights in a Newly Produced GT, 1- Piece Ferrari Tail light Body Panel?
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2003 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
I just did this myself. Used the NV 803 lights that other people have suggested. They are a very close fit, and were easy to wire up. Brighter than the stock reverse lights.
Still trying to figure out where to put some kind of reflector(s) though.

------------------

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2003 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nashco:

I think the best solution would be finding a license plate frame with reflector material built into it. What do you guys think?

Bryce
88 GT

I have these lights also and have yet to put them in due to a lack of reflector. I think it is necessary to have reflectors on both sides of the car not just in the middle. I was originally thinking about getting a reflective sticker for the embosed word PONTIAC on the rear bumper but that would not give an indication of how wide the car is. I now plan on putting some reflective material inside the lens of the back up lights or taillights. I havn't decided which yet.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2003 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Might be a stupid question, but aren't the taillights reflective?? It's been waay too long since my Fiero was on the road, so I don't even remember what it looks like at night... But are they not reflective in the rear with the light lenses? I'm *most likely* going to do Corvette lights anyway, which hopefully will be reflective enough, and I can put these lights in the reflector pockets, as the 'Vette lights I bought don't have backups. Ideas??

------------------
Bob Williams
Multi-colored '87 Mutt, a work in progress! (Got my 3800SC, installation in progress. It now starts and runs!!!)

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2003 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riceburner98:Might be a stupid question, but aren't the taillights reflective??

Nope, the stock taillights have no reflective properties at all. This holds true for both the coupe and GT style taillights.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock