1.6 Rocker Arms Questions? by 4mulaFire
Started on: 05-02-2003 03:39 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 05-05-2003 01:44 AM
4mulaFire

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2003 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4mulaFireSend a Private Message to 4mulaFireDirect Link to This Post
Well I read somewhere that you can use them. What kind do I need? Does someone sell a kit of 6 for the V6 engines, or do I have to buy a V8 kit? What size are the Fiero studs? Any particular brands/types I should get/look into? What kind of gains can I expect from these?

------------------
Original Blue 87GT 5spd.
125,000 Miles, Stock 2.8L

Centerforce Dual Friction, H4 Blue headlights, Cleared Taillights, Mr. Mikes Leather, MoMo Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel, Lowered 1.5", Konig Verdict 17" Rims, Power everything, Speed Hut Gauges, Short Shifter. More Comming weekly!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2003 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Comp Cams 1.6 ratio roller tip rockers PN# 1414-12 www.compcams.com

------------------

fierosound - 1987 GT - World of Wheels Winner
& Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner (click me)

ED's85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2003 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED's85GTSend a Private Message to ED's85GTDirect Link to This Post
I used regular 1.6 for a sbc. I had bought the kit for a 350 v-8 from summitt used them very little on the 350 then pulled them out when the 350 was rebuilt. I wound up putting them in my 2.8 but my mistake was that i followed the book when tightening them down, about a 1000 miles later one or more of my lifters collapsed.
(the book tells you to tighten them too much)

Ed

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2003 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
I put them on my last GT. I'd say don't waste your money unless you plan on doing alot of other mods. I noticed almost NO improvement in power with the 1.6 rockers alone.

Phil

------------------
87 FIERO GT 2.8 5spd
0-60 in 6.8 seconds!

OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2003 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTDude:

I put them on my last GT. I'd say don't waste your money unless you plan on doing alot of other mods. I noticed almost NO improvement in power with the 1.6 rockers alone.

Phil

GTDude is right, unless you do more like port you exhust, or some other mods that will help your engine breathe a little better, you will not notice the difference much. But on the pluse side you will be reduceing the friction by about 15% I want to say, cannot remember if that is the correct reduction rate, but none the less that reduced friction will keep your engine happy, I feel it makes for a more smoother reving engine in MHO.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2003 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
I recently had my 2.8 heads cleaned, surfaced, valve job and SBC valve springs added as well as 1.6 Crane gold race full roller rockers installed with the 10mm to 3/8ths adapter studs. They worked great! I felt noticable power in the top end and the car picked up some extra RPM on the top. I also made a custom set of "tall" fiero valve covers to clear the added height of the roller rockers. Money well spent! Too bad I am in the process of installing a 4.9 into my car now. I spent about $800 total and only used the heads for 2 weeks before I started my swap.

Steven

------------------
88 Fiero coupe 2.5 5 speed, Custom IHI RHB6 turbo equipped, gutted and track abused
88 Coupe Project "F-88" has begun....Classified TOP SECRET **your gonna love this**
88 Fiero Coupe 2.5/auto Not sure what I am going to do to this one!
87 Fiero GT 14.9/ 89mph **4.9 PFI swap in progress**
87 Fiero Coupe 91k miles
86 Fiero SE
88 Mazda RX-7 'vert SBC v8 383/T-5
Always have engines, fiero parts and accessories for sale. Custom engine swaps and chassis modifications are available.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock