2.5L s10 block A isuzu 5speed trans? by MODIFIE
Started on: 04-11-2003 06:57 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: The_Stickman on 04-15-2003 06:12 PM
MODIFIE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2003 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MODIFIEClick Here to visit MODIFIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to MODIFIEDirect Link to This Post
Ok I know most of use have read to use the s10 block because its post to be stronger but will it bolt to the fiero isuzu trans it being fwd and the s10 rwd?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2003 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
I am 99% sure they are the same other then the starter holes need to be moved just like the Cammaro 3.4
Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2003 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
That is what I was told, just drill for the starter bolts, but always check things out before you put money down.

Ira

MODIFIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2003 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MODIFIEClick Here to visit MODIFIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to MODIFIEDirect Link to This Post
bump
Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2003 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
All of the information I could find is at my website (see the sig below).

Ira

------------------
The Iron Duke Resource Site

Ira Crummey
1985 coupe

The_Stickman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2003 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_StickmanClick Here to visit The_Stickman's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_StickmanDirect Link to This Post
Check the block out first. For one not all S-10 blcks have provisions for the side mount waterpump. I have never seen one. I have also heard that early blocks had SBC bolt patterns. Just be sure to check everything.

------------------
The Stickman

http://members.tripod.com/~TheStickman/SnTsFieros.html

flyingmike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flyingmikeSend a Private Message to flyingmikeDirect Link to This Post
Never seen an S10 block with side mount water pump either, but why would that really matter. The coolant just needs to get there, it really doesn't care how.
I'm considering the S10 block also, and have heard the only modification to consider is starter mounting, as mentioned previously.
Thanks,
Mike
flyingmike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flyingmikeSend a Private Message to flyingmikeDirect Link to This Post

flyingmike

9 posts
Member since Apr 2003
While we're on the subject of S10's, anyone ever consider a 4.3 V6 swap? Great motor!
I've got a S10 blazer with this engine in it, and it goes forever, and runs like a "scalded Dog"!
Gonna' make a few measurements tomorrow and ponder on it some.
COOL!
Sometimes I amaze myself!!
Mike
MODIFIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MODIFIEClick Here to visit MODIFIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to MODIFIEDirect Link to This Post
I am going to the junkyard to day I will let you know. I also thanking the motor monts want work ether
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by flyingmike:

While we're on the subject of S10's, anyone ever consider a 4.3 V6 swap? Great motor!
I've got a S10 blazer with this engine in it, and it goes forever, and runs like a "scalded Dog"!
Gonna' make a few measurements tomorrow and ponder on it some.
COOL!
Sometimes I amaze myself!!
Mike

That was first swap I considered. I believe you will find that it's same as doing the chevy small block v-8 swap with a pair of cylinders lopped off. I'd think it would center the engine a little nicer and have better clearances for water pump and maybe a blower drive when using a v-8 Archie kit. I seem to recall he's done or sold a few kits for just that.

I think a 4.3 with a small blower on it would rock in a fiero.

flyingmike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyingmikeSend a Private Message to flyingmikeDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, BLOWER attached!
This motor ought to take alot of boost. Wonder if motor mounts would be that big of a deal. Tranny hook-up probably wouldn't be too bad! Seen alot of V8 S10 pick-ups out there. Sorry for getting on a tangent Modifie.
Maybe a new thread is in order.
Mike
PFF
System Bot
The_Stickman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_StickmanClick Here to visit The_Stickman's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_StickmanDirect Link to This Post
Can't use a front mount waterpump. Not enough room. Besides in the Pontiac Performance Plus magazine they say that you shouldn't use the front mount because you have to grind away some of the #1 cylinder wall to make it fit and this can cause uneven heat distribution ad maybe weakening.

------------------
The Stickman

http://members.tripod.com/~TheStickman/SnTsFieros.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock