TPS on TPI? by sluppy123
Started on: 12-15-2002 12:47 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: exspook on 12-16-2002 03:18 PM
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2002 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post
How do most of you with TPI go about the TPS clearance problems if any? I couldn't use the stock sensor as it wouldn't bolt on without hitting the shock tower. I've noticed archie handles this problem by mounting the Stock sensor higher up and using a rod to connect the sensor to the throttle blades.
I found that a tps from a 4cyl fiero engine will bolt right up to the TPI throttle body. When bolted on the sensor points straight up so the wires plug in from the top.
The only change that needs to be made is the two outside wires in the connector need to be switched. This worked on my 91' TPI unit, it should work on all years.

------------------
-Brian, Toolmaker
Lincoln, NE
Silver 87' GT- Turbo Charged, Modified 2.8- 235 HP w/ 8 psi Boost, 11.25" brakes.
Maroon 87' GT- 5.7 liter TPI, 5-speed

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2002 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
I'm not using Archie's Kit, but same concern exists even if you move the engine to the left. Thought I'd post how they modified mine, to show minor shock tower modification, just to through some ideas on the table. Like your idea of using a sensor off another application, please post if you have any issues with it.

Enlarged your to show more detail:

------------------

Click to Listen!

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 12-15-2002).]

sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2002 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post
Heres a better pic of mine.

So far I've had no problems with it other than having to switch the two wires around.

exspook

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2002 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exspookSend a Private Message to exspookDirect Link to This Post
Sluppy,
THANKS for the great posting... it should be a big help to us TPI folks.
Your tip is what I think makes PFF so great!
Thanks again/Chris

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock