Started on: 11-22-2002 06:44 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Rare87GT on 11-24-2002 03:27 AM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2002 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
I contacted Ryan Falconer about this setup

The intake manifold is one Falconer made. It fits the iron head 2.8/3.1/3.4.
He does have a manifold in stock for $1,500.00. The photo shows what is included for the price.

Anyone interested should contact at Ryan Falconer Industries falconer@falconerengines.com

His website is here http://www.falconerengines.com/
But these V6 intakes aren't listed.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-22-2002).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2002 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
well that should solve the air flow problems....

------------------

85 GT 4 SPD
Accel 8.8mm wires
Accel 300+ Ignition box
Blaster Coil
NGK UR5
K&N
Short Shifter
High flow cat
Monochrome Caracus red
Coulee Region Fieros member
Number 53715 of 76371
Best 1/4 15.816 @ 84.72

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2002 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
are custom throddle cables and the like needed?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2002 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Aura:

are custom throttle cables and the like needed?

You bet. You get ONLY what you see in the lower photo. Linkages, injectors, air cleaners etc.
you have to come up with.

Too bad. If it was complete as in the upper photo, I would seriously consider it.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-23-2002).]

kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2002 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Direct Link to This Post
The first picture in this thread is of the intake in my car. If Ryan is selling the intake for $1,500 you will get a better deal than I did. I paid $2,000 , but mine had injectors in it. I could'nt use the injectors with the factory computer because of the style. What I saw missing in the other picture was the seals and hold downs for the injectors and the linkage between the throttle shafts. The factory computer can run the system but the original Fiero injectors are the biggest you can put in. I had to fabricate a linkage setup, but I used the original throttle and cruise cables. The air cleaners were made for me by a friend who does machine work. The intake definitley makes a difference. The best time I could get, with the factory intake on a 3.4L engine with a 4T40 transaxle, was 16.5 seconds in the 1/4. After installing the intake I went down to a 15.7 sec 1/4 mile and after installing a manual transaxle I am down to a 15.2 sec 1/4 mile, and the intake is not at it's full potential due to the fuel mapping in the factory computer. I will need a programable computer to get it's full potential. Other misc. items that were needed to make the intake operational were a fuel pressure regulator, AN-6 fuel line fittings and lines, linkage arms from Hilborn fuel injection, a fabricated vacum manifold, copper tubing and fittings to plumb the vacum manifold to each intake runner since the intake did not have any vacum source available for the MAP sensor or cruise control. Now that I have changed to a DIS ignition system I had to get a remote IAC housing to get idle control back, because of the way the computer for the DIS system uses Fuel and IAC on cold start. If anyone decides to purchase one of the intakes from Ryan I can help you get the things made to make it operational. Ryan also had a computer that was used for operating that intake, but is not like the newer computers and would probably not make the intake street drivable. The original design of the intake was for racing use.

Kris A. Munson, Sr.

[This message has been edited by kmunson56 (edited 11-23-2002).]

[This message has been edited by kmunson56 (edited 11-23-2002).]

kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2002 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Direct Link to This Post

kmunson56

137 posts
Member since Sep 2000
I forgot I also had to have threads machined near the thermostat opening for the engine temp sensor. The intake had no provision for the sensor. I have several hundred more into making the intake street drivable than what I initially paid for the intake and will have at least $1,000 more when I get a programmable computer for it.

Kris A. Munson, Sr.

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2002 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
For $1500 I hope it solves air flow problems on the 3.4L! It is cool but damn that price is out of a lot of peoples leagues. You can get a new 3800 supercharged for that price. But its a cool idea.

Amir

------------------

1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
(15.57 @ 87mph)
1988 Formula 5 spd: 3.4L
(15.56 @ 84mph)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave