Started on: 10-20-2002 11:16 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: theogre on 10-20-2002 11:21 PM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2002 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the process of detailing my front trunk compartment, and radiator area. I also decided to upgrade the fan at this time as per the earlier suggestions. As my car did not have a fan shroud, I got one from Bob at Kick Hill Parts ( http://www.kickhill.com/fiero.html ) for mounting the new fan.

I used a Proform Fan PN# 67016 http://www.proformparts.com/catalog/fans.html
The new fan/shroud combination really modernizes the look of the area!

FieroV6dude originally posted this idea here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/023819.html

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-20-2002).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Morninglight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2002 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MorninglightClick Here to visit Morninglight's HomePageSend a Private Message to MorninglightDirect Link to This Post
Is it a direct-bolt-on? Does it produce enough CFM compared to the old fan?

Sure looks nice!

------------------

'85 Fiero 2m4

Nederlands Fiero forum

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2002 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Morninglight:
Is it a direct-bolt-on? Does it produce enough CFM compared to the old fan?

I mounted it as per instructions in other Forum. Specs at vendor's website indicate 2100cfm

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2002 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
whats the cfm on the stock fan?

------------------
Nick
AIM: Naskie182010 www.naskie18.com

ED's85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2002 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED's85GTSend a Private Message to ED's85GTDirect Link to This Post
T.T.T.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2002 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ive heard they work better than OEM and dont draw near the current. Keep us posted, thats an upgrade I wouldnt mind doing before next summer. Did you use all the same relays as OEM, or have to modify anything?
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2002 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
The OE control relay for the fan will be fine with that... No need to mess with that at all on the single speed setups.

If you have a 2 speed fan then you'll have a bit more work but that relay won't care either. I don't know if the aftermarket fans will work right if you try to keep the resistor. You may have to wire it as shown for a bad resisitor in my cave. In other words, you may have to lose the resistor.

I know it is a pain... can you please pull the fan back out and get a couple pictures of the other side.

also, I recomend you put large washers on the bolt heads. This will help prevent cracking the shroud long term. Better safe than sorry with this.

how far off the radiator is the frame of the aftermarket fan? If the new fan is too close to the radiator, you end up blocking the rest of the radiator from having any useful airflow. That wouldn't be good.

------------------
11-Sept-01, The day the world as we knew it ended.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock