Started on: 04-16-2002 12:38 AM
Replies: 91
Last post by: FastFieros on 05-19-2002 04:46 AM
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2002 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Humm, page 3... Never got to do that yet...

Well, its 112am here central. I dug out the reciepts from 1997... You dont even want to see 1995 and 96 since most of those parts didnt work very well.

Here is pricing and part numbers. You guys are on your own figuring out what part is what part.

Then we have the fuel system pricing. Run out and get one of these.

Then we have vertex mag specs, and some very bad handwriting of rod numbers....

There is more on the webpage I have started for this project.
http://www.fastfieros.com/2_5

Feel free to have any of them.

Loyde

[This message has been edited by FastFieros (edited 05-09-2002).]

IP: Logged
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2002 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post

FastFieros

2698 posts
Member since Nov 2000
OK, here is some nice OLD reading material.

Haltech released some nice articles about me and others I worked with in the R&D. Pete Lewis was general manager and moved to NV after Austrilia shut down the Texas location. Pete made sure I had plenty of cool electronics.

Anyone remember this A/F ratio device. I still have 2 or 3 of these things.

There are more pages of this info sheet on the website.
http://www.fastfieros.com/2_5

Loyde

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2002 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheTechnician:
Ok I have a question for you fastfieros. what did you do in the way of intake? Cold air or just open and relying on the alcohol to cool things down? ......... Oh ya whoever asked if you don't deck the s-10 block CR will be sitting right around 8.2:1. Providing you have a block that has never been touched and it measures out to the factory blueprint spec.

[This message has been edited by TheTechnician (edited 05-09-2002).]

Excellent. 8.2 sounds pretty good. You say the Holley T/B will not flow enough for the 195hp build up? Its what 60% (I think but could be way wrong) larger than the stock one. So yeah, will flow more air but I am not sure what size the injectors are. What did you use?

------------------
87 Fiero GT 14.9/ 89mph
94 Formula WS6 w/ NOS 12.4 /118mph
87 Conquest TSi
87 Conquest TSi 406 SBC V8!
85.5 Starion ESi

fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2002 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankDirect Link to This Post
I have a hooker header, msd6a, msd gm blaster coil a holley intake and holley TBI and recently installed 1.72:1 Compcams magnum roller tip rockers. I belive the injector is stock holley so should I get a larger injector or leave it alone. If a larger injector is advised, what gain can I expect. alsom would a custom chip help give me more torque and "get up an' go"? The engine internals are all stock.(BTW this is an '84 duke with about 125000 on it)
TIA

------------------
Peace and Happiness
Frank and his fotoflash, an '84 SE
Member NIFE

TheTechnician

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2002 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheTechnicianSend a Private Message to TheTechnicianDirect Link to This Post
I Used the stock TBI but it got treated to a generous amount of time on the uncle's milling machine. I used an injector from a 350 TBI Works alright in closed loop but runs a little rich in open loop flows like crazy though.
fotofrank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2002 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankDirect Link to This Post
Thanks technician. Any one have experiance with the Holley TBI and injector

------------------
Peace and Happiness
Frank and his fotoflash, an '84 SE
Member NIFE

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2002 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Thats very good info to know. Sounds like the 350 TBI injector just may be the thing I need for the turbo duke. I am really starting to wonder just what kind of HP and TQ I am going to make following the 195hp build up then putting the turbo and all onto that engine! Holy rusted metal batman!
Hmm add a DSM or Saab intercooler, and crank up the boost on that 195hp engine!!!! Wooohooo! Has got to be 240hp or so!
Thanks for the info.

Steven

Originally posted by TheTechnician:
I Used the stock TBI but it got treated to a generous amount of time on the uncle's milling machine. I used an injector from a 350 TBI Works alright in closed loop but runs a little rich in open loop flows like crazy though.

------------------
87 Fiero GT 14.9/ 89mph
94 Formula WS6 w/ NOS 12.4 /118mph
87 Conquest TSi
87 Conquest TSi 406 SBC V8!
85.5 Starion ESi

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2002 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
<Bump> for AgentD
AgentD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2002 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AgentDSend a Private Message to AgentDDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the bump
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2002 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Bump for someone who is looking for this.
erikred

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2002 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for erikredSend a Private Message to erikredDirect Link to This Post
Fastfieros, how are the factory high port heads with the revised intake pattern (not SD 801) as far as mild perf.? Do they have any potential? The ports look kind small.

Erik-

PFF
System Bot
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2002 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I was out of town retrieving a Fiero in LA.

The 801 heads did not work very well even under porting. I had to purchase a second set of throttle bodies to use this head. The higher intake ports do promote better flow, there just was not enough material there to port on and weld on.

The head of choice is the cross flow 702.

Loyde

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock