fastback tails in a notchback by jimmybpei
Started on: 08-24-2001 07:34 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: Joe Torma on 08-26-2001 12:42 PM
jimmybpei

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2001 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimmybpeiSend a Private Message to jimmybpeiDirect Link to This Post
I've installed fasbacktails in a notch back
but the only thing i cant get to work is the orange signals. as there are no colored signal lites in the notchback.

should be simple enough but havn't quite figured it out yet.

If you want to see proof of this ask skitime he has pics.

thankx
Jimmy B.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2001 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i like the idea. really i like the idea of putting something like ferrari momo's lights in a coupe. did you have to cut or reshape much? will it take more skill than my knucklehead level?
PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2001 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
I think you will need a different turn signal switch and extra wiring to make the amber lights work separate from the brake lights.

------------------

jimmybpei

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2001 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimmybpeiSend a Private Message to jimmybpeiDirect Link to This Post
This will require extending the rear deck lid
the lock and key as well as making a new mounting setup for the fast back tails.

Once you have done this it is just a matter of hacking and fiberglassing everthing till it fits.

Sounds easy, NOT but looks SWEEEEET.

Skitime has pic if he would through them on so you couls see as i dont have any digital pic of my cars.

thanks for the reply and if anyone has done anotchback to fastback conversion and has gotten the signals to work i would like to know how

Thankx
Jimmy B.

isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2001 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
as far as I know, you will need the wiring for the gt tailend.. you should be able to compare the wiring (wiring diagrams) and perhaps fix up yours by adding a few extra wires.

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2001 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
JimmyB is a very talented and creative young man with cars and trucks. (He built a Chevy S-10 show truck that a rabbit couldn't get under and had reversed hinged doors.) We were lucky enough to meet him in our recent trip through New England and the maritime provinces. We stopped at two junkyards asking for Fiero parts on Prince Edward Island and both places told of this guy with Fieros in Summerside. Well, we tracked him down and were pleasantly rewarded with cool Fieros and a very nice guy. He was kind enough to allow me to take pics of his work. Please realize we visited unannounced so he was working on the car and would be even more awesome with the wheels on. He had cool 17" wheels. Note the great job he did putting inexpensive Grand Am vented brakes on his car, both front and rear. So here are the pics he was referring to. I am sure you will enjoy the clever work too.

Notice his front turn signal blackout covers. Very nice touch.

BTW, JimmyB if you ever get to PA you have a place to stay. How about coming for the Carlisle Fiero show next May.

------------------

• Red 88 GT T-TOP
  • Red 86 GT

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 08-24-2001).]

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2001 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Very nice work. Looks stock. Eventhough we know it isn't. I like it a lot. Good job.

------------------
sqoach@yahoo.com

84 SE (FOR SALE)*sale pending*
85 Coupe (parts car)($50)*sale pending*
86 SC (FOR SALE)
86 SE V6 (new project)

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2001 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Hey Jimmy,

It sounds like you used the notchback wiring harness. If so you will need to do some rewiring. Best way is to get another tail light harness, what you need is single element sockets. You will have to dig into the wires comming out of the C500 body connector. From there you will need to seperate the signals from the stop lights, and wire them accordingly, adding the proper number of sockets to fill the lights. I can look of the diagrams in the helms manual if you need them.

Another option is that I plan on traveling to Kickhill Farms on the weekend of Sept 8-9. i could pick up a Fastback wiring harness if you want plug and play. We will be traveling past your general area.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2001 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jelly 2M8 are we going to get a visit from you next weekend? I need to know what parts you wanted specifically so I could try to get them here in time. Looking forward to your visit. BTW this is another clever Fiero guy way up in Nova Scotia if anyone needs work done he has a service garage which specializes in Fieros. Check this out.

Three of his cars, Left 2M8, Center V6 notchback, Right V6 notchback converted to GT which he let me drive to the show. (Thanks, he let me drive the 2M8 too. WOW!)

The engine of the 2M8

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2001 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i like it. i may have to get brave and/or foolish and try it myself.

saleen wing? any modification there? that might be nice on a gt, or is it the same wing c.m. west posted on a black gt? mustang wings just seem to work well on fieros.

DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2001 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Nice!!! Very Nice

DXR_DAD

PFF
System Bot
jimmybpei

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2001 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimmybpeiSend a Private Message to jimmybpeiDirect Link to This Post
philphine- the wing is off a saleen mustang, i saw the wing in daytona back in 97 on a mustang and got home and started measuring.
perfect size except for the stands they had a bump that had to be sanded off. the wing came directly from saleen in calf.

Jelly2m8- as for the wireing i think i won;t worry about it rite, have another idead in mid that involves 2000 caddy deville led taillites. but thankx anyway. nice v8.

im in the process of v8ing one myself, but only 4.5 caddy. cheap car 86 se 4cly 5 spd
good shape ($200) 89 caddy 4.5 (cheap)

Checked out bubbas site and i guess i need a
some motor mounts from him ??????

Thankx for the comments guys and thanks
ski for posting the car.

Thankx
Jimmy B.

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2001 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
Use the existing notchback light wires as your turn signals. You will need to run a new wire from under the dash to the back and use as your brake lights. There is a flat connector by the steering column. Probe each terminal with a test light or meter and press the brake. I think it is the white one. Tap into that wire and run it back for brakes....or try and find the 3rd brake light wires and tap into that.

I used to wire Countaches and did this a few times.

jimmybpei

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2001 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimmybpeiSend a Private Message to jimmybpeiDirect Link to This Post
thanks Joe

I've had that white wire run for years now but never finished it causae i wasnt quite sure how to proceed and now i know thanks again

jimmy B.

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2001 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
hey skitime, Where is nova Scotia is that guy located and what is the name of his shope ect ect. It is possible that I may wind up moveing back there if things do not pan out here soon.
Thanks,

Randy

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2001 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:
hey skitime, Where is nova Scotia is that guy located and what is the name of his shope ect ect. It is possible that I may wind up moveing back there if things do not pan out here soon.
Thanks,

Randy

His name is Anthony Cook and lives and works in Riverport, Nova Scotia. Click on his information button if you would like to contact him.

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2001 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimmybpei:
I've had that white wire run for years now but never finished it causae i wasnt quite sure how to proceed and now i know thanks again

You know what....I thought about it again...I remember cutting the white wire(I don't remember which side to use, experiment), not just tapping into it. This will stop the turn sigs from lighting up when you hit the brakes.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock