Coolant Temperature Sensor ? by jaguiler
Started on: 04-28-2001 02:59 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: jaguiler on 04-29-2001 04:47 PM
jaguiler

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2001 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaguilerClick Here to visit jaguiler's HomePageSend a Private Message to jaguilerDirect Link to This Post
I am planning to replace mine.... I got the code from the ECm.... I think it is easy to do....but first....where is it? I know it is on the right side, battery side, of the engine..... but which sensor.... I see several there.....

Does anyone have a picture, so I can find mine? I have a V6... at least a very detail description to find it....

thanks

------------------
______
__|aguiler

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaguiler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2001 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaguilerClick Here to visit jaguiler's HomePageSend a Private Message to jaguilerDirect Link to This Post
BTW ...I am sure it is the one for the ECM that is needed ....not the one for the gauge.

thanks agains!!!

------------------
______
__|aguiler

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2001 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
The sensor is by the thermostat housing. Single wire as I recall.
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2001 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
The sensor is by the thermo housing but I believe the one for the ECM is the 2 wire one - the single wire is the fan turn on switch. Both sensors are in the same area.

------------------

SC 3800

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2001 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
I forget where it is on a V6....

The new sensor will need a new connector. Buy the Borg Warner ones and they come with the new connector. Other wise you will need to buy it separate.

The new connector wires MUST be soldered to insure reliable sensor readings. Errors from this sensor will screw up performance and fuel economy.

jaguiler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2001 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaguilerClick Here to visit jaguiler's HomePageSend a Private Message to jaguilerDirect Link to This Post
Actually I looked at a picture of a new one....it looks like a single wire sensor....
I will have to look for it tom.....

Thanks for all the tips!!!

------------------
______
__|aguiler

FieroJoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2001 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJoeSend a Private Message to FieroJoeDirect Link to This Post
What code were you getting? I was getting code 15, but it was only because the connector was loose on the sensor.

------------------
AIM: FieroJoe87
87 Coupe 5spd

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2001 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
The ECM temp sensor is a 2 wire sensor. The fan is 1 wire on V6.
Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2001 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post
I get this code also. My temp gauge works, so where is that sensor in relation to the fan and ECM temp sensor?

Jim

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2001 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Other end of the engine in the head below the dist. 2 wires(gage & light)
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2001 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
on the distributor side, to the right of the ignition coil, right above the stud that connects exhaust manifold to crossover pipe, almost in line with spark plugs.
PFF
System Bot
87GTZ34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2001 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTZ34Send a Private Message to 87GTZ34Direct Link to This Post
There are 4 (yes 4) coolant sensors for the V6.
Gauge/light - located on back corner of the head and has two wires. This is the left rear of the engine as you face the car from the back looking and the engine bay.

Fan sensor - single wire sensor located immediately next to the thermostat/filler housing.

Cold start switch - two wire and has a clip for the connector just like the injectors themselves. This switch is next to the fan switch on the opposite side of the thermostat/filler housing.

ECM sensor - a two wire sensor located in the front of the intake manifold just below the thermostat/filler housing. This sensor is the only one in the front themostat area that is coming out horizontally from the engine.

hope this helps

jaguiler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2001 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaguilerClick Here to visit jaguiler's HomePageSend a Private Message to jaguilerDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all!!

------------------
______
__|aguiler

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock