CONVERTABLE GT? OPEN ROAD GT! by Jay
Started on: 03-28-2001 09:55 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Jay on 03-29-2001 03:50 PM
Jay

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2001 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JayClick Here to visit Jay's HomePageSend a Private Message to JayDirect Link to This Post
I was visiting my local Ferrari dealership today to take a look at the new 360 Modena Spyder. Made me start thinking about my GT. Anyone know of a good convertable kit for the Fiero, specifically a GT? I know I'll have to stiffen the car up before I cut, anyone else done this? Is there a top on the market for the fiero? Thanks in advance

I've got an 86 GT with the Northstar engine. Check it me out at:

wwww.members.home.net/jaygrande

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
northstar87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2001 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northstar87Send a Private Message to northstar87Direct Link to This Post
Hi,
I have a convertible Northstar. It is great! There is no top available anymore like the one that I have. I wish I could help.

Chris Moore
ASE Master Auto Tech and Auto Instructor
86 GT Convertible Northstar
87 GT Northstar
88 T-TOP 3.4 5 speed
88 T-TOP stock

FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2001 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
chris- you're so mean are you just teasing everyone with that car of yours??

dman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2001 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanSend a Private Message to dmanDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone. I spoke to Phil Huff over at FOCOA a while back and he said he was close to getting a supply of kits made up. I'd suggest calling FOCOA directly and asking them if it ever became available. Calling them would probably be best because (unlike what many Forum members may think) many people don't respond to email as quickly as picking up a ringing phone.

I hear things are a little backed up over there but if you get a chance to talk to Phil I'm sure he'll be able to talk your ear off about many of the convertible kits that came out over the years.

BTW, I happen to have an 85GT (notchback) convertible that I might consider selling as long as it went to a good home at a fair price.

Hey Chris, was your top by (John?) Scadudo(sp?). Phil mentioned that Scadudo designed one of the early kits, I can't remember if it had hydraulic assist.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Search for posts that I've made in the past regarding convertibles and you should find a webpage link or two to some kits that I've found on the internet. As well as some discussion on building your own. You may need to go as far back as the archives to find the right post.

Cheers,
dman

northstar87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2001 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northstar87Send a Private Message to northstar87Direct Link to This Post
Hi,
This is a Scuduto(how ever you spell it) kit. Automoda. It is just awesome. I have heard that too. I believe the gentleman is named Bill Welsh. He has bought the molds and all of that. I have also heard that he has stopped making the stuff because he is now making the Miata kit that turns the Miata to a BMW. So unless Fiero Phil knows someone else doing this, it will never happen anytime soon. I really wish it would. I would love to be able to access spare parts.

Chris Moore
ASE Master Auto Tech and Auto Instructor
1986 GT Convertible Northstar
1987 GT Northstar
1988 GT T-TOP 3.4 5-speed
1988 GT T-TOP stock

Mr.Frosty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2001 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.FrostySend a Private Message to Mr.FrostyDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody know this guy?This is a bada**
looking fiero.Ferrari front end,convertible,
fastback rear Leather interior,great paint https://www.fiero.nl/gallery/Cars/Vanderhoef1-side.jpg

------------------
88 Formula T-top
85 GT Turbo

[This message has been edited by Mr.Frosty (edited 03-29-2001).]

phreakboy4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2001 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phreakboy4Send a Private Message to phreakboy4Direct Link to This Post
Hey Im not sure where I saw it but last night when I was going through the forum I came across someone selling a convertible not that was never installed. Just trying to help out

84 2m4

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2001 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Bob Steiger at Twin Lakes Fiero does convertable conversions. He can tell you how to strengthen the chassis and where to buy the kit he uses for the roof.
You can call Bob at: 217-379-9140 or
Email him at: fierobob@localline2.com
Website is: http://twinlakesfiero.tripod.com/

Hope this helps.

------------------

Jay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2001 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JayClick Here to visit Jay's HomePageSend a Private Message to JayDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, for the info I'll check them out! Northstar87 I'd like to know what you did with your computer. Do you have manual or auto transmission?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock