Started on: 03-25-2001 07:43 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: BAM-BAM on 04-29-2001 10:59 PM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2001 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

I got this from an Olds Cutlass Ciera at a wrecker. Should be fairly cheap even from GM. I didn't see them on any other cars other than the Olds though...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2001 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
That is a pretty engine. How about more picture of the engine and car. I heard about the EGR cover but that is the first one I saw. Thanks
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2001 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! More pics here... http://www.geocities.com/calgaryfieros/tonys87.htm

Car is slated for new paint (same colors) - will take more photos then

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2001 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Now I remember, you are the one with the awesome engine. No wonder the posted picture looks great. I read your post many times on what you did to that engine. How has it been doing? Have you ever had it on a dyno after being completed. I think this is the first I saw your car instead of just the engine. Very nice definitely post more pictures.
fyerstarter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2001 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyerstarterSend a Private Message to fyerstarterDirect Link to This Post
Fierosound, what kind of wires are those? And where can I get a pair? I was planning on getting the blue Splitfire 8mm from the Fiero Store but blue will not match my valve covers and intake manifold Are those 7.5mm or 8mm?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2001 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
RED Plug Wires - TAYLOR Vertex Pro Series - #074224 Spiro-Pro Custom 6-cyl red http://www.taylorvertex.com/spark.html#spiro

RED Dis Cap & rotor - WELLS PROFESSIONAL GOLD #DR2012G

RED Ignition Coil - HOLLEY Annihilator Coil - #820-214 - Lasershot Street Inductive http://www.weiand.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/IS/ISLSC/820-214.html

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-25-2001).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2001 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Cool! I'm gonna have to get one of those covers. My EGR valve looks like it crawled out of the ocean.
Nice job on the engine!

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

88 T-top Formula
88 soon-to-be-V6 coupe

Two88GTs

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2001 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Two88GTsSend a Private Message to Two88GTsDirect Link to This Post
Is there a GM p/n on the EGR cover?
87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2001 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post
SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, FIEROSOUND!!!!! That powerplant is gorgeous!!!!!

There's a lot of good-looking silver paint on that engine. I checked out the "Details" section on your site but didn't see it listed. What did you use?

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2001 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Looking inside the cover I see a PN# 69228.
I don't know if that is any "correct" Part Number, but you may want to check it out.
Steven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2001 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StevenClick Here to visit Steven's HomePageSend a Private Message to StevenDirect Link to This Post
Just to let everyone know. GM Discontinued that part in May of '99. Dealers price was $14.10, with list price being $23.50. The GM number for this part was 17069228. Call your local dealer, maybe they have one sittin under an inch of dust on a shelf in back. Also for everyone FYI... It was also used on '89 Firebird w/3.8 eng., '88-'89 Bonniviles, '85-'88 Buick Somerset and Skylark '86-'87 Buick Riviera and Reatta. It was used on a couple other, but that should help if you are looking around in a parts yard.

------------------
85 Fiero GT
3.2 Liter Under Construction

PFF
System Bot
fyerstarter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2001 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyerstarterSend a Private Message to fyerstarterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks fierosound. I'll def look into it. As for the plug wires it looks like they are for the v8's on the page you linked to. Did you just use those and toss the two extras? Do you by any chance have the part number or order number of the set you have that I can use to order from this company?

Thanks, you rule

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2001 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
87ECO5...

The paint on the aluminium heat shields and mid/lower intakes is Rust-oleum V2116 High Temperature Aluminium http://12.15.48.56/ibg/products/hard_hat/default.asp

Fyrstarter...

As in the message above, #074224 IS the part number for the 6-cyl set in RED

Eric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2001 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EricSend a Private Message to EricDirect Link to This Post
Does that aluminum paint continue to rub off when you touch it?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2001 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
No... it's a fast dry formula.
Of course you can scratch it up if you're not careful putting the parts back on.
Two88GTs

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2001 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Two88GTsSend a Private Message to Two88GTsDirect Link to This Post
Found three EGR covers at the junkyard today,
all off of either 3.0 or 3.3 V6 engines.
Cheap and easy mod to cover up the unsightly EGR valve. Thanks for the tip.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2001 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
I'm in need of one if anyone gets to a junk yard and can grab one for me. I just do not have a need to go to a junk yard anytime soon. As much as I love to spend a day in one. : )
BAM-BAM

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2001 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMDirect Link to This Post
Fierosound, what year Ciera was that off of? I might just have to trip out to the yard this weekend!!!

Peace, B2 OUT!

------------------
Knowledge is POWER!
That is why the ignorant remain Weak!

[This message has been edited by BAM-BAM (edited 04-29-2001).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay