Interior "A" pillar removal by kevin
Started on: 08-04-2000 02:38 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: HugGRRRFiero on 08-04-2000 08:48 AM
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2000 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody have knowledge on how to remove and replace the hard plastic trim on the "A" pillars? Mine cracked after some innocent horseplay.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
HugGRRRFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2000 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HugGRRRFieroClick Here to visit HugGRRRFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to HugGRRRFieroDirect Link to This Post
Yep it's not too bad of a job. I've found it's an easier job removing the A piller panel to unbolt the upper seat belt attachment, it takes a 40 or 45 torx I think. Next, take the long screw out of the front edge of the back corner trim piece and now you pull that panel inward to uncover the last 1/2" of the A piller trim that is tucked under it. You probably could get away without unbolting and unsnaping this panel, but It makes it easier to remove the A piller panel later on.

Now to remove, pull firmly but carefully along the A piller to pull out two plastic trees. Pull the trim outward and down along the top edge of the window opening to pull out the two plastic tabs out from their clips (be real careful it's easy to break those tabs right off). It seems like you can pull and pull on it and it won't budge, but if you pull it just right it comes off easy. Replace the plastic trees to the new panel and reverse the steps. Hope this helps...

I don't think I want to ask you how you broke it, but it almost sounds like that commercial "People do strange things to their cars," Could it be more like "People do strange things in their Fieros?" Be more careful next time hehe

Brent

------------------

HugGRRRFiero@hotmail.com

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock