Started on: 06-17-2000 08:51 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: phillip on 06-18-2000 02:00 PM
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
What do y'all think?

Is is functional? Yes it is:

How did I hook it up? Like this:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
WOW! That's pretty slick.
doughboySE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doughboySESend a Private Message to doughboySEDirect Link to This Post
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE CAN I GET ME ONE OF THOSE I HAVE LOVED THOSE SINCE DAY ONE GOD IM SO ENVIOUS WHAT YOU THINK THAT WOULD LOOK LIKE ON MY RIDE?v
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
On an SE it looks like this!

Of course my mounting is different.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 06-17-2000).]

doughboySE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doughboySESend a Private Message to doughboySEDirect Link to This Post
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE CAN I GET ME ONE OF THOSE I HAVE LOVED THOSE SINCE DAY ONE GOD IM SO ENVIOUS WHAT YOU THINK THAT WOULD LOOK LIKE ON MY RIDE?v
doughboySE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doughboySESend a Private Message to doughboySEDirect Link to This Post

doughboySE

282 posts
Member since Jan 99
doughboySE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doughboySESend a Private Message to doughboySEDirect Link to This Post

doughboySE

282 posts
Member since Jan 99
doughboySE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doughboySESend a Private Message to doughboySEDirect Link to This Post

doughboySE

282 posts
Member since Jan 99
OOPS SORRY
Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Did you get a little carried away Doughboy? Nice car, I have always liked gold on Fieros.

Now my wife says the car looks like E.T.
And it sounds really strange through the scoop at full throttle too.

[This message has been edited by Cooter (edited 06-17-2000).]

WisconsinGT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WisconsinGTSend a Private Message to WisconsinGTDirect Link to This Post
Cooter, Looks fantastic! How does it run with the modified air induction? Can you give us info. on how you/they installed everything? Thanks.
tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
wow Doughboy, you own four of those just alike? cooooooool

Cooter -- that looks sinister!!!!!!

PFF
System Bot
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2000 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Cooter, ya got any fuel to go with that air!

Man that looks nice-n-sweeeeeet you did a good job with the installation and hook-up
Can you hear it sucking air a 95mph and up?
What about the heat on that flex hose?
I like the filter, did you get a lot of grud
in there from the scoop?

Oreif, what type of filter do you use?

both of your cars look great with thoes scoops!!

DXR_DAD

TOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2000 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TOMSend a Private Message to TOMDirect Link to This Post
I have one I was going to mold if I got enough interest.
For the hose if its get trashed by the heat go to an aircraft supply and get the silicone stuff.
Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2000 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Looking at Cooters scoop...Dosnt it shake back & frrth at high speed?? There is no side support is there?? Just a rear hinge and front clip right?
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2000 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
As for the filter I use at present is The stock one. The Indy scoop keeps the engine compartment cool right now. (Actually it keeps it VERY cool! Almost 30 degrees cooler!) I am looking for a different filter now. I had heard that a filter from a 88-90 Grand Prix might work but I don't know yet. I am going to set it up like the old Pontiac/oldsmobiles. The air filter will be mounted to the wall between trunk and engine with an open top. It will have a thick foam gasket so when the decklid is closed it seals it. That way I can still use the MAF sensor. I have the High Heat silicone flex tubing already. It's just that It's summer and I spend more time driving it than working on it. I usually reserve winter to work on it. As soon as I get the details worked out I'll post my findings. As for the mounting I didn't like the hinged/clip set-up. Too mant restrictions in the scoop and little side support. (also heard that if you don't pin the latch it could pop off on a hard pothole) Although In order to open my decklid up I have to remove the scoop. Which can be a pain occasionally.
Here's a question, Is someone very good at making aluminum boxes? If I get a rough drawing could you make an airfilter box out of aluminum?

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 06-18-2000).]

TOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2000 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TOMSend a Private Message to TOMDirect Link to This Post
Im pretty good at metal fabrication. Just ;let me know
Cooter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2000 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
The scoop is pretty stable. I've had it to 110 MPH (against a Cavalier Z ) and it was not moving any. The filter is a clamp on style for a GM Tuned port V-8. I will post some pic's of the fabricated "air-box" when I get the camera back from the brother.

As far as fuel goes, at high speed full throttle runs, the O2 voltage is still over 800 Mv, so I was told that was still safe.

Tom- thanks for the source for the flex hose- I work a few miles from a small airport's supply store. I will check there soon.

With the sunroof closed, you really cant hear it. But open the roof and it gets pretty loud. At idle, it hisses and sounds weird, but full throttle sounds pretty neat.

[This message has been edited by Cooter (edited 06-18-2000).]

phillip
No longer registered
Report this Post06-18-2000 02:00 PM   Send a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
got 1 on my '87. want one for my indy too. since i hate my engine (4 cyl) i hobbled up an intake under it. just a piece of 3" electrical conduit welded to my air filter snorkle. cut the excess snorkle off and welded a piece of metal over it so all the fresh air comes from the conduit. a little duct tape helped too. down and dirty but i didn't want to put much into the setup. still hoping an engine change is in the future but i wanted to play with it. sounds neat at wot but no more performance.

i get the space ship thing all the time too.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock