Back-up light switch, I think? by DXR_DAD
Started on: 09-22-1999 08:33 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: theogre on 09-27-1999 07:35 PM
DXR_DAD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-1999 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
They light up when I hold the shifter all the way over, when I let go the lights go off. Is there an adjustment in the shift linkage? I can pust the button in by hand and the lights go on if I let go of the button a little bit they go off, is it the switch??

thanks for the help!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-1999 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceDirect Link to This Post
It's the linkage- mine did the same thing. You need to have the linkage adjusted (check the "difficult to shift to 3rd" thread from July. You need to have the adjustment made so that the shifter moves further to the left for reverse. Plus, the shifting is MUCH smoother.
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-1999 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Bruce, thanks I didn't want to do it but knew it. It shifts ok but hard to get in reverse some times , so ok iam on it.

thanks,

PS. catch you on E-mail

Pat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-1999 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatSend a Private Message to PatDirect Link to This Post
The reverse light switch is under the shifter console unit. it has an adjustable screw. I took mine out completely and installed a cool toggle switch. Now they work only when I want them too.
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-1999 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Pat I never saw that screw. So it`s all ok now. the back-up lights are not to bright any way. Thinking about putting another set in were the red reflectors are. Iam sure I can find something in the bone yard that will fit. I think it will be a little different.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-1999 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
try some brighter lamps, and make sure the sockets are good. since the backups are not on long you can get away with some rather warm lamps in there.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock