Started on: 09-04-99 05:15 PM
Replies: 0
Last post by: theogre on 09-04-99 05:15 PM
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-1999 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Well..... I finaly got time to put mine in the drivers side last week. What a pain in the ass. Unfortunatly I caught the holder spring and knocked it out, so now I need to fool with that bloody thing.

I also found a small modification you can make when you replace the pins.

While I had the hinge apart I saw that the 2 halves of the lower hinge were rubbing on top. When I put them back together with the new bushings, I saw they would again rub, and likely soon. The Brass bushings face just isn't beefy enough to take the heavy door.

So I lifted the door enough to slip in a spare nylon washer. (One of those ones for oil plugs) I put some good grease on as well.

The door now swings very easy, and should stay that way for a long time.

A note: use one of the ribbed washers sold in a 3 pack for oil plugs... They are a bit thinner than the first one I tried. You shouldn't need to adjust the door much, if at all with the thinner one. I'm definatly going to have to adjust the door with the thicker one I used. The ones you want are Oil-Tite #66301 from MotorMite or the equivilant of them. You should only need on in the lower hinge. The lower seems to take most of the abuse. It's a bigger peice of metal anyway. I don't think there's enough metal in the top hinge for this to really work well.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock