Pennock's Fiero Forum
  FAQs & HowTos
  How to make rear coil-overs using factory struts, with pics. (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How to make rear coil-overs using factory struts, with pics. by fierohoho
Started on: 02-11-2004 03:17 PM
Replies: 488 (81833 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 02-07-2020 07:19 PM
GSXRBOBBY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net
My build thread

IP: Logged
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for KillerX so he can bookmark this thread.

------------------
4.9 Caddy in Garage! Car in Driveway! ACK!

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.org

Proud Member and founder of the DOWN SOUTH SUNNY WINTER PICK ON SNOW PEOPLE COALITION!

KillerX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerXSend a Private Message to KillerXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HA HA HA thanX man!!! ya I asked about it in another thread...thank you again for that... I got some questions about this but im going to re read before I ask them so im not a noob I wanted to try these but didnt know what would be the best strut to use but ill re read its been a while

Brad

KillerX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerXSend a Private Message to KillerXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok heres a question! when ordering from colemans, right now i have the original struts but im going to upgrade them in the future (Kyb or others)...should i get the 7" Coil-Over Kit (2.04 I.D.) or the 2.08 (pretty sure the 2.04 will work with kybs and mine but wanna make sure.) also for these springs i jsut call up summit and tell them i want 300lbs 12" springs with a 2 5/8" ID?

thanX
Brad

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brad, the 2.04 ID sleeves fit over my KYBs fine. I didn't measure my factory struts but they are sitting in my garage, so I'll measure them when I get home.
Here are the springs I used:
http://store.summitracing.com/eproduct.asp?N=120+400026+303893
For the rear of my 88 I got the 12" 170lb/in springs (factory rate on 88's rear is ~150lb/in. pre-88s are way different).

-Steven

------------------

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brad, on the 88 factory struts there is a washer-like part at the top of the strut body where the shaft exits. These piece is too wide to allow the threaded coilover sleeve to fit. My KYBs have a much smaller piece that had a smaller diameter than the strut tube itself. You'll need to grind down this portion to allow the sleeve to fit.
Here are some of fierohoho's pics that show what I'm talking about (these are from the first page of this thread):
Before modifications:

Originally posted by fierohoho:

After:

Originally posted by fierohoho:

As far as the strut body itself, it has almost exactly the same outside diameter as the KYB replacements. (1.99inches or so)

-Steven

[This message has been edited by Steven Snyder (edited 12-01-2004).]

KillerX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerXSend a Private Message to KillerXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steven Snyder, hey thanks for the info....but i have the 1985 not the 88 will these still work?
ThanX
Brad
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KillerX:

Steven Snyder, hey thanks for the info....but i have the 1985 not the 88 will these still work?
ThanX
Brad

even better. when I did my 88 the washers just under the mount plate were much bigger than the 84-87 year. I had to go get some from an earlier car at the junk yard. once you get your struts off where you can see them it will be easy to see what to do.
good luck.

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ThanX
Brad

Yes, those pictures from fierohoho were of a pre-88 strut. You will still need to do the trimming as mentioned but they will work fine otherwise. The OEM strut body is the same size for all years. The KYB replacement struts I purchased were for 84-87 Fieros so when you get your KYBs you will be using the same setup as myself.

-Steven

KillerX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerXSend a Private Message to KillerXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
alright thanX guys! + for yas
well im gonna call up collman right now get 7" Coil-Over Kit (2.04 I.D.) and call up summit and get tell them i want 300lbs 12" springs with a 2 5/8" ID now since im getting the 7" should i consider going 10" spring? since i do wanna lower it? i just dont wanna run out of room on the botom of the coil over and it would probably look nicer with the 10 becuase it would sit maybe in the middle of the ciol over part...
thanX
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

should i consider going 10" spring? since i do wanna lower it? i just dont wanna run out of room on the botom of the coil over and it would probably look nicer with the 10 becuase it would sit maybe in the middle of the ciol over part...
thanX

I have 12" springs and it looks like I would run out of suspension travel way before the adjustable perch hits the bottom of the strut.

-Steven

PFF
System Bot
Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2005 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump

This is the type of info that should stay at the top.

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please tell me no one actually does this with factory struts. Not only were they junk to start, but they're useless after these years.
KillerX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerXSend a Private Message to KillerXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok So I got the 7" sleeve with a 10" spring... what strut should I get that will work with this? also do you guys have part numbers from the places too?
thanks guys
Brad

[This message has been edited by KillerX (edited 01-28-2005).]

Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2005 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went with 5 inch adjusters and 12 inch springs. 350# Eibachs to handle the weight of the big block.

In reply to the factory struts thing. I really doubt very many of us still have the origional struts. These cars are 20 years old.

The adjusters cost about $40 shipped with springs you can throw away cause they are crap. Just get a CRX coilover kit. They fit, and you get enough parts for 2 fieros. The eibachs are $49 ea. new. Throw in some good struts and you will be under $250 still I'm sure, and that's with 2 adjusters left over.

[This message has been edited by Azriel (edited 01-28-2005).]

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

what strut should I get that will work with this?

KYB and Monroe replacement struts have been confirmed to have the same outer diameter and will work properly with the commonly available threaded sleeves. Gabriel struts, being another standard factory replacement, also probably have the same outer diameter. Konis are larger diameter and you must have the strut housings modified or the threaded sleeves modified to fit them together properly.
Be very very careful when removing the spring perches to use those sleeves. You definitely do not want to cut into the strut housing!

-Steven

HarryG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryGSend a Private Message to HarryGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, has anyone done this using Konis? I looked in the archives and found a couple comments about Konis being larger at the top due to their rebuildable feature. So regular sleeves won't fit. Anyone got any pics/specs of the Koni top section?
musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HarryG:

So, has anyone done this using Konis? I looked in the archives and found a couple comments about Konis being larger at the top due to their rebuildable feature. So regular sleeves won't fit. Anyone got any pics/specs of the Koni top section?

Check with MinnGreenGT, I believe he is running Koni's on his car with coilovers.

------------------
Nic

KillerX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerXSend a Private Message to KillerXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

KYB and Monroe replacement struts have been confirmed to have the same outer diameter and will work properly with the commonly available threaded sleeves. Gabriel struts, being another standard factory replacement, also probably have the same outer diameter. Konis are larger diameter and you must have the strut housings modified or the threaded sleeves modified to fit them together properly.
Be very very careful when removing the spring perches to use those sleeves. You definitely do not want to cut into the strut housing!

-Steven

ha ha ha Nice thanks guys! Do you guys have part numbers? for KYB and/or Monroe? or places to buy them "cheap"
thanks
Brad

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ha ha ha Nice thanks guys! Do you guys have part numbers? for KYB and/or Monroe? or places to buy them "cheap"
thanks
Brad

84-88 rear struts: KYB 234005 ("GR2"). For 88s you may need to grind into part of the mounting area of the strut for spindle clearance. If you have factory 88 struts you will see the cutout that is missing from the 84-87 replacement struts such as the 234005. If not, just install the strut temporarily and try to adjust to max camber. If you can't get the adjustment bolt to go to its maximum camber setting you need to trim. You'll see a mark on the strut where the spindle and strut collided. Just dremel away until it clears.
84-87 front shocks: KYB KG4538 ("Gas-A-Just")
88 front shocks: 343127 ("GR2") or KG4513 ("Gas-A-Just")
The best price I found was from www.pickproparts.com, but there are certainly other dealers with similar and perhaps better prices.

-Steven

[This message has been edited by Steven Snyder (edited 01-29-2005).]

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what spring rate is reccomended as a good place to start with early chassis, 88 cradle, 3800sc, man trans? I'm thinking about ordering 300-350, just not sure which end is better to start at. I have no problems getting another set of springs, but the closer the first time, the better. The car is pretty stripped down, and aimed more towards handling than comfort..
PFF
System Bot
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
300 should be fine from what I'm told.

Edit for typo

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread
MY 88 Northstar build thread

[This message has been edited by GSXRBOBBY (edited 01-30-2005).]

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All of my components came from Speedway Motors and I think I gave about $140 for them. Almost $100 of that was for the Carrera Chrome Springs because that was the look I wanted. Springs are available much cheaper. The wrench was also about $7 IIRC to adjust the perches

John Stricker

GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2005 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's beautiful! Money well spent, I think.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2005 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John that is a really nice looking setup. Is that $140 for 2 chrome plated springs and 2 adjustable threaded perchs?

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread

KillerX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerXSend a Private Message to KillerXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84-88 rear struts: KYB 234005 ("GR2"). For 88s you may need to grind into part of the mounting area of the strut for spindle clearance. If you have factory 88 struts you will see the cutout that is missing from the 84-87 replacement struts such as the 234005. If not, just install the strut temporarily and try to adjust to max camber. If you can't get the adjustment bolt to go to its maximum camber setting you need to trim. You'll see a mark on the strut where the spindle and strut collided. Just dremel away until it clears.
84-87 front shocks: KYB KG4538 ("Gas-A-Just")
88 front shocks: 343127 ("GR2") or KG4513 ("Gas-A-Just")
The best price I found was from www.pickproparts.com, but there are certainly other dealers with similar and perhaps better prices.

-Steven

wow thanks alot!!! Great prices on there! So I order the 84-88 rear struts: KYB 234005 ("GR2") for my 85 and itll work with my sleeve and spring? (with the exception of cutting that middle peice off which will be a joy LOL)

Brad

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something like that, I don't remember for sure and the receipts are at the shop. You can go to Speedway Motors and price out what you want yourself. They have a very large selection of whatever you might want.............and then some.

They aren't the cheapest, but they are next day to me for regular UPS ground rates and I've never had anything backordered, unlike Jegs.

John Stricker

Originally posted by GSXRBOBBY:

John that is a really nice looking setup. Is that $140 for 2 chrome plated springs and 2 adjustable threaded perchs?

[This message has been edited by jstricker (edited 02-03-2005).]

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I e-mailed Speedway asking them a few questions and I have to say they were no help what so ever!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread

Dino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DinoSend a Private Message to DinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I'd like to hear about how to do coilovers on Koni's too. Anyone want to tell the story?
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as Konis go, they do require more modification than normal struts, but they still work.

You have to disassemble them and either turn the cap nut down to a small enough diameter to fit inside the threaded sleeve or put the threaded sleeve on and then put the cap nut back on. You'll also need to turn down the strut body right below the cap nut just a bit. www.colemanracing.com has 2.040 sleeves that make this easier.
Be careful when removing the cap nut, as you'll blow off the nitrogen charge. A tech at Koni says that this is no big deal as they frequently do this in order for the shocks to not raise a customer's very low AutoX car...

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been told that Koni on a Fiero are just as good as the upper style KYB and the KYB is alot cheaper in price.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread

PFF
System Bot
WS63100FIEROGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WS63100FIEROGTClick Here to visit WS63100FIEROGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to WS63100FIEROGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody know the spring rate of the rear WS6 stock springs? Just to have a relative comparison.

------------------

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have been told that Koni on a Fiero are just as good as the upper style KYB and the KYB is alot cheaper in price.

I tried KYB's on the front of my car and Konis on the front are WAYYYY better...

MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awsome buildup.

------------------

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What questions did you ask? They're not exactly a Fiero Specific vendor. They cater to the people that know what they want, but this isn't rocket science so I'm wonering what it is you need to know that hasn't already been asked and answered in this thread.

John Stricker

I e-mailed Speedway asking them a few questions and I have to say they were no help what so ever!

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I asked them if they carried a front shock that would fit the Fiero and if there was a large size diff. between each outer dia. from one strut to another.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wow thanks alot!!! Great prices on there! So I order the 84-88 rear struts: KYB 234005 ("GR2") for my 85 and itll work with my sleeve and spring? (with the exception of cutting that middle peice off which will be a joy LOL)
Brad

Yes.

Originally posted by Will:
As far as Konis go, they do require more modification than normal struts, but they still work.

You have to disassemble them and either turn the cap nut down to a small enough diameter to fit inside the threaded sleeve or put the threaded sleeve on and then put the cap nut back on. You'll also need to turn down the strut body right below the cap nut just a bit. www.colemanracing.com has 2.040 sleeves that make this easier.
Be careful when removing the cap nut, as you'll blow off the nitrogen charge. A tech at Koni says that this is no big deal as they frequently do this in order for the shocks to not raise a customer's very low AutoX car...

Does Koni still honor the warranty on the struts if that work is done by a qualified machine shop? If not, do you know if there is anyway to have coilover Konis without voiding that sweet lifetime warranty?

-Steven

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speedway sells parts to two groups of people. The first is the one they've made their living on for decades and that's the circle track cars. Not many Fiero's in that group. More recently, they've gotten into street rod stuff. Not many Fiero's there.

They don't handle normal, replacemant parts like Monroe, etc. They handle Aldan, Carrera, etc., for the street rod guys and the circle burners.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised that they wouldn't know what shock a Fiero took or even that they didn't know the size difference between struts, since they don't sell either one. The strut sizes have been mentioned several times in this thread and, since it's about coil overs, the front shock questions didn't come up, unless you're thinking of front coilovers in which case that would depend on the kit or how you were doing it yourself, hardly something anyone here could know.

The tone of your post suggested that you expected Speedway to know the answers to questions that they would have no reason or business knowing, IMHO. If you want to view them negatively for that, then have at it. I won't. You won't find better service anywhere in the country and if you want good quality and quick shipping, they're your folks.

John Stricker

I asked them if they carried a front shock that would fit the Fiero and if there was a large size diff. between each outer dia. from one strut to another.

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I am getting ready to order the springs and struts here soon but I have one question.
I am looking at getting the front shocks Gas-A-Just KG4513 for the front Shocks ($27.99 Jegs)
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=258566&prmenbr=361

My question is I need a nice KYB strut to match, any ideas?
I was thinking this may work out nice?
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=253444&prmenbr=361

I haven't really desided on where to get the coil over package just yet but have desided on the size.
7" threaded, with a 10" X 2 5/8 ID and a 250 LBS. rating.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2005 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does Koni still honor the warranty on the struts if that work is done by a qualified machine shop? If not, do you know if there is anyway to have coilover Konis without voiding that sweet lifetime warranty?

-Steven

I wouldnt bother too much about warranty because Koni's WILL work for a lifetime! Or two. About seven years ago I was able to reuse the front Koni shocks from my crashed 86GT on my new 87GT...

After all these years they still work great...!

I am looking to do this nice coilover idea sometime, my lowering springs already come loose when I jack up the car and I want to lower it some more....so coilover is the best solution. Now I wonder if someone has done a side by side comparison with a modified fieroshock+coilover setup, with already existing coilover kits for "popular" cars. With a good match you wouldnt have to mod anything plus it might be easier to get.. I guess the 2 bolt holes need to line up with the knuckle....the length would be less important because its adjustable anyway...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock