Pennock's Fiero Forum
  FAQs & HowTos
  How to make rear coil-overs using factory struts, with pics. (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How to make rear coil-overs using factory struts, with pics. by fierohoho
Started on: 02-11-2004 03:17 PM
Replies: 488 (81833 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 02-07-2020 07:19 PM
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2017 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone help me find the springs and adjusters?

NightMare
IP: Logged
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2017 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DITTO BUMP
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazon is where I got my stuff from. You just need to make sure you look for the correct spring for your application

Sleeve

Spring
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know a good place to get the 2.17 sleeve for use with Koni shocks?
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know if it's been posted before (too lazy to go through whole thread to find out) but I am about to build my own coil overs using kyb struts and found these useful videos from Arraut Motorsports about cutting the perch off.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

str8maxn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2019 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for str8maxnSend a Private Message to str8maxnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone, I am attempting the coil over mod but some how got it wrong. I have 5" Sleeves, 12" 350 lb springs on new KYB struts with perch cut off. Passenger side had no issues when I lowered the fiero. However on the drives side, the strut rod pushed into the engine compartment.

I am sure I put together both sides in the same manner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by str8maxn:

Hello everyone, I am attempting the coil over mod but some how got it wrong. I have 5" Sleeves, 12" 350 lb springs on new KYB struts with perch cut off. Passenger side had no issues when I lowered the fiero. However on the drives side, the strut rod pushed into the engine compartment.

I am sure I put together both sides in the same manner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you ever figure out your issue? strut mount plate mis-assembly?
str8maxn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2019 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for str8maxnSend a Private Message to str8maxnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by msweldon:

Did you ever figure out your issue? strut mount plate mis-assembly?

I ended up removing the strut and starting all over. I must have did something different the second time around because I avoided the issue. Not really sure what but its dropped properly now. I have not had the chance to drive it yet as I am rebuilding the front end. I am hoping to have this completed soon. I can't wait to see the Fiero dropped on all four corners.

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by str8maxn:

This happens when the lower washer isn't installed. Without a washer 2" or larger in diameter, the shaft puts direct pressure on the sleeve of the rubber strut hat bushing. Eventually the rubber lets go and the shaft pushes through the rubber bushing. Sometimes it can take years for this to happen. So always make sure to include the washer when reassembling.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock