Pennock's Fiero Forum
  FAQs & HowTos
  How to make rear coil-overs using factory struts, with pics. (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How to make rear coil-overs using factory struts, with pics. by fierohoho
Started on: 02-11-2004 03:17 PM
Replies: 488 (81833 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 02-07-2020 07:19 PM
couldahadaV8

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just finished making my coilovers and have a serious problem with them. I will post some pictures later of how I cut off the spring perch in the lathe, since it is mentioned as a way to do it but not shown.

What I used are Monroe struts, cheap "e-bay" type threaded collars, and Summit Racing's QA1 springs that are 12" long and 325 lbs.in (this car has a SBC with a 4T65E-HD so it is heavier than stock). This car is not running yet, so I don't know how it is on the road.

Here is the problem. The car initially sat way too high; it has a Dino body on it and there was about 4" of clearance above the rear tire. With the coilovers I lowered it down maybe 2 1/2" or so; I didn't take an initial measurement so I'm not exactly sure how much. The lowest part of the frame cradle is now about 3 1/2" from the ground. This is too low for me, and too low for the poor condition of the roads around here. But the biggest problem is that there is no suspension travel left! It is right down on the shock bump-stop now. My modified bump-stops are about 1 1/4" long, so maybe I can shorten them a little.

How do you people lower your cars 2" and still have any suspenstion travel? To get 2" of suspension travel (which I think would be a bare minimum) I have to raise it back up 2". I was thinking of flipping the upper plate around (the one with the rubber bushing in it) as was mentioned above. This will give around 1 1/4" suspension travel. I would still have to raise the car up a little. Is it maybe that Monroe struts are different somehow than other ones people are using?

thanks,

Rick

[This message has been edited by couldahadaV8 (edited 08-31-2009).]

IP: Logged
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have an 87 gt with the 3.8 so from what i understand the 7in collar with the 12 in 300 spring should work?
couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

i have an 87 gt with the 3.8 so from what i understand the 7in collar with the 12 in 300 spring should work?

I'm pretty sure that will work fine. I find that the spring seat is around 2-3" from the bottom of the threaded collar, so a 7" collar is easily long enough with 12" springs. Also, the 300 lb/in rating should be good.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was thinking of using slightly used maybe 5k on them rear kyb struts but it says people use stock ones?? im not sure should i find a set of cheep stock ones instead?? what will the difference be between using an old set of blown stock struts and my newer set of kyb?
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by couldahadaV8:
cheap "e-bay" type threaded collars

OK: several of us keep asking - what car do you buy the sleeves for that fit the Fiero struts?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Giggle Cream - it makes dessert *funny*!
couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:
OK: several of us keep asking - what car do you buy the sleeves for that fit the Fiero struts?

I went to a place down the street (I know, that helps you a lot!) and bought mine. It was one of those places that sells cheap imported car accessories (spring kits, steering wheels, spoilers...). I had to buy a whole kit for converting a Honda to coilovers at all 4 corners. I don't know exactly what Honda it was for (I'll check on the packaging again and see if it says anything) but I don't think it really matters. As long as the threaded tubes have a 2" bore you are good to go. I obviously didn't use the springs and other parts that came with it, but it was still a good price. I think the 2" bore adaptors must be a fairly common size.

Rick

[This message has been edited by couldahadaV8 (edited 01-15-2010).]

SGS

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SGSSend a Private Message to SGSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, coilover sleeves for 50mm tubes (~2") are common.

You can google it. You can find the sleeves for less than $15 each if you look. Of course, you'll need the other hardware too.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought my coilover parts from A-1 Racing Products

http://shop.a1racing.com/

I would definately use the 7" sleeve with a 12" spring. I bought the springs from Summit Racing

7" threaded sleeve: COK12455
$18.40 each

Coilover nut: COK12460
$12.87 each

Springs: QA1 12" progressive rate, 175-350 lb, part # 12-175-350
$49.95 each

Before:

After:

The above picture shows the 300 lb 10" spring I used first,it was far too stiff. I swapped it out with the 12" progressive rate spring.

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I went to a place down the street (I know, that helps you a lot!) and bought mine. It was one of those places that sells cheap imported car accessories (spring kits, steering wheels, spoilers...). I had to buy a whole kit for converting a Honda to coilovers at all 4 corners. I don't know exactly what Honda it was for (I'll check on the packaging again and see if it says anything) but I don't think it really matters. As long as the threaded tubes have a 2" bore you are good to go. I obviously didn't use the springs and other parts that came with it, but it was still a good price. I think the 2" bore adaptors must be a fairly common size.

Rick

If you could that I would appreciate it. Even a brand & part # would help.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tha Driver

4559 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Originally posted by SGS:

Yes, coilover sleeves for 50mm tubes (~2") are common.

You can google it. You can find the sleeves for less than $15 each if you look. Of course, you'll need the other hardware too.

Yeah.... I had a set that was supposed to be for a Honda (no idea which one) & I spent 2 hours on each sleeve trying to hone it out to fit over the Fiero struts, & they were still too tight to fit down all the way. I had 40 grit wrapped around a cylinder hone & then went to 80 grit & 180 grit, & like I said after 2 hours on each one they still didn't fit. I'm not doing that again....
I've searched (several times on different search engines), asked several times here, emailed a LOT of sellers, & not a single person can come up the car you need to buy sleeves for that will fit the Fiero.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
SGS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SGSSend a Private Message to SGSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 50mm ones are really common. If you google "50mm coilover sleeve" you'll get plenty of results. Koni makes them, as well as several other manufacturers. Apparently, LOTS of cars use 50mm tubing for struts. I have discovered this since I need 54mm sleeves for my application (which isn't a Fiero), and the 54mm ones aren;t nearly as common.
PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2010 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The 50mm ones are really common. If you google "50mm coilover sleeve" you'll get plenty of results. Koni makes them, as well as several other manufacturers. Apparently, LOTS of cars use 50mm tubing for struts. I have discovered this since I need 54mm sleeves for my application (which isn't a Fiero), and the 54mm ones aren;t nearly as common.

Well that doesn't help. All I get is results that are talking about 50 mm sleeves, for sale at retail (too much for me), how to install them, cutting 50mm off of other things, shirt sleeves, Sleeves Sex Toys , etc.
ALL we need to know is what Honda to buy the kit for that has sleeves that fit the Fiero. If just ONE person would post with that info.....
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important.
couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2010 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:
ALL we need to know is what Honda to buy the kit for that has sleeves that fit the Fiero. If just ONE person would post with that info.....

OK, the box says "90-97 Accord". The box is kind of generic so it doesn't have a brand or make on it, but now you do have all the info you need to buy some.

[This message has been edited by couldahadaV8 (edited 01-16-2010).]

SGS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SGSSend a Private Message to SGSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.koniracing.com/sleeves.cfm

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KON-30-0000/

The best reason to buy the components instead of a kit meant for another car is that you'll only pay for the stuff you actually need. You buy the Honda kit, you get stuff for all four corners when you only need two, and the springs might not be right for your application.
couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The best reason to buy the components instead of a kit meant for another car is that you'll only pay for the stuff you actually need. You buy the Honda kit, you get stuff for all four corners when you only need two, and the springs might not be right for your application.

Oh, the springs are certainly not right for a Fiero application. They are about 7" long and of an unknow stiffness. I did sell the 2 threaded sleeves that I didn't use to someone else, so if you get together, 2 of you can buy one kit and split it. Yes the springs and some left-over aluminum bits are left, but if I keep them long enough I'll probably find a use for them.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2010 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I got two hyperoo? 325lb springs 15 a piece and two 7in bliston sleves with adjuster knuckle for 10$ each I'll post pictures springs are almost new! I hope that rate isn't to harsh for my kyb struts
SGS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SGSSend a Private Message to SGSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope the sleeves fit your struts. Bilstein makes a lot of single tube dampers....good ones, but the bodies are smaller than the 50mm strut tubes you have.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2010 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, the box says "90-97 Accord".

That seems simple enough. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

I would definately use the 7" sleeve with a 12" spring.

Is the length of the sleeves as critical for 12" springs as they might be when using shorter springs? I've got two 12" 325 lb springs here I'd like to try, and I've been holding off until I tracked down some suitable coilover sleeves.

So would ones like these do the deed, although I have no idea how long the sleeves are? Less than $42 including shipping. They're certainly inexpensive enough, especially considering there are enough sleeves to do two Fieros.

eBay item # 330381077459 ...

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-17-2010).]

couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks more or less like the kit I bought. It will work fine with 12" springs. You will find that the spring seat is around 2" from the bottom, so that length of threaded sleeve is good.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2010 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hope the sleeves fit your struts. Bilstein makes a lot of single tube dampers....good ones, but the bodies are smaller than the 50mm strut tubes you have.

ohh god thats no good! i hope these fit if not ill have to try to hone them out?? or sand the hell out of my strut tube untill they fit.. they look to be pretty close to the right size?

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2010 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I built these a couple of years ago (after reading this thread ):

Originally posted by Fie Ro:
New koni's with Held coilover kit

Didnt post the build itself but this may be usefull info when using Koni shocks. The perch is easily cut off with a grinding wheel:

Then you will find it will not slide off because the top of the Koni strut tapers a bit outwards:

No problem. But this also means the inner diameter of the new sleeve is bigger than the diameter of the lower strut, so :

My advice is not to cut too much off this ring because it helps centering the sleeve..

With the sleeves installed I filled the gap at the top with sealant to keep water and debris out

Hope this helps..

PFF
System Bot
SGS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SGSSend a Private Message to SGSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ohh god thats no good! i hope these fit if not ill have to try to hone them out?? or sand the hell out of my strut tube untill they fit.. they look to be pretty close to the right size?

I think some of the shock bodies are 1-7/8". Your strut tubes are probably 50mm, just shy of 2".

You might be able to hone the sleeves, but pack a lunch, you'll be there a while. Don't try to narrow the strut tube! Not only will that take longer, remember that the strut is a structural component of your suspension. If it fails because the wall is too thin, you're gonna have a bad day.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, the box says "90-97 Accord". The box is kind of generic so it doesn't have a brand or make on it, but now you do have all the info you need to buy some.

THANK YOU for that.
Been offline all weekend long due to Winstream BS....

Yeah but I need sleeves for two Fieros, & you can buy those for what just 2 sleeves cost WITHOUT the nuts the springs rest on. Springs can be bought separately, & I may be able to use the springs on other cars.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

You braggin' or complainin'?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That looks more or less like the kit I bought. It will work fine with 12" springs. You will find that the spring seat is around 2" from the bottom, so that length of threaded sleeve is good.

Thanks.

I just want to double-check on something before I actually order a set - Are all four sleeves exactly the same in the 90-97 Accord kit. In other words, the sleeves aren't different for the "front" as opposed to the "rear" are they? I suspect they're all the same, but I just want to make sure before I post in my local Fiero club's forum to see who wants to split a set.

couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just want to double-check on something before I actually order a set - Are all four sleeves exactly the same in the 90-97 Accord kit. In other words, the sleeves aren't different for the "front" as opposed to the "rear" are they? I suspect they're all the same, but I just want to make sure before I post in my local Fiero club's forum to see who wants to split a set.

With the kit I bought, there were 2 different sizes of sleeves, 2 were 7" and 2 were 5". With 12" springs either will work. The 5" may even work with 10" springs, but I'm not positive.

Rick
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With the kit I bought, there were 2 different sizes of sleeves, 2 were 7" and 2 were 5".

Interesting. The diameter of the sleeves was all the same though, right?

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dose anyone have an extra set of the screws to keep the nut in place my sleeves didn't come with a set will pay for them!! also if the sleeves i bought don't fit anybody want to go 1/2's on a set?
couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Interesting. The diameter of the sleeves was all the same though, right?

right
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Rick.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great post and some good looking work. Having never used coil overs, I don't have a performance comparison to share but the obvious advantage of adjustability and ability to change spring rates must have a positive impact. .
I'd like to ask the question of the people that have done this modification. Is there any noticable increase in handling or traction? Was it worth the work.? It also should be noted that the coils are already over the springs on a stock Fiero so how much improvement is really obtained.? Any comments are appreciated.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Seanpaul

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I don't understand, is why can't you just use the existing spring perch with a sleeve, and a 7 inch spring?
There is only 4" of travel in the Fiero strut wouldn't a 12" springs be a bit over kill??
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Seanpaul:

What I don't understand, is why can't you just use the existing spring perch with a sleeve, and a 7 inch spring?
There is only 4" of travel in the Fiero strut wouldn't a 12" springs be a bit over kill??

People get rid of the strut perch because of its large diameter. This gives people additional clearance for wider rims/tires.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of you who have done this,

When trying to make adjustments to the ride height, what keeps the threaded sleeve from rotating around strut body when trying to turn the collar?

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:
For those of you who have done this,

When trying to make adjustments to the ride height, what keeps the threaded sleeve from rotating around strut body when trying to turn the collar?

With the car jacked up and the spring unloaded it should be easy to keep the sleeve in place...
But imho, it is better when its sealed to the strut..

Originally posted by Fie Ro:
With the sleeves installed I filled the gap at the top with sealant to keep water and debris out

- it also keeps the sleeve from turning

couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Seanpaul:

Keep in mind that a 7" spring has an overall length of 7". The total distance between the coils might be around 3-4" (I'm guessing here, but I could check with the 7" ones I have). Put that on the car and drop the car down and the weight compresses it 2-3", so you have very little/no suspension travel before you coil-bind the spring. Very bad for the spring let alone the ride!

[This message has been edited by couldahadaV8 (edited 01-28-2010).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well on my way

350# spring rate, 12 inch long

------------------

Check out my build!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well I have some 7 in sleeves with the Adjuster nut (dose anybody have two of the screws that go into the adjuster nut? ill pay $$) and two 12 in 325LB screws Now is this all i need for the project ? i have two kyb struts as well Can i make coil-overs on the components I've mentioned with out the Coil-over upper strut mount offered by dave held ?
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well I have some 7 in sleeves with the Adjuster nut (dose anybody have two of the screws that go into the adjuster nut? ill pay $$) and two 12 in 325LB screws Now is this all i need for the project ? i have two kyb struts as well Can i make coil-overs on the components I've mentioned with out the Coil-over upper strut mount offered by dave held ?

Wow, a 325lb screw may be hard to find in the Fiero community... Might wanna try a ship yard
The set-screws on the adjuster nut can be found at HD/Lowes and maybe a Hobby Shop that specializes in R/C cars...

Think I am going to give this project a shot... Found the below coilover sleeves at Summit Racing for $20.00 each... May also look for the suggested Honda kit on ebay. If I go for the Honda kit, I will have two extra 5" sleeves available if anyone is interested...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AFC-20122-7/
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol i have the springs and everything accept for the little screw thanks for letting me know where to get it!!! i got it all at a local swap meet for less than 55$
ScotMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScotMacSend a Private Message to ScotMacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, i'm looking at doing this conversion. For the AFCO 20126 sleeve, does anyone know what hardware to get w/ it? ie, if i want 2 jam nuts and the top retainer, what should i get?

Thanks.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock