Started on: 06-24-2010 05:50 AM
Replies: 105 (2664 views)
Last post by: Blacktree on 12-04-2012 09:39 PM
tednelson83

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im interested in starting a fiero club in the LA area, and im trying to guage interest in such a thing.im thinking of hosting a BBQ/tech meet at my house if there is any interest. all interested parties please post up! and any ideas you may have are always welcome.

------------------

Wyotech Sacramento Alumni. ASE A6, A8, L1 and Certified. CA SMOG License.
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT 5-speed, 102k -Amber- been sitting for 10 years, the resurection has begun!
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 151,000 miles! decklid window, More pics of my 87 GT can be found here <-SOLD
1985 Pontiac Fiero 2m4 auto, 222K miles and counting <-recently lost to arson (6yo bro playing with fire) RIP!
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7L 4x4, 78K <-Ex. Daily driver -Lost to the repo man
A 4 year olds knowledge of science: No matter how much jello you put into a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
south side / west side? blue and red fieros both welcome?
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tednelson83

1993 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Originally posted by Australian:

south side / west side? blue and red fieros both welcome?

i am located on the northside, in the city of Santa Clarita, 30 miles north of downtown LA. that said, the meet location is flexible provided someone wants to host. only requirement for attendance is an interest in fieros.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tednelson83:

i am located on the northside, in the city of Santa Clarita, 30 miles north of downtown LA. that said, the meet location is flexible provided someone wants to host. only requirement for attendance is an interest in fieros.

Excellent bloods and crips all welcome just need a fiero. I would love to be there but haven't been to LA in 10 yrs.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 06-24-2010).]

indydriver

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whatever happened to FIEROSWEST? I thought that was the Los Angeles area Fiero club. Not that there isn't room for more than one club.
Johnny Smith

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-24-2010 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny SmithClick Here to visit Johnny Smith's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johnny SmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We already have a club...based off the oldest Fiero club in the United States...Fiero Owners Club of America FOCOA.

The Cali residents in FOCOA started Fieros West when Phil Huff left the Fiero World to work in Real Estate in NV.

http://www.fieroswest.com/

We also have our very own very high end club garage in Tehachapi, CA...formerly in Marina Del Rey, CA.

www.westcoastfiero.com

But hey, go ahead and start your own club...you'll be the only member just like your Solstice Club you started without ever owning a Solstice.

How can you be so dumb with this post??? You've been to our meetings and BBQs. Whatever you are smoking has fried all your memories.

[This message has been edited by Johnny Smith (edited 06-24-2010).]

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Johnny Smith:

We already have a club...based off the oldest Fiero club in the United States...Fiero Owners Club of America FOCOA.

The Cali residents in FOCOA started Fieros West when Phil Huff left the Fiero World to work in Real Estate in NV.

We also have our very own very high end club garage in Tehachapi, CA...formerly in Marina Del Rey, CA.

www.westcoastfiero.com

But hey, go ahead and start your own club...you'll be the only member just like your Solstice Club you started without ever owning a Solstice.

How can you be so dumb with this post??? You've been to our meetings and BBQs. Whatever you are smoking has fried all your memories.

Really? You thought it necessary to pour all this out in your sixteenth post?
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierowest is still around and strong. Some are coming out to San Diego on the 24th. Fieros of San Diego is hosting a BBQ on the bay. We had a drive up too Palm springs together and then went up to West Coast Fiero. http://www.fieroswest.net/
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

www.westcoastfiero.com

Wow, first off, since when is Tehachapi in La County? Last i checked that was Kern County.

Also, since when did Fieros West have regular meets and events aside from the 4 bbqs a month? I’m not saying i didn’t appreciate and support them, and excuse me for trying to start something else, and challenging your status as the only thing going on out here.

And as for my past club starting experience, why does it matter? And I’m not sure where you got your misinformation from, but the [url=http://westcoast.kappacarclub.org/]west coast kappa car club[\url] was and continues to be a very strong STATEWIDE, expanding, and active club. you are right about one thing, though i am the founder, was the vice president for 2 years, and put hours and hours of work into seeing that club become successful, i never did own one. However when you go back to school fulltime a brand new car is not really a priority.

None of that makes any difference, and i really had no interest in broadcasting that as it had no bearing on what i was trying to do. I happen to enjoy get-togethers, tech days, car shows and cruses. I guess it’s good that their website was updated this year...but I still see no mention of anything regular, local, or upcoming.

Look, i don’t want this to turn into a competition, or a pissing contest. If you’re not interested, then you’re not interested. I’m not going to hold a gun to your head and force you to participate.

I’m also not gonna sit here and insult your intelligence, or insinuate that you are an avid drug user, however, with 16 posts, i am going to ask you to think a little more before you start tearing down someone' thread.

[This message has been edited by tednelson83 (edited 06-25-2010).]

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tednelson83

1993 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Originally posted by indydriver:

Whatever happened to FIEROSWEST? I thought that was the Los Angeles area Fiero club. Not that there isn't room for more than one club.

this was my whole point. i am aware of that slub, and i am also aware that, at least in the past, it was very spotty in its gatherings. is there any reason that there cant be other clubs? i know one guy is VERY much not interested, and against what im trying to do, but im thinking that is only one person. am i wrong?
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Face it. cali has no clubs.
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Face it. cali has no clubs.

talk to rich up there. he is the president of the sac club. with those guys it helps if they see an interest otherwise they loose steam, and nothing happens. i can get you his info if you want.
Johnny Smith

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2010 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny SmithClick Here to visit Johnny Smith's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johnny SmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sspeedstreet - This is My 16th post under this handle, so I'll just ignore your comment.

Ted, I said Tehachapi was where our club Garage was, not where the club is located.

The LA club is very strong and we have meetings all the time.

Maybe you should figure out why you NEVER show up or show interest EVER.

I can't wait to see you at the next BBQ or meeting.

I don't care how many Fiero Clubs there are Ted...I was just saying we have a very active great club already that you don't contribute to at all.

[This message has been edited by Johnny Smith (edited 06-26-2010).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sspeedstreet - This is My 16th post under this handle, so I'll just ignore your comment.

Ted, I said Tehachapi was where our club Garage was, not where the club is located.

The LA club is very strong and we have meetings all the time.

Maybe you should figure out why you NEVER show up or show interest EVER.

I can't wait to see you at the next BBQ or meeting.

I don't care how many Fiero Clubs there are Ted...I was just saying we have a very active great club already that you don't contribute to at all.

Great way to welcome someone in.
Johnny Smith

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny SmithClick Here to visit Johnny Smith's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johnny SmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87antuzzi - Not welcoming him in? He is an old member who seems to think we don't meet.
This is due to his inactivity in the club, not due to the club being inactive.
Now he wants to start another club because HE NEVER shows up for any meetings with the established club in the LA area, which is the oldest FIERO CLUB IN THE WORLD.
Like I said, "I can't wait to see you at the next BBQ or meeting" (SOUNDS LIKE A WELCOME BACK TO ME).
So I will ignore your comment as well.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

87antuzzi - Not welcoming him in? He is an old member who seems to think we don't meet.
Now he wants to start another club because HE NEVER shows up for any meetings with the established club in the LA area, which is the oldest FIERO CLUB IN THE WORLD.
Like I said, "I can't wait to see you at the next BBQ or meeting" (SOUNDS LIKE A WELCOME BACK TO ME).

Yall coming up to norcal soon ?
Johnny Smith

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2010 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny SmithClick Here to visit Johnny Smith's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johnny SmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will be up for the West Fest in Reno next summer to hang out with Kym, John, Todd and the rest of the NorCal gang.
Cool pic of the Transport/Gunship shooting out a protective missile screen (Chaff).

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

if your attempting to be welcoming, its not working. your coming off as being very hostile. it is difficult to be active in a club when you live 400 miles from it. i have lived in SACRAMENTO for the last 3 years, so I'm sorry that you feel so neglected by me. i have in that time been quite active in the Sacramento fiero community. antuzzi is a friend of mine from that area, hell, i got him into the game.

as far as thinking you didn't meet, i never said that, i came to all 4 bbqs a year, but i never heard of anything else going on. if you look in the link in my second post, you can see that we had a club running for a short while, and while i was gone there was continued interest, but no activity. i am attempting to revive that. not all of us want to drive all over California for a club meet. San Diego, and Reno are fine, but what about bouquet canyon, sand canyon, lake hughes, and topanga canyon? how about the local cruse nights, and small shows meeting in places like the Valencia auto spa, or the route 66 grille's parking lot in this area? or regularily scheduled social meetings at round table? how about a simple tech day at someones house? this is the model i am looking into. i have helped start and run a very large club, but thats not direction i am heading with this one. this is a lot of what we had up in sac that is lacking in this area, or was as of 3 years ago.

I'm not saying that the longer "pack my bags and take a trip" runs aren't fun, but so is a Sunday drive, or a Wednesday night cruse night with the local hot rodders.

just because FW is the oldest doesn't necessarily mean it is the best, thats like saying the 84 fiero is the best one made cause it was here first.
WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Southern California (specifically) has seldom acted like any other clubs in the country. We aren't nearly regimented as most of the other clubs and thats okay with most of us. While we have had others just wonder outloud how we have lasted this long and others who have openly criticized Fieros West for "not having it together" the core group of members, have only laughed at them as we have for the last 20+ years.

So Cali has no clubs?
San Diego and Golden Gate would definitely have something to say about that and I'll let them correct 87antuzzi if needed.
And Johnny, FW was strong WAY, WAAAAAAY before Phil headed out to NV.

Fieros West's dilemma in LA is that LA is a big sprawling place. With members in the north like Santa Clarita, to the east out in Riverside, to the south in San Pedro, Irvine and Long Beach we are a very spread out. If we have a morning breakfast at Signal Hill its going to be a drive and a half for someone. Moving things around has only had limited success at best.

So if someone wants to start another club the way and location they believe it would be best, then more power to them. San Diego started that way. Tired of driving up to LA for any of our stuff, they started their own stuff and very successfully I may add. They have a good time without having to drive 2 hours each way for every event and Fieros West has always been happy to have them as southern neighbors.

And as for someone being in a club, starting a club or even running a club without having a car, the argument comes up short. Keith "Fiero Doc" Huff went many years as a VERY active member of the club before he got his Fiero. If someone really wants to put the time and effort into organizing or helping a club then they are a valuable commodity. Those who knock them may not really be able to appreciate the energy that goes into setting things up for a club.

As you can see from my reg date and number of posts, I'm not nearly as active as some on this forum. There are many FW members that watch this Forum but choose not to entangle themselves in some of the discussions here. So I wouldn't equate inactivity here on the Forum for inactivity in sunny, smoggy and sometimes shaky Southern California. Some of us just aren't huddled around our computers waiting for the snow to thaw out as much as others.

Fieros West exists. We just do. And we do it without a president, secretary, regular orderly meetings or agendas. We have an e-mailing list and great members who step up and make suggestions when they can and are willing to follow through. We did it before there was a PFF on the scene and after FOCOA left it. I, as former president of Fieros West am glad that we have not needed people to understand how we exist in order to have a great many adventures and good times as a car club.

Anthony

PS, Ted, good luck on the Santa Clarita Club or wherever it works best for the group up there.

[This message has been edited by WKDFIRO (edited 06-26-2010).]

sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't care if you ignore me or not. If you've been on for a while you have less of an excuse for acting like a dick when you respond.
PFF
System Bot
Johnny Smith

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2010 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny SmithClick Here to visit Johnny Smith's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johnny SmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK buddy real mature.
You just showed who the real "D" is here!!!
I'll just continue to ignore you.

Ted is always welcome and always will be, but you guys make up whatever you want in your tiny little heads!!!!
Do you think any respectable Fiero Group in Cali doesn't want a SMOG tech in their club!!???!!
Ted you never came to anything after West Coast Fiero Moved to Kern County.
THAT IS 100% your fault, not the club's. So put blame where the blame is due...with yourself.
You have no excuse as all meetings are posted on the website!!!
So stop crying and calling me hostile...that's just calling the kettle black.

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tednelson83:
. antuzzi is a friend of mine from that area, hell, i got him into the game.

And this is why i hate you .
sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK buddy real mature.
You just showed who the real "D" is here!!!
I'll just continue to ignore you.

Continue to ignore me? By sending me a threatening PM?

Look, I come on this Forum to learn more about my car and perhaps help someone else with a problem they might be having with theirs. I see a post from someone talking about starting a new club. I'm interested even though I'm a couple hundred miles away. I'm reading with interest and then get to your post.

Frankly, I get sick and tired of people taking a dump in other peoples topics. Usually I just move on, but yours just tripped my wire. Now you want me to drive to LA to "Say it to your face". Say what? That I thought your response was uncalled for?

Wow, them's fightn' words, all right.

BTW, what was your "handle" before?
Johnny Smith

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2010 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny SmithClick Here to visit Johnny Smith's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johnny SmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then don't call me names SSpeed.
I won't ignore you anymore...I promise.
Relax!!! For the love of the Fiero man!!!!
Whatever I did to lash out at you and evoke such an emotional response, I am so sincerely sorry from the bottom of my heart.

Ted we wondered where you had disappeared to.
We talk about you all the time.
But I see you were getting your certificates in school.
Congratulations.!
Check the website...we meet at different locals and members houses and car shows and cars and coffee and such.
We'll see you at the next meeting in your "new" Fiero.
Welcome little Fiero Brother...we thought we had lost you to the Solstice car circuit for good, with your Fiero!
indydriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to be very careful here and try not to pick a side (there seems to be several). I drive my Fieros around Los Angeles allot. But I can go months without seeing another. It gets very lonesome out here. So I decided to seek out the only L.A. Fiero club I've ever heard of, Fieros West. I tried to locate a Fieros West website through Google. The first hit is FERO-WEST-NET. Notice the "i" in Fiero is missing. And the first 2 sentences are "West Coast Fiero. Fiero Performance Parts Specialists". So I did not click on it or read any further. I see now that I should have. I would have found the website. BTW, West Coast Fiero offers no link to Fieros West that I could find. Now I've found through this topic that you guys are still around. Great! The website tells me that I missed a BBQ at West Coast Fiero back in April. I used to attend those BBQ's fairly regularly when they were in Marina del Rey. And I'll eventually make it up to Tehachapi. But I was looking for something a little more local and more frequent than the BBQ's. So I guess I need to get on the aforementioned mailing list to find out where you guys meet up for a cup of coffee or a burger now and then. As soon as I'm done here I'm going to contact "admin@fieroswest.net" for info on joining. But if you'd like a few Fiero owners to show up for coffee or whatever, members or not try posting your outing on Pennock's maybe 24 hors in advance and see what happens.
Best regards to all.
indydrive in L.A.
Johnny Smith

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2010 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny SmithClick Here to visit Johnny Smith's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johnny SmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What TWO SIDES????
Do you own a MR2???
Is that the other side? Owning the Toyota that was the Fiero competition?
There are no sides, just Fiero guys and gals.
There are a few loose cannons on here, but they have no say in Fieros West or WCF.

I put a link to both websites earlier in this post.
Why did you have to do all that searching?
Our webmaster is currently rebuilding the site and a temp page is up for the moment (hence the FERO MS).
The WCF website will post our big semi-annual meets such as West Fest and Thunder on the Mountain this August.

Please join, we are very informal and you will see lots of good people you already know, and lots of new faces you will want to meet.
YOU can post whatever you want on Pennock's regarding the meetings.
We post through the website and you get e-mails regarding the event.
If you want info, join the club...it is that easy.

TED...Thunder on the Mountain in August. Call Chris West and reserve your spot. We can't wait to see your "new" Fiero(s).

[This message has been edited by Johnny Smith (edited 06-27-2010).]

sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then don't call me names SSpeed.
I won't ignore you anymore...I promise.
Relax!!! For the love of the Fiero man!!!!
Whatever I did to lash out at you and evoke such an emotional response, I am so sincerely sorry from the bottom of my heart.

Probably a generational thing. No problems at my end.
indydriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What TWO SIDES????
Do you own a MR2???
Is that the other side? Owning the Toyota that was the Fiero competition?
There are no sides, just Fiero guys and gals.
There are a few loose cannons on here, but they have no say in Fieros West or WCF.

I put a link to both websites earlier in this post.
Why did you have to do all that searching?
Our webmaster is currently rebuilding the site and a temp page is up for the moment (hence the FERO MS).
The WCF website will post our big semi-annual meets such as West Fest and Thunder on the Mountain this August.

Please join, we are very informal and you will see lots of good people you already know, and lots of new faces you will want to meet.
YOU can post whatever you want on Pennock's regarding the meetings.
We post through the website and you get e-mails regarding the event.
If you want info, join the club...it is that easy.

TED...Thunder on the Mountain in August. Call Chris West and reserve your spot. We can't wait to see your "new" Fiero(s).

Gosh Johnny! MR2? No sides? If there are no sides then what are you so upset about? I've been search for your near non-existent club for about 6 months now! I saw this topic about a new Los Angeles Fiero club and my first post (just before your first post) was to inquire about the status of Fieros West. My Google searches for Fieros West have been over the past 6 months. After I read your first post with the links I went back to Google and found my error in not clicking on "FERO-WEST-NET". And then your posts go on to rag on Ted and sspeedstreet. Sounds like sides to me. Are you the official spokesperson for Fieros West?
Anthony, you say the is no longer a President, Secretary, etc. in the club. So who handles new member inquiries? Please tell me it's not Johnny Rotten 'err Smith. It's beginning to sound like you're just a bunch of guys whe used to have a Fiero club but now just have a mailing list.
Disappointed in L.A.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to stay out of this one but... I'm representing too.

Sorry about the website folks... It's been down for awhile now.. I'll ask Ken to work on it though I know he's really been busy lately. The last get together was actually last month ( end of May) I believe... and I LOVE my BBQ ribs and chicken.. We had all the sides and everything. There was even a little car clinic in the driveway going over some new fog lights.... I'm sorry that everyone who wanted to go missed it. It is by emails now because of the website...

admin@fieroswest.net "IS" CORRECT... or email me unboundmo@sbcglobal.net

The next gathering with be a cruise down to San Diego BBQ in the bay __July 24th__10am till whenever.. Looks to be killer... I still need to get a head count for who's going up in my neck of the woods to tell them how much food we need...

P.s. I know how it is to be out in the boonies.... 1 hour and 15 minutes to Signal hill... But it's a great group of friends and it's great to get out of BFE. The gatherings have always been fun and relaxing... Local Fieros are cool to have around too... I found one recently and he was looking for a club too. -- Hint - another thread for Locals in Fontana

http://www.fieroswest.net/

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 06-28-2010).]

85GT3.4Track4spdCar

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-28-2010 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GT3.4Track4spdCarSend a Private Message to 85GT3.4Track4spdCarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gentlemen,
Allow me some historical clarifications; Fieros West was started looooong BEFORE Fiero Phil left Sunny California for an even Sunnier Nevada. Heck, Fiero Phil was present at the inception (1st meet/Craig Park-Fullerton,CA.). It was there that we elected Nacho as our esteemed first President, waaaay back when, Nacho was the first of many great Leaders of Fieros West.
Thank you.
As for starting a car club without having the car: I've only owned a... legally registered to me Fiero... for less than six months TOTAL ever! But, have probably driven more Fieros than 95% of the people on here, just ask Anthony. So don't let not having a car stop you - but don't be surprised when they don't elect you as President.

That said, the club Fieros West, has consistently had great folk as members over the past 20+ years, and we have had many, many memorable activities, and trips - most recently being a big BBQ in Tehachipi. Now, you all are welcome to start as many Fiero Clubs as you like (the more the merrier, I hope) and I sincerely hope that your experiences are as fun as ours has been over these past 20+ years with Fieros West but; there will only be ONE club that can be considered the original, and it's in Southern California. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join, all we ask is you don't be a squid.
~'Just Keepin it real.
*For the record, I came up with the name Fieros West.

[This message has been edited by 85GT3.4Track4spdCar (edited 06-28-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I nominate PAULJK for your president. He would make a perfect president.... DECEPTIVE...

------------------

Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8 ~4T6OE
SmoothGT~II

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey everybody, i am officially resurecting the Fiero Club of Santa Clarita after several years in hiatus. i will be hosting a BBQ and tech day at my fathers house in Canyon Country, ca on july 17th, 2010.

for more info please see the club website: Fiero Club Of Santa Clarita

------------------

Wyotech Sacramento Alumni. ASE A6, A8, L1 and Certified. CA SMOG License.
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT 5-speed, 102k -Amber- been sitting for 10 years, the resurection has begun!
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 151,000 miles! decklid window, More pics of my 87 GT can be found here <-SOLD
1985 Pontiac Fiero 2m4 auto, 222K miles and counting <-recently lost to arson (6yo bro playing with fire) RIP!
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7L 4x4, 78K <-Ex. Daily driver -Lost to the repo man
A 4 year olds knowledge of science: No matter how much jello you put into a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey JOHNNY... How is the new engine running..?? Post some pics please sir....

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 06-30-2010).]

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85GT3.4Track4spdCar:

Gentlemen,
Allow me some historical clarifications; Fieros West was started looooong BEFORE Fiero Phil left Sunny California for an even Sunnier Nevada. Heck, Fiero Phil was present at the inception (1st meet/Craig Park-Fullerton,CA.). It was there that we elected Nacho as our esteemed first President, waaaay back when, Nacho was the first of many great Leaders of Fieros West.
Thank you.
As for starting a car club without having the car: I've only owned a... legally registered to me Fiero... for less than six months TOTAL ever! But, have probably driven more Fieros than 95% of the people on here, just ask Anthony. So don't let not having a car stop you - but don't be surprised when they don't elect you as President.

That said, the club Fieros West, has consistently had great folk as members over the past 20+ years, and we have had many, many memorable activities, and trips - most recently being a big BBQ in Tehachipi. Now, you all are welcome to start as many Fiero Clubs as you like (the more the merrier, I hope) and I sincerely hope that your experiences are as fun as ours has been over these past 20+ years with Fieros West but; there will only be ONE club that can be considered the original, and it's in Southern California. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join, all we ask is you don't be a squid.
~'Just Keepin it real.
*For the record, I came up with the name Fieros West.

Let me make this perfectly clear once and for all.

First FIEROS WEST was started by four people Me (Kooljess), Roy Benjamins, Keith Huff and Neal Huff.
Nacho came in a few years later. And yes yours truly was the first President of Fieros West of Southern California (that was our official name at the time) we renamed our club after Phil left the scene.

As Anthony said...we are a very different group of guys/gals (car club) we do not have a set date on having meetings. But, when we do have our GTG every club members wonder why we don't do this more often. Well, ya but some of us are busy doing things and we priorties (did I spell that correctly?). We did have our set time of meeting back in the days but things change. That doesn't mean our club is not together? Every event we go to even today they still regards Fieros West as the club to reckon with. Car shows and events Fieros West always wins the most member to attend that event. And yes we have our own pace on doing things. We've always been known to make an entrance. It is what it is. Live with it. Few people hate us (that's ok we just ignore it cuz we know who we are) and some really do like us. And for the people that do like us...they stick around and join in on our fun....and I think that is what Fieros West is all about. We help each other out when one of us needs help with their Fiero. We rag on our Fiero too.....hey, we know Fiero!!! You gotta have a sense of humor to drive Fiero. And so with that thought...Ted it's nice that you want to start another Fiero Club....you are still welcome to our beloved Fieros West and will keep you in our email list. To let you know what Fieros West is up to. It's nice to hear from you again brother. How is your Fiero doing? Let us know if we can help you in any way.

Next GTG will be in San Diego people!!! We've been invited by our southern bretheren. So let's show them what we can do as a group. Let us all go pillage the place...it's what we do...just kidding. Let's have some Southern California sun and hospitality!!!!

Amen,
Kooljess

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

www.westcoastfiero.com

Well, I just got off the phone with WESTCOASTFIERO... I think it was Chris West //not sure// but he said he has NO IDEA who you are..... I explained to him that you are linking yourself to them like you work there.. ALL you contact info. is directly linked to them... What are you trying to pull..??
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SMTHGT

1075 posts
Member since Mar 2010
ohh... did i say loud enough to hear in Cali..???

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 06-30-2010).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SMTHGT

1075 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Johnny Smith

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny SmithClick Here to visit Johnny Smith's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johnny SmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They don't just don't know my new handle...nice try SMOOTHGT.
You are a real Magnum PI.
I just talked to the Co-owner Steve Childers.
I told him about this and laughed and said, "F- them know-it-alls".
Then he told Chris and they both laughed!!!
OK will do Steve, I'm still laughing at you too!!!
I will keep working closely with WEST COAST FIERO and laugh at you buddy.
Nice try.
Johnny Smith

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny SmithClick Here to visit Johnny Smith's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johnny SmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Johnny Smith

85 posts
Member since Jun 2010
THX Jessie...Missed you at the last MOD party.
These K-I-As just refuse to accept the FACTS I posted about Fieros West and how we are informal and contact members THROUGH E-MAIL.
Keith Huff and Neal Huff (Neal is the original founder of FOCOA, Phil Huff took over operations) are just like I stated the founders of FOCOA and later Fieros West.
HEAR ME TX???
HA HA HA HA HA.
I'm laughing and all the K-I-As are now silent...the way they should be!!!

INDY stop being so disappointed and try being a little proactive in the club by getting on the E-mail list as I STATED EARLIER!!!!
Then maybe we will see you and those driveway Fieros we all have heard about and never seen.
HA HA HA HA HA

SMTGT...I'm still laughing at you trying to be Magnum PI.
Do you own a Red Mera by any chance???
HA HA HA HA HA

You guys need to Relax and try to learn something when an old timer like me gives you FACTS.
Laughing will help you get rid of that feeling of WRONG in your stomachs.

TED - Glad to see you are being proactive and getting the Santa Clarita group going.
Now be proactive and get on the Fieros West E-mail list so you can get some SOCAL members to your events and vise versa.

85GT3.4Track4spdCar - I stated TED never owned a SOLSTICE when he started that club and left the Fiero Club for a while....never said he didn't own a Fiero...I saw that gray GT in all its glory one too many times.
I even helped Ted get some parts for it. He wanted to copy my Pontiac Fiero GT Prototype and was always asking about it and checking it out.

HA HA HA HA HA...still laughing at SMOOTHGT. Magnum PI and his MERA!!! I crack myself up!

[This message has been edited by Johnny Smith (edited 06-30-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock