Does the 3800 have limp mode? by eph_kay
Started on: 09-02-2007 09:43 PM
Replies: 55 (1890 views)
Last post by: darkhorizon on 09-04-2007 02:07 PM
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have gotten to drive my 3800 fro the first couple times and I am wondering if the '00 computer FIERO FLYER tunned for me has a limp mode. After getting the harness and comp I removed the EGR, EVAP, and Boost Bypass so the codes I am getting I assume are from that, but would that cause the car to run in limp mode.

I have been reading about the n*s doing it and I remember reading about grand prix's doing it, but I am now wondering if my engine is doing it. Oh and I have driven it, but I haven't driven it fast, I barely think I have gotten past 2nd gear on the streets around my house. It just feels like it is laking something.

Chris
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok.. I am wrong...

good day

Loyde

[This message has been edited by FastFieros (edited 09-03-2007).]

Chicken McNizzle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loyde, you and Chris West need to go bowling sometime - you guys have ALOT in common among the free tech support in exchange for grief and aggrivation

------------------
Former West Coast Fiero Employee
www.WestCoastFiero.com

Eric Nelson
Internet Sales Manager
Power Ford Valencia
nelsone@autonation.com

eph_kay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have been a great help to me and I am sorry I havent been able to buy something from you. I first wanted to buy block off plates from you which you weren't making at the time, can't blame that on me, I was willing to pay for them. I have offered on many things I needed (coolant hoses, AN fittings) for you to sell them to me at a higher price for some profit, but you were to nice and told me where to get them elsewhere. Next the harness I am sure for the $950 for the harness and engine program I would have gotten great quatility, I just didn't have that kind of money. going with Fiero Flyer I got the same things, and pretty much what I asked for even though it wasn't quite correct, for about half that. And in my last email I said I would like to buy stuff because I had full intention of buying things from you when I figured out how much they cost and $200 for the coolant fill was more than I can allow when I might have to replace my whole transmission.

I am sorry I haven't bought anything I want to get the things I need to get just as badly as you want to sell the stuff to make a living, but you can't attack the ingnorance of an 18 year old who see's 2 products of the same calibur and chooses the one that cost half as much.

Chris
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris -
Take this as a lesson. Loyde is A+ in his knowledge of these swaps and saving a dollar now will probably lead to frustration and money spent later. I only spent a couple hundred on my first swap with him and he was a saint. That extra quality not only shows in the product, but the support. They are NOT of the same calibur as Loyde would easily answer this question for ya. I would suggest checking out clubgp.com, or using the search feature. Either that or work something out Loyde.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow Loyde, way to promote buisness
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Loyde

Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey loyde reach over here and jiggle my balls for $50, I'll buy a 3800 part.
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ive never talked to you on the phone and ive never e-mailed you while owning a l67 fiero, i might recall a few e-mails more than a year or so back maybe?
but i cant honestly remember the content of them, it might have been along the lines of ordering a pre fabbed harness, but nothing was out of line in my questions that would be causing you greif to go out of your way, to make a sale

i wish you and your buisness the best, but no reason to go on here trasing others
it may make you feel like the bigger man but in the end your being a douchebag
EDIT, nice to see you ditched out and edited your posts i should have quoted them

i have nothing against you loyde, ive never done buisness with you, but your not acting like a good buisness man

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 09-03-2007).]

Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Giving good customer service is a requirement, it doesn't make you the Pennocks hero.
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr.PBody

3172 posts
Member since Oct 2006
Haha nice save loyde I almost didn't buy anything because you didn't appologize. Or are you just worried other potential customers will see that and think you are a douche plugging for his site?

www.3800performance.com
PFF
System Bot
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont understand your post on this subject of 3800performance... I have sold Rob there some Fiero items... I have never purchased anything from there..

$Rich$ was someone that I had confused with someone else and I was wrong with what I said to him. His email and name are very close to another in SD, same was where he is from. My mistake however with him..

eph_key and I have exchanged many emails and he did offer some money, but I did not and will not except for just information. There is more to my thought process on this, but I see it is not worth the forums issue to deal with on that one.

thanks

Loyde

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I would of caught this thread, i was out with my car all night....

I would imagine most of the edited posts were about me in some way, mostly because I have little reason to talk up somone that is renown for his quality of work, yet I had to go over his work on all of the stuff that he sold to a local swapper (wiring harness melted and failed, and PCM not tuned correctly at ALL).
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:
$Rich$ was someone that I had confused with someone else and I was wrong with what I said to him. His email and name are very close to another in SD, same was where he is from. My mistake however with him..
Loyde

i know who your talking about,....but ill just leave it at that
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok looks like I also missed some thing here, how dare I spend some time with my kids before they go back to school. The 2000 GTP PCM that went along with your harness was programmed for the way the harness was made. The emissions kept as you repeatedly changed your mind on how the harness was to be made and it is much easier to remove then to add things onto a harness.
If you would like to send the PCM back to me I will remove all emissions codes from it at no cost and I will even cover your shipping costs.
All PCM's I do are not any where near what Lloyd does all I do is disable any codes that will cause problems in the swap, there is no performance enhancements of any kind and every PCM I do gets plugged into my 3800SC Fiero, terst driven and scanned for any problems before being shipped.
As for your question yes the 3800 PCM has a limp mode.
I am not looking to step on any toes or piss any one off, doing harnesses and full swaps is a hobby and as long as I can still enjoy them as a hobby I will continue doing strictly as a hobby. I try to keep my prices low as possible so the average person can afford to have a nice 3800SC powered Fiero.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that got out of hand quick. . . Man, loyde. . . you killed a guy. . . with a trident. . .

Joking aside,
Rich - (i'll watch my ratings bar flare up with this one) You didn't build your 3800, you went and bought it. Thats your candy, and fine with it, but unless you've built one of these setups, especially as nice as yours, the difficulty level goes way up. (now you could have built one previous, and fine with it, please prove me wrong) But when building these things, theres so much that goes into it, so much that is unknown and specific questions needing answered. I have yet to ask a question that Loyde doesn't know the intimate answer to. He's gone off on tangents with some wierd code stuff that I have no idea what he's talking about, but he does know it. For that, for me, as a paying customer, how is it fair for me to spend money and ask questions, consuming Loydes time, then for some random person who's never spent a dime, to ask him a question for an answer?

To make an analogy, Joe Shmoe goes into Best Buy, gets a $900 computer. They then spend hours on the phone walking him through how to install his old hard drive. Next Mary Dumb calls up asking "How do I install my old hard drive into my new computer?" Wanna guess the first thing they're going to ask? "Did you get the hard drive/computer through us?" I promise you. Now fault for Loyde for not taking $$ for information, but still. I just understand he's frustrated with this guy calling up all the time. Now eph_kay said he wanted to buy something, but guess what, he never did. Imagine if Mary Dumb started bashing best buy "I've never spent a dime there, but their customer service for the same stuff I bought at compusa sucks!" She was never a customer, niether was eph, he said it himself, "I couldn't justify spending half for the same" Well he's realizing now, its NOT the same. Loyde has more backing on his products.

At the same time, Loyde, could probably have stayed out. Let eph's search of knowledge, and fiero flyer's lack of being able to give it to him speak for itself.

I see both sides, but I also don't see why every one is so quick to bash a guy trying to make his life off fiero's and not getting upset when people demand free tech support.

Edit: I'm glad fiero flyer could step in and give you your answer. Like I said, if you bought a hard drive through best buy, don't expect to go to Compusa and have them support it. + to you flyer.

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 09-03-2007).]

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Random Task nice blowing LLoyd's horn but he really is fully capable of doing that all by him self, you do not know me or the work I do so watch your mouth. I spend many hours helping people that I have never sold any thing to and fully warranty every thing I sell. I answer all questions and emails as fast as I am able and from what I can see i also know a lot more about Fiero swaps than you think you do. it is guys like you who blast off their mouths praising one person and insulting another you know nothing about. It will also be loud mouth idiots like you that push me towards saying the hell with it and stop making harnesses and doing swaps for others. My advice to you is stop and think if you can before posting **** like this.
As for Lloyd I have no problem with him or his work what so ever from my experience he is a nice guy who does great work. Dan
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:
Rich - (i'll watch my ratings bar flare up with this one) You didn't build your 3800, you went and bought it. Thats your candy, and fine with it, but unless you've built one of these setups, especially as nice as yours, the difficulty level goes way up. (now you could have built one previous, and fine with it, please prove me wrong) But when building these things, theres so much that goes into it, so much that is unknown and specific questions needing answered. I have yet to ask a question that Loyde doesn't know the intimate answer to. He's gone off on tangents with some wierd code stuff that I have no idea what he's talking about, but he does know it. For that, for me, as a paying customer, how is it fair for me to spend money and ask questions, consuming Loydes time, then for some random person who's never spent a dime, to ask him a question for an answer?

you sir are correct, i didnt build my current car, altho... i have built a nice clean small block swap in the past

i was looking to build a L67 car and i did some research on gathering parts,ect... but i decided that right now in my life i wasnt ready for another serious project,
and i found that i could buy the car that i wanted for about half of what it would cost me to duplicate it, and not have any labor involved in it
so that is what i chose to do

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
86 GT SC 3800 Intercooled
02 Jetta 1.8t

$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

$Rich$

14575 posts
Member since Dec 2002
sorry for your thread going down the shitter Chris
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, this was really between me and Scott ( DarkHorizon )...

Chris ( eph_kay ) just has a problem that I was using as another way to exploit DarkHorizon hidden agenda in being mister cool 3800 know it all, when in fact he knows only what maybe he learned from the ONE 3800 he managed to install to his Fiero.

As to all the posts he continually makes about installing intercoolers, programming PCMs, installing 3800s as manuals and then converting them to automatics.... it just goes on and on... IF he did not make his little remarks about me along the way, I could care less about how he wants to deceive other people.

PFF is 80% DIY.... I would say that 40% of that DIY are first time people getting into engine swaps, and those people are also most likely new people to the Fiero community. I feel sorry for those that dont know who has the real practical application skills, and those that purely read hundreds of posts or worse, send emails in the background to other people asking for the answer to questions, then posting those answers like they really know something about it.

I went back to Scotts emails he sent me in 2006, and I answered a few. I knew he would never spend a dollar with me, but I still helped. Then he called several times and that got out of hand on how much he wanted to know by phone and take up all my time I should be working on paying customers. Then I happen to go over to http://www.3800pro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6523 and I see questions that he ask there, get the answers, and then come back over to PFF and try to be like he personally installed/did this to his own install, or someone else’s…

Everyone chill out and I will just sit back and read like I have been for several months now and work on my customer projects. I am just tired of Scott running me down when he used me as a resource, and then uses other forums to make himself out to be something he is not. I was wrong what I said to $Rich$ I see, and I remove that remark.. Pbody, I have no clue who is, and maybe I never will..

To Dan… as I have seen he does try to help people and builds a harness that certainly will start the engine and get the car running on a budget.. As has been posted even here on PFF by previous customers I have tried to get to everyone I can, but fail in some ways to not full fill a project to the end. Like building the wiring harness for everyone. I hate myself for that. Then someone would think I am trying to rip someone off… that is certainly not the case. I just try to help to much.

Thanks

Loyde

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all I have to say is wow, so many things that are just blatantly wrong I don't want to respond.
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:

Ok, this was really between me and Scott ( DarkHorizon )...

Chris ( eph_kay ) just has a problem that I was using as another way to exploit DarkHorizon hidden agenda in being mister cool 3800 know it all, when in fact he knows only what maybe he learned from the ONE 3800 he managed to install to his Fiero.

As to all the posts he continually makes about installing intercoolers, programming PCMs, installing 3800s as manuals and then converting them to automatics.... it just goes on and on... IF he did not make his little remarks about me along the way, I could care less about how he wants to deceive other people.

PFF is 80% DIY.... I would say that 40% of that DIY are first time people getting into engine swaps, and those people are also most likely new people to the Fiero community. I feel sorry for those that dont know who has the real practical application skills, and those that purely read hundreds of posts or worse, send emails in the background to other people asking for the answer to questions, then posting those answers like they really know something about it.

I went back to Scotts emails he sent me in 2006, and I answered a few. I knew he would never spend a dollar with me, but I still helped. Then he called several times and that got out of hand on how much he wanted to know by phone and take up all my time I should be working on paying customers. Then I happen to go over to http://www.3800pro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6523 and I see questions that he ask there, get the answers, and then come back over to PFF and try to be like he personally installed/did this to his own install, or someone else’s…

Everyone chill out and I will just sit back and read like I have been for several months now and work on my customer projects. I am just tired of Scott running me down when he used me as a resource, and then uses other forums to make himself out to be something he is not. I was wrong what I said to $Rich$ I see, and I remove that remark.. Pbody, I have no clue who is, and maybe I never will..

To Dan… as I have seen he does try to help people and builds a harness that certainly will start the engine and get the car running on a budget.. As has been posted even here on PFF by previous customers I have tried to get to everyone I can, but fail in some ways to not full fill a project to the end. Like building the wiring harness for everyone. I hate myself for that. Then someone would think I am trying to rip someone off… that is certainly not the case. I just try to help to much.

Thanks

Loyde

I am pretty sure he will remove this post too, so Ill save it.

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No.... no reason to remove that.. it is about you...I emailed you privately first to stop your crap about me on PFF and you basicly told me no... see you on PFF... your a POSER behind the keyboard. People who post one way on one forum > http://www.daddyfadiracing....be7434de4b430c88d05a

Go to another forum and ask questions because you do not know, do not understand, and then come here and post... like this >> //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/084614.html

[quote] all of the IC installs I have done/seen have just used a chunk of clear tubing running vertical to the ground, an inline filler t somewhere around the highest point of the system, usually near the inlet of the pump.

I dont remember doing anything with the "overflow" on my intercooler setups, so I would imagine that you can just disconnect that and have any "overflow" vent to the ground.

Most systems I have setup use a coolant T fitting, and a length of hose stretching above the highest point of the system. A "ice box" setup is not usually needed, unless your doing something that could benefit greatly from it.
[/quote]

Lets see some pics.. this is the day and age of get the camera or video on Utube or better PFF... educate us with all your installs... Scott....

I can back up my installs http://www.fastfieros.com/projects

Loyde

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FastFieros

2698 posts
Member since Nov 2000
And here is the one that finally pushed me to far Scott.... //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/083833-2.html

Loyde also neglects to mention failures he has, I imagine it has somthing to do with trying to keep a reputation, when his reviews from most anyone that has dealt with him was bad.

Lets see this proof you have of my failures... give me a phone number or email address and I will personally deal with my failures and find the real truth... I am the one that spent money with Kinsler Fuel Injections for the testing on fuel pumps to know what works with what and what are the limits. In that fuel pump thread the performance fuel pump I use for IC stage 2 and 3 installs I do is even mentioned. That fuel pump is very quiet and has very good ratings up against the walbro 255... they are all good pumps... back in 2001-04 it was more difficult to get reasonable priced things.. you come along in 2006 and all the sudden you think installs can be $1500 turnkey.. Well, I would say maybe $2500 on the low side, but $5500 if you get all the things I put into it, but you are still short on workmanship unless you have done a few PERSONALLY and not just read about them.

Loyde
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could care less to validate myself, anyone here that knows me, knows I have close to 20 videos of my fieros doing EVERYTHING from running 12's, racing circle track, doing some 0-90 runs, and COUNTLESS pictures of my parts I have manufactured. I have proven twice now that doing a manual or auto swap, could EASILY be done for less than 1500 bucks.

I found that this year my time was better spent doing 3800 swaps into cars other than fieros, but there are a few fieros in the wings for the winter that will come around for swaps.
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I could care less to validate myself, anyone here that knows me, knows I have close to 20 videos of my fieros doing EVERYTHING from running 12's, racing circle track, doing some 0-90 runs, and COUNTLESS pictures of my parts I have manufactured. I have proven twice now that doing a manual or auto swap, could EASILY be done for less than 1500 bucks.

I found that this year my time was better spent doing 3800 swaps into cars other than fieros, but there are a few fieros in the wings for the winter that will come around for swaps.

All talk and no proof... you were so proud in the past...

No updates to this mess?

Loyde

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nope
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

12279 posts
Member since Jan 2006

my car, and my friends manual swap that I setup with him, after doing my swap.

Most of those are old, because I could care less about flaunting my piece of junk that I tossed together with spare change literally. My auto swap is fun, but I just like driving it to and from school, it was just a daily driver project for me. I did alot of the technical work on the manual swap, and I worked on it with my friend for almost every second he worked on it, every idea and technique was mine, and mine alone due to my experience and resources. My friend, Justin, prefers not to post here, and is very good with cars, and technically has alot more fiero particular experience than I do, as he has owned 2 for 3 years, compared to me only having one for a little over a year.

My friend likes to play with his, so he does crap with it like this, where everything I have done and suggested has held up perfectly such as mounts, wiring, mounting, routing, it just happens that 4speed transmissions did not share my ambition.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/065409.html

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/065757.html

OK, I am done, as I really dont care.
toadson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toadsonSend a Private Message to toadsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems many of us on the forum have gotten way too touchy. I have chatted numerous time with darkhorizon, and I wouldn't exactly call him a "know-it-all", or whatever you might have called him. He has done a few of these swaps himself and helped out his buddies on their swaps, and he just passes along some info that is good to know before i start my own L67 swap. As far as price goes, it all depends on how creative you can get and what deals there are to be found. Im picking up an L67 with tranny, ECM, wiring and axles for $600 tomorrow that I heard run. It has 104k miles on it, but for the price you can't beat it. Im swapping this into an 88 coupe and I am planning on taking my time with it. I will make up a lot of my own brackets, and some of the info Scott has provided will help me in designing them. This forum is a place for everyone to share their ideas, use other peoples ideas and so on. Everyone as of late seems to be focused on the fact that other people steal their ideas and then dont give them credit. What can you expect when you provide detailed info, along with pics, in a forum that anyone can publicly view? Yes, people will steal your ideas, but you will end up using someone elses ideas as well. The only swap I have ever done in a Fiero, was a 3.1 V6 from a 1990 Lumina. I really had no idea what I was getting myself into, but with the help of the forum members I was able to get it installed, wired, and running. It still has a few small quirks today, but it can make it from Point A to Point B no problem. Another swap I did, was install a 97 Camaro dash, along with the gauges. I never would have thought of swapping in a Camaro dash until I had seen others swapping in a Firebird dash, which was the same size as the Camaro dash. In doing so, I used a wiring diagram that JScott provided on the forum to wire up my gauges. What I'm trying to say, is that others peoples ideas can give you some ideas of your own, which you might pass on to more forum members. Whether or not someone has done X amount of swaps doesn't necessarily matter if they are providing solid information. I know a lot of things about different Fiero swaps, but havent done them myself. People learn through reading too, not just doing. Remember, this is a public forum and you have to take everything with a grain of salt. It is still in my opinion one of the best places to find Fiero related information, and will always be a valuable resource.
yellow fever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow feverSend a Private Message to yellow feverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
resolving the matter

[This message has been edited by yellow fever (edited 09-03-2007).]

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
.... resolve...

Loyde

PFF
System Bot
yellow fever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow feverSend a Private Message to yellow feverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hopefully resolved

[This message has been edited by yellow fever (edited 09-03-2007).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
post editing should be disabled after 5 mins.
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

post editing should be disabled after 5 mins.

Its called people resolving there personal differences in private emails like I tried to with you Scott.. I had no problem with Rob B... I made a mistake in his email address with $rich$... when $rich$ posted I was sitting there thinking it was Rob B... I realized my MISTAKE and removed the remarks.... $rich$ decided to call/email Rob B and make a big deal out of something that was NOTHING to start with because it was not directed to Rob B, only to a remark that was made IF it was Rob B. The remark I made was to $rich$ if he had been who I thought he was...

Rob B… my public apology to have said what I said, but it was in remarks of $rich$ of which there was mistaken identity. Too bad he called/emailed you about it. Howvever in good faith, your PCM reprogramming that is up coming is 100% free, and I will even cover the return shipping.

As to you Scott.. based on your emails, I see no resolve... only to expose the poser you are. You sit there at your keyboard and enjoy the drama.. read over at all the other forums and look at all the pretty pictures, and come here to the unknowing that you are the install guy that you are really not....

Loyde
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FastFieros

2698 posts
Member since Nov 2000

Originally posted by toadson:

It seems many of us on the forum have gotten way too touchy. I have chatted numerous time with darkhorizon, and I wouldn't exactly call him a "know-it-all", or whatever you might have called him. He has done a few of these swaps himself and helped out his buddies on their swaps, and he just passes along some info that is good to know before i start my own L67 swap. As far as price goes, it all depends on how creative you can get and what deals there are to be found. Im picking up an L67 with tranny, ECM, wiring and axles for $600 tomorrow that I heard run. It has 104k miles on it, but for the price you can't beat it. Im swapping this into an 88 coupe and I am planning on taking my time with it. I will make up a lot of my own brackets, and some of the info Scott has provided will help me in designing them. This forum is a place for everyone to share their ideas, use other peoples ideas and so on. Everyone as of late seems to be focused on the fact that other people steal their ideas and then dont give them credit. What can you expect when you provide detailed info, along with pics, in a forum that anyone can publicly view? Yes, people will steal your ideas, but you will end up using someone elses ideas as well. The only swap I have ever done in a Fiero, was a 3.1 V6 from a 1990 Lumina. I really had no idea what I was getting myself into, but with the help of the forum members I was able to get it installed, wired, and running. It still has a few small quirks today, but it can make it from Point A to Point B no problem. Another swap I did, was install a 97 Camaro dash, along with the gauges. I never would have thought of swapping in a Camaro dash until I had seen others swapping in a Firebird dash, which was the same size as the Camaro dash. In doing so, I used a wiring diagram that JScott provided on the forum to wire up my gauges. What I'm trying to say, is that others peoples ideas can give you some ideas of your own, which you might pass on to more forum members. Whether or not someone has done X amount of swaps doesn't necessarily matter if they are providing solid information. I know a lot of things about different Fiero swaps, but havent done them myself. People learn through reading too, not just doing. Remember, this is a public forum and you have to take everything with a grain of salt. It is still in my opinion one of the best places to find Fiero related information, and will always be a valuable resource.

Toadson, I wish you all the best of luck in your install. I am sure you will enjoy the hours upon hours you will learn about putting the 3800sc to the Fiero. Pretty low post count you have. I dont recall the install threads about the dash stuff, but I am sure you must have posted lots of pics.

As to the hybrid installation issues of people doing what first... that is a laugh... people were putting engines in something it did not belong in/different long before even the oldest person on this Fiero forum... I was putting V8's in Vega's in the late 70's.. Did I invent that ? No way.. Don Hardy is the king of V8's to Vega's... Is Archie the first to install a V8 to the Fiero? I never really know this answer for sure, but i know one thing, he is still here today and still doing it. That makes him king V8 Fiero guy in my books.. Was I the first to put a 3800 to Fiero? no way... I dont even think ACE was either. However, I know one thing, me and WCF are still here today and installing 3800s to Fiero from back in the earlier years. 2008 is my 10 years of Fieros.

As to learning via reading... sure... book smart is a great thing.. and along the way during the practical application you all the sudden find mistakes to what was wrote in those books. Why? Those postings are wrote by people. People make mistakes. Computers make mistakes because people program them...

Until you do it, you have not done it.

Loyde

toadson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toadsonSend a Private Message to toadsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did in fact start a thread about my dash swap. I only took a few pictures, and I didn't document much at all. Why? Nobody seemed to have any interest in the swap, so I quit updating it. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/080682.html
So are you trying to tell me that pictures are everything? You seem to only care about using pictures as proof. I was going to start a thread on my L67 install, but it seems kind of pointless when theres already a ton of them out there. Just because someone didn't take hundreds of pictures or start a build thread doesn't mean they haven't done it.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
loyde, I dont think you can comprehend how GIANT an ass you are making of yourself right now.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

loyde, I dont think you can comprehend how GIANT an ass you are making of yourself right now.

In whose eyes? I do not have a dog in this fight, but it is humerous none-the-less (someone pass the popcorn ). I must say that if I were Loyde, I'd respond about the same.

IMHO, you seem to attack and discredit his worth and effort to the SC3800 Fiero community when he offers advice, yet when he ask you to show where he's damaged someone's swap, there is nothing presented. You also make it sound as if he is rampant in his incompetence.

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 09-03-2007).]

SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loyde took care of me and spent many hours on the phone to which I tried to compensate him when ever I needed something mailed out I tried to toss in a few extra bucks, even when he tried to say it was free.

That is Loydes biggest problem,, he is to nice to folks and spends to much of his time helping which puts him way behind I have seen some of them who blasted him after he bend over backwards but they got pretty pushy on his time. Keep up the good work Loyde. Rick
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really don't like getting involved with posts that go bad like this one but it seems I got dragged into it.
Lloyd we have had no problems what so ever with each other or atleast not that I know of.
darkhorizon I have sat quiet for too long, for the longest time you were kissing up to me e-mailing me quite often asking for info and trying to get me to send my over flow to you. I had no problem with this although I did not appreciate seeing you trying to come off as some kind of 3800 Guru using other peoples info, because you are far from it. Your work from what I have seen is butcher work at best you take every short cut possible and brag about how fast you get things done. You are basically a parott that just repeats what ever you hear with no concern what so ever if the info is correct or not.
At this point I would reccomend you shut your mouth and stop your fingers from typing any more crap before you make any more of a fool of your self. Dan
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock