Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Landscaper Under Fire for Refusing to Work for Gays (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Landscaper Under Fire for Refusing to Work for Gays by blackrams
Started on: 11-11-2006 03:14 PM
Replies: 644 (7161 views)
Last post by: F-I-E-R-O on 12-06-2006 03:00 PM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

But you can't use that as an example.. One group hates, the other group are the hatees.. They did nothing 'wrong' (ya ya, I know). The other group advocates hate. It's exactly the same as saying "If you won't let a black into your restaurant, will you let the KKK in".. Same thing.

How does the color of someones skin relate to who they have sex with?
Wearing a sheet or a rainbow hat is a choice. You have to choose to put it on. Pushing your views on to others is the issue, not what those views are.
Plus I do see a little hate in the responce to the origanal e-mail, I also think it could have been a setup. Its pretty clear on the website what kind of people the landscapers are, it would have been easy to just choose another and move on. Live and let live.
IP: Logged
JohnnyK

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not about choosing who you have sex with, it's about not being able to help who you fall in love with.
PhatMax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW...what a blazing thread. Heres a good one....the best thing about gays is that they cant reproduce. True we are not the ones to judge if it is right or wrong...only God can and will do that. We are all sinners. The landscapers can do business with whoever they want. They kept the comments between them and the gay couple. They didn't spread it all around the internet. There shouldn't even be a discussion about this.
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2006 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BigBoyToys:

84Bill.....This post is not in regards to your stand on the issues regarding this subject...it is in regards to your lack of Civility and how you repeatedly BULLY your opinion upon others!

Go jump in a lake.

PoorBill...Time to go take a long look in Mommy and Daddy's mirror!

Come back to cilvility!

With all due respect (as little as that may be) Please get back on your meds Bill!

BBTs

Sorry jackass but you didn't pass the civility checkpoint yourself.. Whats the problem BBT's? Got a balloon mortgage, 5 credit cards, 2 auto and 3 misc payments and its getting the better of you?

Take your anger out on someone more deserving of it like your wifey and kiddies.

And before you go crying foul... take a good hard look at yourself and what you write.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 11-15-2006).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2006 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by jstricker:
Bill, you have no right to speak for anyone but yourself. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

No actually I have VERY good reading comprehension. Apparently you have a problem differentiating between what you are and what you say and do.

Oh and lastly.. I WAS SPEEKING for myself. That was my opinion and it may be changing... I duno.. wanna help me with that problem?

When somebody takes the time to write a response to something I've posted, I take the time to read it and try to understand it and have to assume that since it DOES take some time to formulate the thoughts and write them down they meant it.

Hey bud... it's not the first time I've jumped both feet into a post and it certinly isnt yours either so... put a pipe in it ok?

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2006 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Liar... I though you said you were leaving?

Goes to show you arent even a man of your word let alone gods word.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

It's not about choosing who you have sex with, it's about not being able to help who you fall in love with.

I'm flattered, but like I said before quit looking at my butt I don’t swing that way.

Falling in love with some one can also be a choice, it’s a matter of character. If you fall in love with the wrong person and you know it you can avoid those feelings and that person. It may seem like the hardest thing in the world but you can. But it is very hard to change the color of your skin and where you come from.
Lets just give it a break, your not wrong but neither am I have a good life and live how you want to just don’t try to force it on others.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2006 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
But it is very hard to change the color of your skin and where you come from.
Lets just give it a break, your not wrong but neither am I have a good life and live how you want to just don’t try to force it on others.

Let me axe you sumpin...

YOU SAY you are not able to choose your skin color but you CAN choose your lifestlye.. is that right?
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

Let me axe you sumpin...

YOU SAY you are not able to choose your skin color but you CAN choose your lifestlye.. is that right?

I can choose not to swing off of your nut sack.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2006 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can choose not to swing off of your nut sack.

LOL

Ok but your saying that LIFESTYLE is a choice.... right?

Isn't that what America was founded on? "Liberty" IE the freedom to choose?

If thats the case and AMERICANS are free to choose then they (the gays) are no more guilty of a crime than a black man is of being... well... black..

And the people who choose not to do business with them (gays or blacks) are "intolorant supremicists" only different in regard to those they are "discriminating" against.

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like the trashcan. whenever TOT gets too tame, too sentimental or saccharine, this is where i look for a little excitement.

what's that noise i hear? is it the sound of cats fighting over a bit of rubbish? raccoons, maybe? look at them, all claws and teeth and screaming, and for what? a scrap of smelly, rotten trash.

yup, trashcan is the proper place. cliff, you did good.

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL

Ok but your saying that LIFESTYLE is a choice.... right?

Isn't that what America was founded on? "Liberty" IE the freedom to choose?

If thats the case and AMERICANS are free to choose then they (the gays) are no more guilty of a crime than a black man is of being... well... black..

Sure they can choose, when did I say they couldn’t. If someone has a different lifestyle then why is one more important then another? If I choose not to participate in that life style why should I be prosecuted? If I want to raise my child with the same beliefs I have why is that wrong? If I choose not to mow your grass because you lead a lifestyle that conflicts with the way I have chosen to live my life why can you just let me be and find someone else to mow your grass?
I’m tired, its been a long day and this thread has put more stress on me then I would like to admit. Not that I care about what some landscape business or some homosexual couple felt they had to do but for what it did to some people that I felt I could call friend.
Live and let live has to go both ways or it wont work. You cant yell so loud about oppression that you don’t hear anything else. Let it go, I dont want to play anymore. I'm taking my balls and going home.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2006 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sure they can choose, when did I say they couldn’t. If someone has a different lifestyle then why is one more important then another? If I choose not to participate in that life style why should I be prosecuted?

You arent being prosecuted for not being gay.

If I want to raise my child with the same beliefs I have why is that wrong?

Well... thats your own choice and I won't argue with you about that.. but I will argue with them later on just like I am with you now.

If I choose not to mow your grass because you lead a lifestyle that conflicts with the way I have chosen to live my life why can you just let me be and find someone else to mow your grass?

But why refuse based on the sole reason of your (insert bias here)? If they are TRUELY free to choose a lifestyle and it is no more of a crime than a black mans skin then why are you choosing to prosecute a crime against them by refusing equal treatment?

I’m tired, its been a long day and this thread has put more stress on me then I would like to admit. Not that I care about what some landscape business or some homosexual couple felt they had to do but for what it did to some people that I felt I could call friend.
Live and let live has to go both ways or it wont work. You cant yell so loud about oppression that you don’t hear anything else. Let it go, I dont want to play anymore. I'm taking my balls and going home.

LOL

Go in peace.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2006 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by lurker:
i like the trashcan. whenever TOT gets too tame, too sentimental or saccharine, this is where i look for a little excitement.

For sure cant argue about that.

what's that noise i hear? is it the sound of cats fighting over a bit of rubbish? raccoons, maybe? look at them, all claws and teeth and screaming, and for what? a scrap of smelly, rotten trash.

One mans trash is another mans treasure. In this case the trash is very valuable but it depends on what you believe in. Tolorance or Intolorance. It's really that simple and it's really that important.

yup, trashcan is the proper place. cliff, you did good.

ABSOLUTLY!
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm kinda upset about that... not the heated discussion but the fact that is has caused you to abstain and alter your post.

I read it before you changed it and I thought it was a good post.

Thank you, but the discussion has gone beyond what can be considered rational thought, IMO.
I changed my post because I decided it would be viewed as an attack and as such could actually do the opposite of what I hoped it would do. That's why I changed it.

If attitudes are going to change over time, and I tend to believe they will, it will take generations - just like racial views. You never change many minds, you just wait for people who grew up with a predefined view of right and wrong to die off, and the next generation grows up with it's current view of right and wrong. Over the generations, the attitudes will change.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2006 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Good point.. I guess you did leave your mark on the wall and that is what matters most. I suppose I will walk away from this eventually... till then.. Let them be "viewed as an attack" because it's not an attack, just a point of reflection that they refuse to look at. Probably because it's not very pretty and I will never say it is... it's just right and that's all that matters.
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let me axe you sumpin...

WOW, just wow. I have read a great deal of this, and with your holier than thou attitude, you write something racist?

(In case you don't get it, you are making fun of Afican Americans)

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

WOW, just wow. I have read a great deal of this, and with your holier than thou attitude, you write something racist?

I don't get it..? Am I missing something. Where is he being racist?
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2006 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

No.. I actually talk and as evidenced write that way at times... Are you calling me a ******?
I don't think my "bwais" would appriciate it and I definatly don't.
If you knew anything at all about me... and you should if you even read anything other than that one post and took it way out of context.. you would not assume I were a racist. Far far from it holmslice. Lay off the cush casper.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 11-16-2006).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2006 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya know I'm re-reading this entire thread and I don't know how many time I said that people are entitled to their opinions.... I must have said that in atleast 1/2 of my posts..

I have never ever ever said "people are not allowed to express their opinions.. I have never (unless your moniker was Toddster) said "shut up" and even when I did I sure as hell know there was nthing I could do to enforce my demand.... So to me it's just silly to even try to shut anyone up.

Originally posted by isthiswhereiputausername?:

Why all the cut and pastes billy? trying to imitate cliff with his "stories"?

There are 2 sides here..

One side that want to prance up the road yelling "we promote free speech! we promote freedom of expression! so sit down and shut up while we express ourselves!"

and the other side who dont want to have their freedom of not putting up with gays making out everywhere they turn being taken away by "being politically correct" and raising their kids with morals.

isthiswhereiputausername? says ""we promote free speech! we promote freedom of expression!"" as if it were a bad thing... Well it's never a bad thing no matter what side of the issue you stand on. No one should ever be denied these basic freedoms EVER.

And thats why I love this quote..

"The freedom of opinion and the reasonable maintenance of it is not a crime and ought not to occasion injury." --Thomas Jefferson to Gideon Granger, 1801

And before anyone tries to whip this quote around and accuse me of being "abusive" and causing injury just try to keep this in mind.
If I call you an asshat it is my opinion but it will not hurt you unless you are an asshat. I'm just one person out of 10500.. does my one opinion count for that much? The way some people act you'd think I ripped their arms off... it's pathetic.

In that context
"It's easy to blame the sandspurr for your pain and allot harder to admit you were the one that stepped on it.
If you don't like barbs in your feet then it might be best to watch your step. You either accept it or you don't." - 84Bill

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2006 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been thinking about all this furore. I have considered my reactions. They have been clarified in my responses to the understanding messages from mant of the people I know,and have great affection for. Instead of re-typing it all again, I have decided to cut and paste a couple of the replies I have made to some of those people.Ihope I haven't transgressed any rules by so doing. I ask you to read them, and realise that they are a universal responsetoall here, no matter which side of the line they chose to stand.
Meanwhile, to 84Bill. I apologise for the way I have responded to you. For the tone of my posts, and the way I expressed them. I am not apologising for my view or opinion: I stand by them until the day I die.I think you are misguided in many of your ideals, but they are yours to hold and nurture.I believe I have said before, that I have found many truths and legitimate thoughts over the years, and regret that you chose to use a means of expressing them, that virtually condemned them to be ignored.That is a pity.Now the replies I said I would post here. I hope they will be read with understanding, and compassion for my weakness in lashing out in a manner I am not used to using
QUOTE:
...... Yes, I remember the thread with Patrick! I learned from you
then, as well as did Patrick..and thanks for that.
I love Pennocks, and have thrived on the chat, laughing, crying and support
which goes both ways, for the three plus years I have been there. It has,
with the kindness and advice from so many good people, helped me through the
loss of my Mother, the sickness of my dogs, the troubles which I , as
everybody else, encounter from and during day-to-day life.It has also given
me the chance to help quite a few people who needed it.For these things, I
am eternally grateful.
Unfortunately, the thoughtless, or perhaps misdirected stance 84Bill took in
that thread opened up an old wound that I have suppressed and ignored for
many many years. The scars re-opened, and the poison spewded out, much to my
current regret. However, it seems to have allowed me to begin healing, after
more than 50 years, for which I have an incongruous gratitude.
There are, in our modern-day World, too many liberties being allowed in our
Society, and they are all to the detriment of ALL our lives, although the
damaging fallout may take years to actually harm us, or our children, or our
childrens' children.I take it to heart..perhaps too much, but that is my
way. I care far more than I despise,or denigrate.
So, I may well have to eat humble pie, and admit I don't WANT to leave
Pennock's, a decision I took in the heat and pain which ran through me.
We will see.
Thanks for being a Policeman. I have an affinity for the Police..I used to
play rugby for my County's Police team for 5 years, even though I was never
a policeman.I subscribe to the opinion that ANY policeman, when treated with
respect, understanding of how and WHY he does his job, and a polite smile,
will let you go on your way, feeling safer and more secure than ever.
Bless you for your caring letter, and I have taken it to my heart.

Recipient Topic: Re: Landscaper Under Fire for Refusing to Work for Gays
Boondawg
11-15-2006 06:41 PM

Boonie. I just want to clear something up, if I may. I have not mentioned you, or your views, for a very good reason. Whether I agree with you, or you with me, is irrelevant. Social skills and public conduct are a critical part of maintaining a considered and insult-free discussion. Although I disagree vehemently with your views on homosexuality, you continue to be totally acceptable in your explanation of why you feel the way you do. You are invariably consistent in your views, and conduct.I have no problem AT ALL with you, and have some kind of affinity with you, as I have said before.
JohnnyK? I think he is a misguided, but lovable rogue.
Now we come to 84Bill. He has degenerated from a bumbling, somewhat incoherent , but forgivable fool. He has made points in the last three years that have a great deal of truth behind them, and yet buried them from sight under a tirade of insults, childish retorts and sarcasm.Name-calling. I have never considered reversing my positive vote for him, until a few weeks ago, when he posted a comment in somebody else's thread that went too far. I demoted him to a neutral, and told him of my action. He never acknowledged, defended or apologised for the totally crass and out of order comment.
It stayed on neutral until he began to rant and rave with sheer vitriol on a subject which, for many years I had steered clear of, for obvious reasons, if you read my earlier post about a 7 year old boy. Those things lay in my subconscious, for over 40 years, and may well have festered.The fester burst through, and caused me to behave in a way I am ashamed of.I sank to his level. Nothing praiseworthy in that. And I choose to apologise to you, in case you thought I was including you in my diatribe. I wasn't, despite my strong feelings which are probably stronger, and diametrically opposed, to yours.But, I have to admit, the release in being insulting back to him was nice, but not addictive.
Finally, Cliff has always made a point of how 'diplomatically restrained' he has been over personal feelings not causing him to take sides. His impartiality was torn to shreds in his actions, and the amount of fury in his attack on JStricker, although his name was not mentioned. It didn't have to be.I didn't want Stimpy around, during his nastiness on the Forum, yet he had his invitation to partake in the Forum ripped up and thrown in his face, for words and actions that PALE in the discontent, aggression and general oafish behaviour that 84Bill has sunk to.
Sometimes, even the most controlled, modulated and 'well-behaved' member of Society can have his buttons pushed over something which hits too close to home, causing an uncharacteristic outburst.Happened to me here.I make no apology for my stance and beliefs, any more than I expect YOU to.I spent a lot of time in tears yesteday, as the vivid picture of a man who molested me at the age of seven, suddenly appeared superimposed on my conception of what Bill looked like in a photo posted of him with the squirrel.All the rage, retribution and anger that has been buried for so long just erupted, and I no longer cared to modulate my words,or attitude, to conform with my concept of being an adult. How could it? The rage and fury, and hatred that had been subconsciously stored in my subconscious, exploded in the immature way that a seven year old could only muster in his pain.
I won't go on any more. just want you to know I still think you are a nice guy, even if your thoughts sometimes are contrary to mine.You still have that silly old plus I gave you yeas ago, and it won't change.
God Bless
Nick

QUOTE #2:

Nick Cann

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 11-16-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No.. I actually talk and as evidenced write that way at times... Are you calling me a ******?
I don't think my "bwais" would appriciate it and I definatly don't.
If you knew anything at all about me... and you should if you even read anything other than that one post and took it way out of context.. you would not assume I were a racist. Far far from it holmslice. Lay off the cush casper.

You are putting words in my mouth, and you can stop. My 14 year old nephew, who is an african american does not say axe for ask, and you, who are calling me a casper, I would think would not either. You are as white as me sir, and I do not appreciate that you again take to (trying) to slam someone. I was not drinking when I typed this.

We can debate, but stop the attacks. If you want to continue, take it to PM's, as I am done playing in the trash.

edit P.S. Thank you to whomever for the new vote! I was sick and tired of looking at 103 on my bar.

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 11-16-2006).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also believe living a ?gay? lifestyle is a choice. Not just because of my biblical/religious/learned beliefs. Nature dictates that it is abnormal. In the literal sense of the word not the judgmental sense.
Be that as it may, my wife is unloading her pre-marital home/property through a lease/purchase option. She is also christian in her beliefs. The tenants are gay and we did know it. No discrimination or prejudice here. To me, this topic is not about gay rights. Or the acceptability of anyone's life choices (on both sides of the discussion).
I still feel that one can and does have the right to refuse to do business with anyone and for any reason. Even if they are honest and give the reason. Even if it offends said persons. I can see the wrongs in the prejudicial hiring or leasing to someone. I can see wrongs in the particular interest up for discussion. Wrongs do not entitle people to 'rights'. I am sure that you have heard that one can not legislate morality. Or courteousness. Or legislate opinions. I do not believe they should be able to. It has not worked for abortion. I don't know where it ever has worked. Fact is, we are all different. We hang out with those that think like us. This extends to the point of government. Some countries choose to be a different way. It's called sovereignty. Yet some people think we should feel the same way they do .
Was this ?gay? couple deprived? No. Were they publically ridiculed? No. How were they harmed? They got there feelings hurt ? Remember that thread about kids baseball where they were starting to not keep score? Because it hurt their wittle feelings. What a bunch of crock. People need to get bigger nut sacks. It is simply not possible to pander to the feelings of everybody. Life actually is not fair.
Let's suppose that a ?straight? couple refused to allow a landscape company managed by ?gays? to mow their yard. Should they be forced to let them?

Originally posted by Boondawg:
And that seemed to be the point I COULD NOT get across.

This topic did cause me to reflect on my beliefs. I don't think anyone got a point across.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2006 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingPutts - MD:
You are putting words in my mouth, and you can stop.

Ohh... I see how this works. You can make baseless accusations that I'm a racist but I'm not allowed to put words in your mouth?

Okay.. got ya..

SNIP: Irrealivent, and you, who are calling me a casper, I would think would not either. You are as white as me sir, and I do not appreciate that you again take to (trying) to slam someone. I was not drinking when I typed this.

I see so you don't like being called what you are? What are you trying to be? Invisible?

Do yourself a favor and get a tan. While you're at it go to urbandictionary.com and difine your world.

We can debate, but stop the attacks. If you want to continue, take it to PM's, as I am done playing in the trash.

I'm not the one who statred the "attack" but then again I suppose you believe it's okay to have your opinions as to what an attack is but I'm not allowed to have mine?

Sorry buddy but that doesn't fly with me.

edit P.S. Thank you to whomever for the new vote! I was sick and tired of looking at 103 on my bar.

Your welcome.

And BTW your nephew is not "black" or even "african", atleast I don't see it that way.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2006 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

84Bill. I apologise for the way I have responded to you. For the tone of my posts, and the way I expressed them. I am not apologising for my view or opinion: I stand by them until the day I die.I think you are misguided in many of your ideals, but they are yours to hold and nurture.I

While I appriciate the sentiment I hardly believe you are apologetic.
What you said to and about me was extremely hateful and I am in no way deserving of that for any reason. As far as me being "misguided" you had better check your direction....You can believe whatever you want, I could care less but one thing is fir sure, someone has been wispering in your other ear.
You can take the path of the selfrigheous man with his clenched fist proclaiming words of hate and discrimination but I'm taking the high road on this one. As a "god fearing person" it seems you reserve the right to say that "god hates gays"... Okay.. I suppose you should know so go ahead and believe what you want.
Myself... I'm a heathen... I know it and god knows it too and there is no way I can hide from that.... aint no fig leaf big enough.

Good day Sir.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2006 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Now we come to 84Bill. He has degenerated from a bumbling, somewhat incoherent , but forgivable fool. He has made points in the last three years that have a great deal of truth behind them, and yet buried them from sight under a tirade of insults, childish retorts and sarcasm.Name-calling. I have never considered reversing my positive vote for him, until a few weeks ago, when he posted a comment in somebody else's thread that went too far. I demoted him to a neutral, and told him of my action. He never acknowledged, defended or apologised for the totally crass and out of order comment.
It stayed on neutral until he began to rant and rave with sheer vitriol on a subject which, for many years I had steered clear of, for obvious reasons, if you read my earlier post about a 7 year old boy. Those things lay in my subconscious, for over 40 years, and may well have festered.The fester burst through, and caused me to behave in a way I am ashamed of.I sank to his level. Nothing praiseworthy in that. And I choose to apologise to you, in case you thought I was including you in my diatribe. I wasn't, despite my strong feelings which are probably stronger, and diametrically opposed, to yours.But, I have to admit, the release in being insulting back to him was nice, but not addictive.

Your apology is officialy not accepted.

Further, I WILL admit to all accusations because I simply don't care. Weigh me and Judge me, you have that right.. Just remember one very important thing Mr. I do too and I do not have a problem passing or expressing them as I see fit.

I see "the release in being insulting back to him" which is why your apology is about as hollow as your head and your heart.

Yes, that was an insult and it does make me feel better. I'm not a Christian so I'm not compelled to forgive your tresspasses against me or to restrain myself in any way from stomping all over you if I wish. I don't hate you but I do hate what I see when I look at you and I will not hesitate to call you or anyone else on it. You are an ugly monster and one I see quite often. You are the "tool" and the handy work I see manufactured by the use of you is black and vile hatred. I'm not going to lie, I am vile and I spit hatred at times but I do retain in my core a love for all people. It never leaves me. My work is what I am, judged by you and others. I also judge myself very carefuly, I know where my boundries are set; by something that is within me I don't always understand.. I just step and know that where I step is always in the right place.

I don't see the sand spurr but I know it is there and when I step on it I do not blame it, instead I blame myself.
I don't need you or anyone else to correct me because you are equally as foulable but there is one who is not and I listen to it with all that I am. I look farward to the day when there is no more judgement... I want that so very much that at times it brings tears to my eyes. Till then I will press on and find whatever good I can in this wreched world. Though I do not accept your apology I do forgive you. Do not assume this means I will not lash out at you again if I see fit.. I may.. I may not however, we both will have a hand in determining that.

I will never forget you. I know you very well..... I know what you are and what you are saying because it is very clear.. crystal.

I'm done for now but you will be seeing me and my words again.. You have been served notice so I don't expect you to change your vote. I won't be changing mine anytime soon either.

I'm on this forum by the grace of the people but I live by the grace of something else.. I have no idea why or what.. I just do and thats enough reason for me..

leave me in peace.
I don't care where you go but if you show yourself to me again in this way... we will have words and I will not restain myself in my use of them.

Go.. or I shall taunt you a second timeah...

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
test
EDIT
This is not good Sucessfull, but not good. Time to undo.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 11-16-2006).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI for all of those who think they know it all: http://www.livescience.com/animalworld/061116_homosexual_animals.html
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pushing your views on to others is the issue, not what those views are.

And this is the most interesting thing I've seen you state... but a bunch of others state the same thing from BOTH sides.

Do the gays have the right to have written the emails... Response- They need to stop pushing their views on good Christians

BUT- The Christians in question were very much pushing their views about homosexuals... They link to a website attempting to outlaw gay marriage.

So WHO is pushing a choice? The gay couple... absolutely, the christian couple... also absolutely.

Say you are a follower of the classic god Ford and your bible says Fieros are an abomination against Ford. You don't feel that Fieros should be able to be registered for highway use because the Ford bible says Fords are First on Race Day and that Fieros will burn in the fires of hell. So you attempt to get laws outlawing Fiero registration... after all, Fieros are a choice.

A Fiero owner calls you up and wants their lawn mowed... you politely refuse because you can't support the Fiero lifestyle, matter a fact you have links on your website to a site you support trying to outlaw Fiero registration. The Fiero owners get a bit ticked off and email their friends and tell them not to do business with you.... Then the uproar spreads across the internet.
BigBoyToys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBoyToysSend a Private Message to BigBoyToysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott...very creative way of stating this delema.... many thanks...BBTs
BigBoyToys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBoyToysSend a Private Message to BigBoyToysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BigBoyToys

502 posts
Member since Oct 1999

Your apology is officialy not accepted.

Further, I WILL admit to all accusations because I simply don't care. Weigh me and Judge me, you have that right.. Just remember one very important thing Mr. I do too and I do not have a problem passing or expressing them as I see fit.

I see "the release in being insulting back to him" which is why your apology is about as hollow as your head and your heart.

BBTs ROFLMFAO.... PoorBill And you thought that apology was to you .....not even close ....here's a clue...everyone but(t)

[This message has been edited by BigBoyToys (edited 11-17-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:
Say you are a follower of the classic god Ford and your bible says Fieros are an abomination against Ford. You don't feel that Fieros should be able to be registered for highway use because the Ford bible says Fords are First on Race Day and that Fieros will burn in the fires of hell. So you attempt to get laws outlawing Fiero registration... after all, Fieros are a choice.

A Fiero owner calls you up and wants their lawn mowed... you politely refuse because you can't support the Fiero lifestyle, matter a fact you have links on your website to a site you support trying to outlaw Fiero registration. The Fiero owners get a bit ticked off and email their friends and tell them not to do business with you.... Then the uproar spreads across the internet.

Originally posted by cliffw:
Wrongs do not entitle people to 'rights'. I am sure that you have heard that one can not legislate morality. Or courteousness. Or legislate opinions. I do not believe they should be able to. It has not worked for abortion. I don't know where it ever has worked. Fact is, we are all different. We hang out with those that think like us. This extends to the point of government. Some countries choose to be a different way. It's called sovereignty. Yet some people think we should feel the same way they do .
.......What a bunch of crock. People need to get bigger nut sacks. It is simply not possible to pander to the feelings of everybody. Life actually is not fair.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:

And this is the most interesting thing I've seen you state... but a bunch of others state the same thing from BOTH sides.

Do the gays have the right to have written the emails... Response- They need to stop pushing their views on good Christians

BUT- The Christians in question were very much pushing their views about homosexuals... They link to a website attempting to outlaw gay marriage.

So WHO is pushing a choice? The gay couple... absolutely, the christian couple... also absolutely.

But who was actively seeking who? Its a website, its not a picket sign outside of the couples home. Sure there are fanatics on both sides of the fence, but who was in the wrong. I think we can debate this forever and we will never get an answer. I dont think either of them are totaly wrong. But I do think sending the e-mails and talking to lawers is going too far. I think an e-mail responce back to the landscaper would have been enough. I think forwarding it to 200 people only deminstrates that they are not comfortable with the life they choose or they would have just responded with one e-mail and moved on.

I think I will move on, I think its time to quit looking at this train wreck.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2006 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BBTs ROFLMFAO.... PoorBill And you thought that apology was to you .....not even close ....here's a clue...everyone but(t)

Heres a clue ****face.. Try actually reading the post I was responding to.

to 84Bill. I apologise for the way I have responded to you.

Not only are you a freaking retard but you are an ignorant retard hardly worthey of pitty.
BigBoyToys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBoyToysSend a Private Message to BigBoyToysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, PB....but in context of what was actually posted by Nick!

Meanwhile, to 84Bill.

I apologise for the way I have responded to you. For the tone of my posts, and the way I expressed them.

I am not apologising for my view or opinion: I stand by them until the day I die.

I think you are misguided in many of your ideals, but they are yours to hold and nurture.I believe I have said before, that I have found many truths and legitimate thoughts over the years, and regret that you chose to use a means of expressing them, that virtually condemned them to be ignored.That is a pity.

"I apologise for the way I have responded to you. For the tone of my posts, and the way I expressed them."

To BBTs that was ONLY an apology to his having lost his civility towards PoorBill!

"I am not apologising for my view or opinion: I stand by them until the day I die."

To BBTs this is a personal trait which shows true character! In fact his entire post shows he is capible of personal growth at any cost! Which truely an admirable trait!

"I think you are misguided in many of your ideals, but they are yours to hold and nurture.I believe I have said before, that I have found many truths and legitimate thoughts over the years, and regret that you chose to use a means of expressing them, that virtually condemned them to be ignored.That is a pity."

This statement is exactly what BBTs has been hoping you will eventually grasp so as to GROW UP YOURSELF PoorBill....in effect your anger leaves you ineffective...essentially LAME! Get it.....BBTs don't think so!

Bill, that post was in comment to your quote of Nick's apology and your higlighted items, which I read (notice the context of the word "him" in the last sentence) as being ABOUT you not TO you.....and again how sorry he was to everyone else but you for him getting pulled down to your level of attacks! Again shows the great character and the mature nature of real adults! (ie. not you PB)

Originally posted by PoorBill regarding Nick's apology:
And I choose to apologise to you, in case you thought I was including you in my diatribe. I wasn't, despite my strong feelings which are probably stronger, and diametrically opposed, to yours.But, I have to admit, the release in being insulting back to him was nice, but not addictive.

I won't go on any more. just want you to know I still think you are a nice guy, even if your thoughts sometimes are contrary to mine.You still have that silly old neg. I gave you yeas ago, and it won't change.
God Bless
BBTs

[This message has been edited by BigBoyToys (edited 11-17-2006).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2006 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, PB....but in context of what was actually posted by Nick!

I won't go on any more. just want you to know I still think you are a nice guy, even if your thoughts sometimes are contrary to mine.You still have that silly old neg. I gave you yeas ago, and it won't change.
God Bless
BBTs

Damnit damnit damnit!

Bill, that post was in comment to your quote of Nick's apology and your higlighted items, which I read (notice the context of the word "him" in the last sentence) as being ABOUT you not TO you.....and again how sorry he was to everyone else but you for him getting pulled down to your level of attacks! Again shows the great character and the mature nature of real adults!

So I pulled him down huh? Okay.. whatever

Yeah.. lieing to everyone is what adults do best.. they learn it at an early ages by hypocrites. I lie, you lie and fierofetish lies. Just don't lie and I wont have a problem.. He meant what he said. I mean what I say I don't make lame ass excuses for it, allow others to change me with stupid accusations to the contrary or try to cover my tracks with a lie.

You hate that about me and I love the fact that you hate me for it.. so please.. don't stop. I live on your hatred of me and I will fight you ever time... because I LOVE IT.

86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
things are looking a little tense here... let me lighten it up by sharing with you snapple fact #153:

The speed limit in New York City was 8 mph in 1895

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2006 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

things are looking a little tense here... let me lighten it up by sharing with you snapple fact #153:

The speed limit in New York City was 8 mph in 1895

The only nut you can't buy in the shell is the Cashew.
Something about the shell giving you a chemical burn.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
01101101 01100001 01100100 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01101111 01101011
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock