Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Five against one. Fair fight? Perhaps not. (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Five against one. Fair fight? Perhaps not. by Raydar
Started on: 05-30-2006 09:35 AM
Replies: 254 (4305 views)
Last post by: greengoblin0129 on 08-19-2006 08:04 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I missed this thread while at work. Glad I did. Or did I ?
First, my comment to the news Raydar posted not knowing if it was five against one or six.
"Way to go Dude", Semper Fi Marine, haha muggers !"
Secondly, my comment to the news Patrick posted.

Originally posted by Patrick:
Just to keep some perspective on this, it was a pregnant teenage girl who was killed.

"My, how horrible!"
Then I wonder how the parents of the two lives lost feel.
"My, how horrible!"
Then I wonder about the lives of those that lost them.
"My, how horrible!"
Then I wonder about those whose lives are as those who lost them.
"My, how horrible!"
Then I wonder about the people (men, women, children, and babies), in other oarts of the world who are starving, enduring war, repression, terror, financial difficulties, relationship problems, substance abuse problems, mantally challenged problems, eminent domain problems (breaking news on the news channel behind me), wake up problems from the comet that did not hit, the people with problems with PIP.
"My, how horrible!"

Then I think about how this thread made five pages.
"My, how horrible!"
IP: Logged
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35921 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by cliffw:
Then I think about how this thread made five pages.
"My, how horrible!"

Then I see I own page six.
"My, how horrible!"

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

I do think that your original intent was to SLIGHTLY make a victim out of the person that died, only so far as (at that time) an innocent life, the fetus, had been lost in all of this.

John, lots of what has been stated can be debated. However, I'd like to settle something once and for all.

At no time was I trying to make a "victim" out of the girl who was killed. At no time was I trying to make any kind of an issue over the unborn fetus. I stated that a pregnant teenage girl had been killed. Period.

I assummed initially that the mugger who died was a male. I was surprised to discover it wasn't.

I've stated many times over the course of this thread why I stated what I did. Perhaps I can be accused of being naive in my view of the criminal world, but I am not a liar, and I have not been trying to cover my tracks.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36402 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by Nazareth:

Patrick.... I gave you a negative after sitting here and reading this entire thread. See some of us will tell you flat out.

Fine.

Care to explain why you feel I deserve a negative rating for my comments in this thread?

In your opinion, does anyone else deserve a negative rating for their comments in this thread?

BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does getting the last word make you feel justified?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BN Boomer:

Does getting the last word make you feel justified?

Does posting anything at all somehow make you feel intelligent?

Considering that you’ve probably done more than anyone else to try and drag this thread into the gutter, you should be the last one to be critical of anyone else's motivations.
BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does posting your supposed naive shock at the notion of a teenage girl being a gangbanger make you feel morally superior?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does posting your supposed naive shock at the notion of a teenage girl being a gangbanger make you feel morally superior?

No, but reading your many disgusting posts certainly does the trick.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few feeble attemps to get this thread back on track set aside, I think it's about time it moved towards the Trash Can.

All in favor say "Aye".

Aye.
BigBoyToys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBoyToysSend a Private Message to BigBoyToysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AYE!!! poorPattie
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why?

Cliff, considering the length and subject matter of this thread, it's remained relatively civil.

If for some reason you don't agree, I'd prefer you simply closed the thread as opposed to moving it to the Trash Bin (or as otherwise known, sig test heaven).
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was my thread, and I don't even care.
Trash it or close it. Your choice.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

A few feeble attemps to get this thread back on track set aside, I think it's about time it moved towards the Trash Can.

All in favor say "Aye".

Aye.

Aye
BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aye
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do it
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nay... there's no need to move it. The thread is winding down fine on its own.
BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, but reading your many disgusting posts certainly does the trick.

How is a fetus dying as a result of the criminal activity of it's mother any more disgusting or disturbing than a fetus being literally dismembered and shredded during an abortion?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How is a fetus dying as a result of the criminal activity of it's mother any more disgusting or disturbing than a fetus being literally dismembered and shredded during an abortion?

Somehow you’ve got it all confused. It is YOU who is “disgusting and disturbing”.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36402 posts
Member since Apr 99

Cliff, you’re right. To the Trash Can...
BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, looks like personal attacks are all Pat has left.
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK then, I'll have to incite further rioting in here since it'll be in the trash can soon anyways.

I think Patrick did nothing wrong and I agree with his disgust of a teenage girl being killed, on the other hand if I were the Marine I would have done the same thing.

I think many of you missed the simple point Pat was making. He conveyed sadness at the death of a young girl in brutal circumstances regardless of the reason for her death, but failed to also mention his disgust at the attackers themselves.

Most of you took your anger and focused on Patrick even though he didn't defend the attackers or condemn the marine. It's a text book case of projecting anger in the wrong place.

He didn't express disgust at the attackers like most of you did, and even though he didn't actually defend them, you all acted as if he did and pounced on him. This is why mob justice is illegal.

Patrick was merely expressing regret about a senseless death.

[This message has been edited by connecticutFIERO (edited 06-06-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you connecticutFIERO, for taking the high road, as opposed to this example posted earlier:

For the life of me, I cannot comprehend why you (BN Boomer) continue to harp on this topic. I expressed no emotion one way or another at any time in regards to this girl’s “unborn fetus”. All I ever stated was that it was a pregnant teenage girl who was killed. And then you stated the following:

Good. Sounds like that 2 dirts bags our society won't have to support and be victimized by.

That has got to be one of the most disgusting things I have EVER read in this or any forum, referring to an unborn fetus as a “dirt bag” that “our society won't have to support and be victimized by” !

I continue to find it amazing what many people in this forum find worthy and/or unworthy of a negative rating.
BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does it bother that your message and the manner in which you deliver it is unpopular?

And why won't you answer some simple questions?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2006 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by connecticutFIERO:
Patrick was merely expressing regret about a senseless death.

For six pages ? Reminds me of the expression of some of your political opinions. No flame intended to either of you, really. Just making an observation. People agree or they do not.
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, I'm sure the odds that a child nurtured by a violent criminal will grow up into a responsible, law abiding citizen are pretty great indeed.

Do you feel that same way about the millions of fetuses aborted in this country?

And I'm equally sure that the 3 sentances pertaining to the identity of the mother (who isn't a mother at all, it turns out) offer you no qualification upon which to judge her parenting abilities. All you know is that she took part in a violent mugging. I'm sure you've made no serious mistakes in your life, so please post a minor one so that we may judge you by it. Its becoming all too common these days that people who were raised in bad homes have persevered and turned out far better than their parents. There was a story just like that in my morning paper.

As for you question, I'll answer it, even if it is irrelevant to the conversation, marginally comparable, and obviously leading. To answer it directly, I would say that yes, I do find it disgusting that you would be so cold and cynical as to write off every aborted baby in this country arbitrarily. But regardless of your poor phrasing, thats not what you're asking. You're asking if I cry a river every time an abortion takes place, and the answer to that is no, I do not. While I am not in favor of killing innocents, I do not believe I have any right what so ever to dictate to a woman what she can or can not do with her body. So, to answer your question honestly, I am against abortion, but I am in favor of the right to choose.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does it bother that your message and the manner in which you deliver it is unpopular?

And why won't you answer some simple questions?

Because it's a ridiculous question you should already know the answer to.. Now this is kind of like trying to explain Red to a blind man, but..

empathy
A noun
1 empathy
understanding and entering into another's feelings

I don't know your wife, and frankly it wouldn't really affect me one way or the other if she got hit by a bus tonight.. As far as I'm concerned, she doesn't even really exist. Doesn't mean I can't understand that you would feel shitty about it.
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is the problem I see... your playing spin doctor for a reason.

Patrick made mention that he was surprised to hear it was a pregnent girl that died (pregnent part was misreported).

For some reason you have decided that Patrick finds this more digusting or disturbing that an abortion and that he must justify that position. Why should he justify that position when you made it up, not him. You guys keep putting words in his mouth and attributing things to him that he didn't state. Why do you feel that need? It's a nasty tactic often used in the political world, why are you using it?

Sir, is it true you've stopped beating your wife? (yes or no Senator!)

Get the picture?

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh, the humanity!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still believe this now belongs in the Trash Can.
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey cliff, how are you feeling? hope everything is well.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm feeling good, thanks.
PFF
System Bot
t-bird1963

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for t-bird1963Send a Private Message to t-bird1963Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just looking at this and I see the this
Contrary to earlier reports an autopsy showed that Martin was not pregnant when she was killed
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2006 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What? no sig test?

I can fix that
test:
------------------
I am the signature virus antibody. Please inject me into your signature so that I can irradicate this virus..

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 08-08-2006).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sig test

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe................................................

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
test

------------------

fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
test

Woot, it worked!!!

[This message has been edited by fierogirls-mom (edited 08-10-2006).]

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a test matey . . . ARRGGGGGG !

Doh didn't work

------------------
HARDCORE SBC CRONIE AND PROUD OF IT ! GOT TQ ?

[This message has been edited by FIEROPHREK (edited 08-10-2006).]

BlueGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGT87Send a Private Message to BlueGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

JetroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2006 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
test
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock