Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  North Texas, 20th anniversary car show for America Engine Rebuilders (AER), May 1st!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
North Texas, 20th anniversary car show for America Engine Rebuilders (AER), May 1st! by blakeinspace
Started on: 03-31-2010 07:23 PM
Replies: 20 (584 views)
Last post by: 2farnorth on 05-09-2010 12:22 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

North Texas Fiero Club will once again proudly participate in this large annual car show.
Show date is Saturday, May 1st!

With 10 Fiero's registered, we will get our own class, and that is important because we get judged against each other without having to compete against the Miata's, Tiburon's, Solstices and such. It also insures us of unified parking... which keeps us together to visit and socialize and watch over each other personal effects and cars.

Every year that NTFC has participated, the Fiero's have been well recieved, and last year... our turnout was so great that we actually were the second largest organized club in attendance (after the Mustangs, of course!... after all, it is their show). We got rewarded by booting the T-Bird club out of their coveted covered parking... and had shade close by. It was sweet. This year, being AER's 20th anniversary of this event, I expect a large turnout. Afterwards we will probably head over to Hard8 for some open pit BBQ.

Proceeds go to charity. There is cheap food and drink available at the event, which also goes to charity. $20 gains you entry into the show and gives you a T-Shirt and raffle ticket for prizes that include a rebuilt 350 SBC or Ford 302. Really amazing raffle items too. Every year our club gets multiple door prizes. One year I got AC Delco jackstands and the next year a roadside emergency kit. Lots of hats and other free swag.
Pre-Registration will insure you a goody bag. If you are unable to come, I will make arrangements to get your goodies to you!

....And the trophies... Big ones. Usually about 4 per class are awarded, including Best in Class, then a 1st place, then a few runner up trophies. They are of nice display quality and will make a handsome addition to any showcase.

This year we expect Fiero's to be coming in from Austin and Gatesville... last year we had Fiero's come in from Houston and GlenRose... Even if you don't consider your car 'show worthy'... come on out and support the club and the charity (I believe it is the Kidney Foundation)

Please follow the link to the event info... and print the reg form and send in your payment.
You can also register at the event, but there is usually a line and you may miss out a shirt in your size or a goody bag.
http://www.aermanufacturing.com/events/index.html

Here's a link to previous years Fiero participation and pics!
2009: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...7/HTML/000182-2.html
2008: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090907-1-070724.html

Hope to see you there.

List of attendees:
1) blakeinspace -- Formula
2) CenTexIndy -- 88 GT
3) TexGT -- 87 GT
4) revin -- 88 GT
5) Tom Slick -- 88 GT
6) AutoMark -- 86 SE
7) fierosmith -- 84 Coupe
8) fierocarparts -- ?
9) ?
10) ?

(pic courtesy of Gianna)
------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 04-20-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
blah, blah, blah...

Afterwards we will probably head over to Hard8 for some open pit BBQ.

blah, blah, blah...

what do you mean "probably", it better be a sure thing or i ain't showing up!!!

i already paid.
AutoMark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:
what do you mean "probably",

poor thing

Hey Blake, if that was list of this years attendees, rember Im in. Registered way back...
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:

Hey Blake, if that was list of this years attendees, rember Im in. Registered way back...

duly noted for both of you! thanks for helping to make our list current!... Mark, is yours an '86?
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mark, is yours an '86?

Yes sir! 86 SE...
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, mine is an '88. thanks for asking.

which one? not sure yet might be the GT or T-Top (needs new tires or i'll swap'em with the GT).

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

which one? not sure yet might be the GT or T-Top (needs new tires or i'll swap'em with the GT).

Does it always have to be about u! Geesh! Do you even need to come?!?

j/k lol
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you are racist against notchbacks... so I knew what you are bringing. You are so prejudiced against the notchback... that you have a private little room, much like the one we saw at the Roadside America Museum... that has your 'outfit'...
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have to work but might see if someone will swap with me Sat. night so I can make it. Will see what happens.

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:
Does it always have to be about u! Geesh! Do you even need to come?!?

you must have me confused with Blake.

Originally posted by blakeinwhitespace:
you are racist against notchbacks... so I knew what you are bringing. You are so prejudiced against the notchback... that you have a private little room, much like the one we saw at the Roadside America Museum... that has your 'outfit'...

i do have a little room but it only holds Fieros not the "outfit" you mention, i believe your 'outfit' was at the cleaners to make it whiter. GDB.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWEEET NEWS!....

Acker sent me an email... said the the event organizers said that with our 9 pre-paid entries... we have the same spot that we got last year!

Fiero Score!... shade FTW.

edit!... we really need 1 more to pre-reg... any takers?... oh... and who are the other two guys that paid already?
I want to add y'all to the list in the first post.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 04-05-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent mine off. Taking the yellow Formula.

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
club meeting on 4/24... we will discuss when/where to meet up for those that would like to roll in together.

Years past it has proven beneficial to show up as a group, as there are so many cars and people that trying to pick your way through one at a time can get a bit frustrating.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't gotten my info back. Have they notified you of my entrance?
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve... there is no notice... and on show day, you will just go up to pre-reg with your name and they should have you all ready to go.

There has been no problems with this in the past. I think... once upon a time we got registration post cards... but it seems like they haven't done that in a while.

BTW, thank you for your willingness to participate. I will be bringing my nephew (age 12)... if you want to bring your grandson, or Poe... if you want to bring Jacob out.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
30% chance of rain at the moment... they raised it from 20% yesterday!

If it is a rainout... the rain date is the following Saturday.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SWEEET NEWS!....

Acker sent me an email... said the the event organizers said that with our 9 pre-paid entries... we have the same spot that we got last year!

Fiero Score!... shade FTW.

edit!... we really need 1 more to pre-reg... any takers?... oh... and who are the other two guys that paid already?
I want to add y'all to the list in the first post.

I confess... it was me. However, I may not be able to make it....sob
I started a new job and my schedule is not looking good. I really really want to show off my car (engine) and get a trophy...
We will see but it is not looking good as of right now.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 04-28-2010).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Terrance... I hope you can make it... I feel confident your car will place.

A little more weather news. Chance of rain coverage now down to 50% for Sat morning... and they say the bulk of it will be more East and SE. As the show is more to the North, and just slightly East... maybe that will be a good sign.

I have got to get on the road at 0615... to pick up my nephew by 0700... to get to Pappas by 0745... to get to Valero by 0800... to get to AER by 0830...
Anyway, what I am saying is... I will not be anywhere near a PC to know anything if the show is on or not, so I am going to proceed like it is on. If someone knows for certain otherwise, please call me.

I will give the car a bath tonight, and fully expect it to get wet road dirty tomorrow. I have made my peace with that certainty... and will enjoy the show regardless.
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, me and my dad should be showing up to the show, IF I can get up that is.
Work 10 hours with a 2 hour nap, ya I'll be good.
Hopefully it doesnt rain like it did last year.

Zach
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly... the event was pushed to the rain date. I guess better safe than sorry... it would suck to be out at a show and have big weather with hail and such move in.

SO we will try AER on the 8th. Same plans for rendezvous.

Pappas @ 0745. Beltline/I-35 Valero @ 0800. AER @ 0830.

I hope we can get asmuch attendance, I know many of you guys had to adjust your work schedules to make this.
So I thank you, and hope to see you next Saturday.
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/080463-3.html I posted a few pics in the other thread in general
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock